No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love articles like this.. thanks for the share!

Comment

• I really feel like Terrence Ross has a target on his back. No extension combined with Powell's tenacity...I predict something happening there
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I really feel like Terrence Ross has a target on his back. No extension combined with Powell's tenacity...I predict something happening there
        He will survive the season, unless we trade for KD during this season

Comment

I really feel like Terrence Ross has a target on his back. No extension combined with Powell's tenacity...I predict something happening there
          Ross and Powell really are night and day in terms of their emotion on the court, from I've seen out of Powell. And Powells got ALOT more bulk to him (20+ lbs on TRoss, even though he's 2" shorter), so I think Powell manages the wear and tear of the season better than Ross has as well.

Basically, I used to LOVE Ross, and now I have more faith in a 2nd Rounder to contribute than him ...

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Gives us more reason to buy some 905 tickets
            I honestly think the 905 is going to blow the roof off the D-League; I can see them getting ALOT of fan support, and sticking another feather in Toronto's already illustrious "Greatest Fan Base in the League" hat. I'm pretty sure we've already secured it in the NBA and MLB already.

Comment

• Powell is gonna to come off the bench and put up 18/5/5 and make Ross expendable by the end of the year. This kid is gonna be a beast.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I honestly think the 905 is going to blow the roof off the D-League; I can see them getting ALOT of fan support, and sticking another feather in Toronto's already illustrious "Greatest Fan Base in the League" hat. I'm pretty sure we've already secured it in the NBA and MLB already.
                Yeah, I plan on checking out a few games. Cheap prices plus shorter commutes (at least for me living in the west end) seem like a no brainer.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                  Powell is gonna to come off the bench and put up 18/5/5 and make Ross expendable by the end of the year. This kid is gonna be a beast.
                  Wow ... for Fantasy's sake, I sure hope so!! Love the optimism! Haha

Comment

Yeah, Anthopolous spoke, on clinching nite about how the league has noticed (again) the sell-outs ... and ovations for guys taking batting practice and so on. Bob McCown has spoken about how, with the '92, '93 Jays wins, the atmosphere at games was very different - mostly people just coming into town to see the 'dome - like a Sunday brunch. Now it's full of fans - very loud and baseball-aware, hungry, happy fans.

The 6 is just bustin' out.

Comment

I agree.

Courtside seats are just $90 based on pricing....cost of nose bleeds for Raptors.

Going to be an opportunity for families to actually be able to take everyone to multiple games when most tickets are in the $11-$25 range.

Kevins gonna notice!
                      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Oct 2, 2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                        Powell is gonna to come off the bench and put up 18/5/5 and make Ross expendable by the end of the year. This kid is gonna be a beast.
                        Powell goes for 18/5/5 and Demar is expendable

Comment

As much as we all like powell, i dont see him playing mich regularly, until maybe the wnd of the year. We wont need his defense as bad, which realistically won't be great this year because he needs to adjust to the nba. Now we have quite a few good defenders, but still need shooting. Anyone who is going to compliment dd or jv better be a good shooter, which powell hasnt proven yet. Give him a year then i think he will step up. Then bench also doesnt have much shooting either. I have high hopes for powell right now but i cant see him playing right now.

it doesn't really make sense for ross to look for am extention right now, coming off that last season. i dont see his value getting much worse, while he could drive his value up a lot if he plays better defense which i feel is realistic.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            As much as we all like powell, i dont see him playing mich regularly, until maybe the wnd of the year. We wont need his defense as bad, which realistically won't be great this year because he needs to adjust to the nba. Now we have quite a few good defenders, but still need shooting. Anyone who is going to compliment dd or jv better be a good shooter, which powell hasnt proven yet. Give him a year then i think he will step up. Then bench also doesnt have much shooting either. I have high hopes for powell right now but i cant see him playing right now.

it doesn't really make sense for ross to look for am extention right now, coming off that last season. i dont see his value getting much worse, while he could drive his value up a lot if he plays better defense which i feel is realistic.
                            It also doesn't make sense for the Raps to sign him to an extension because if he plays as poorly as last season we're better off without him. A true make or break season for Ross.

Comment

True for NBA, but let's remember the Jays have only just regained their fan base as far as attendance is concerned. That said, we have done a superb job! Even the Maple Laughs sell out every dang night...

I heard that Norman has changed his last name to Bates, btw. So he goes by Norman Bates from now on... Killer!

Comment

• Norman Powell, potentially the steal of the 2015 draft according to Jerry Stackhouse.

According to Jerry Stackhouse, the 18-year NBA veteran who joined the Raptors as an assistant coach this summer, Powell is above all else a competitor. “That bodes well for anybody coming into the NBA,” he says. “You can be highly skilled, but I’ll take a competitor over a highly skilled guy anytime.” And Powell’s relentlessness and focus are paying off. “Norm has shown all summer that he’s primed to be the steal of the draft,” says Stackhouse.
                                http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-of-the-draft/
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X