Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Generally speaking, it doesn't hold true in every case, of course. But yes, there is an average peak year for NBA players.
    Just want to point out how ridiculous it is to compare age when you know that those players came into the NBA at different ages. 4 year college seniors can develop too.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Just want to point out how ridiculous it is to compare age when you know that those players came into the NBA at different ages. 4 year college seniors can develop too.
      2K Lillard.

Comment

• A solid 17 min from Powell last night. Nothing spectacular, but he played well and looked more than comfortable out there. Those 17 min are best used on him than JJ IMO, who likely won't be with the team next season, and Powell will, unless traded of course.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
          A solid 17 min from Powell last night. Nothing spectacular, but he played well and looked more than comfortable out there. Those 17 min are best used on him than JJ IMO, who likely won't be with the team next season, and Powell will, unless traded of course.
          Yeah, we've had some good matchups for him with no big wings, though. That's the key. Once Carroll is back it will be a moot point, as Powell and JJ both probably get demoted to foul trouble subs. In the meantime it really is a matchup issue - neither DD nor Powell can handle someone like LBJ or Melo for very long, so you need JJ for those matchups. Otherwise, I agree, Powell all the way.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It's really Powell's athleticism that has me intrigued. He's deceptively explosive.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yeah, we've had some good matchups for him with no big wings, though. That's the key. Once Carroll is back it will be a moot point, as Powell and JJ both probably get demoted to foul trouble subs. In the meantime it really is a matchup issue - neither DD nor Powell can handle someone like LBJ or Melo for very long, so you need JJ for those matchups. Otherwise, I agree, Powell all the way.
              honestly, and I'm probably a fool for saying so, but I'd be ok with letting Demar guard those guys. A full game might be too much though, so JJ getting some burn might be necessary even if Demar is able to do a decent job on them, which he probably can't but I think he would at least, put forth a strong effort. Post D against those guys would be my biggest concern actually. And of course, it could affect Dema's effectiveness offensively, and he probably wouldn't want the responsibility anyways. Like you said, all moot with a Carroll return, and hopefully that's soon. But good to see quality minutes for one of the young guys, and even better to see them use it well.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's really Powell's athleticism that has me intrigued. He's deceptively explosive.
                Which is why his finishing at the rim has been disappointing to me so far. Should be a lot better in the paint with that much bounce.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  Which is why his finishing at the rim has been disappointing to me so far. Should be a lot better in the paint with that much bounce.
                  Thinking it's a confidence thing at this point. Doesn't seem to have the same problem with the 905.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    Generally speaking, it doesn't hold true in every case, of course. But yes, there is an average peak year for NBA players.
                    But funny enough, as of late there's been a lot of late bloomers.... we even have one on OUR team.

Saying that our rooks are not becoming better players is a laugh. The one with the most growth by far is Bruno..... but I think Bebe & Norm have shown they're able to contribute.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I think its crazy... this guy is a second rounder and considering that he has been doing GREAT. I honestly think he will play a few spot duty minutes at the 2/3 come playoff time. Like 5 minutes a game.

Comment

• Today's game was great. Against the bucks of all teams who traded us the pick we used to draft him. And the clippers pick. For Vasquez.

I'm glad I'm not a bucks fan

Comment

• I still think it is best if we only play young guys in the DL so the vets can play in the NBA, then one day they will just be ready

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Today's game was great. Against the bucks of all teams who traded us the pick we used to draft him. And the clippers pick. For Vasquez.

I'm glad I'm not a bucks fan
                            Another big steal from Masai!

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              I think its crazy... this guy is a second rounder and considering that he has been doing GREAT. I honestly think he will play a few spot duty minutes at the 2/3 come playoff time. Like 5 minutes a game.
                              I could see one of the young guys playing for a decent stretch at some point. Why game plan for the "scrub" who has played nearly all year in the d-league? Houston has had one of these players for the past few playoffs, if memory serves me well.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                                I think its crazy... this guy is a second rounder and considering that he has been doing GREAT. I honestly think he will play a few spot duty minutes at the 2/3 come playoff time. Like 5 minutes a game.
                                I'd play him more in the Playoffs if he continues to play well.

Comment

Working...
                                X