No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too bad we didn't draft Kyle Anderson last year we would have had 2 guys making the first team. I just heard he won mvp of summer league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Too bad we didn't draft Kyle Anderson last year we would have had 2 guys making the first team. I just heard he won mvp of summer league

If ceez can let go of Gary Forbes, you're really going to have to find a way to let go of Kyle Anderson.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        Too bad we didn't draft Kyle Anderson last year we would have had 2 guys making the first team. I just heard he won mvp of summer league

You realize MVP of Summer League is about as meaningful as a participation ribbon from track and field day?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So very tru just happy to see the kid playing well.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            You realize MVP of Summer League is about as meaningful as a participation ribbon from track and field day?
            But but JV was the Summer League MVP a couple of years ago!!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              But but JV was the Summer League MVP a couple of years ago!!
              Summer League MVP is just a get out of summer league free card.

Comment

• Good read he says he grew looking up to DD/Westbrook.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...zan-westbrook/
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ross better be on his A game this year.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Ross better be on his A game this year.
                    Ross had his ankle cleaned up...he has until dec 15th to prove himself or I jettison him and split his minutes between Wright, Powell and Cory Jo
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      Ross had his ankle cleaned up...he has until dec 15th to prove himself or I jettison him and split his minutes between Wright, Powell and Cory Jo
                      I'm with you man. I just want him to show that he cares.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Norman Powell

Yet although Powell watched DeRozan’s highlight tapes as a youngster, he’s had another California guard looking out for him for a while, Russell Westbrook. The former UCLA star has taken Powell under his wing and counselled him on everything from navigating college as a student athlete to his impending transition to the NBA. In turn, Powell has modelled his game after Westbrook, massive chip on the shoulder and all.

It’s only fitting that 45 players surpassed him on draft night, making that chip even bigger. You can see that frustration play out when he’s on the court as his level of hustle and will is palpable. It is a trait evaluators often overlook because you can’t place a numerical value to it but it is a skill nonetheless. Fact is, not every player plays with that level of passion.

Westbrook has made it his calling card, and although Powell copies everything from Westbrook’s gun-in-holster three-point celebration to his exuberant screams after dunks, his game actually resembles Dwyane Wade’s. Westbrook only knows one speed as he Sonic the Hedgehogs his way up and down the floor. Although Powell is equally a Tasmanian devil on defence, offensively his game is more about using his athleticism to change speeds and catch defenders off guard with quick bursts. Like Wade, he’s more of a rhythm pull-up shooter than a catch and shoot threat and utilizes his floater in the lane when opposing guards are giving him space because of his blow-by potential.
                        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...zan-westbrook/
                        Last edited by Axel; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Everything Norman Powell

I think he just puts an emphasis on taking the ball to the rim.

Or at least I hope. No long 2s please
                          Last edited by Axel; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 10:39 AM.
                          OG is our king

Comment

• Ross vs Powell in college
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Like alot about this kid.

I think he is really gonna be a steal, and something pretty special... just wait and see...

Comment

• We're so deep (and because DeMar and Jonas dominate the airwaves) I find myself forgetting about this guy, but he looks spectacular. I really think that most years you'd be more than happy coming out of the first round, lottery even, with a prospect of his calibre.

Comment

Working...
                                X