Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice game from Norman, keep it up!

Comment

• Norman quickly becoming an Alan Anderson type player for the Raptors. The good years when Anderson was playing within himself.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I can't really explain why, but I'm really rooting for Powell to crack the rotation. I love his humble attitude, his willingness to learn, and his eagerness to succeed.

I wouldn't be upset if he eventually makes Ross expendable this summer.
        Barolt wrote: View Post
        I'll never understand the desire in the Raptors fanbase to trade players that are just starting to reach their potential. JV's starting to look like a future all-star? Every Raps fan putting him in trade scenarios.

Ross starting to look like a solid 3&D guy who could either start or be a fantastic 6th man? Let's trade him!

How about we keep some of these quality players?
        Barolt, I feel somewhat vindicated after a 1-game sample.

Ross? Who needs him?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Norman quickly becoming an Alan Anderson type player for the Raptors. The good years when Anderson was playing within himself.
          Sorry, which good years?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barolt, I feel somewhat vindicated after a 1-game sample.

Ross? Who needs him?
            I like Ross, and he's pretty key to our success. But he's also the key to being able to trade for a significant PF upgrade this summer. So Powell showing he can take a few minutes - and potentially spread the floor - is a very nice development.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I can't really explain why, but I'm really rooting for Powell to crack the rotation. I love his humble attitude, his willingness to learn, and his eagerness to succeed.

I wouldn't be upset if he eventually makes Ross expendable this summer.
              DanH wrote: View Post
              I like Ross, and he's pretty key to our success. But he's also the key to being able to trade for a significant PF upgrade this summer. So Powell showing he can take a few minutes - and potentially spread the floor - is a very nice development.
              Gonna miss his ability to nail 3s in defenders' grillz, though....

Comment

• What is Powell's ceiling at this point? Mo Pete type player?

Comment

What is Powell's ceiling at this point? Mo Pete type player?
                  Seems to have a quicker first step, and better handles. Has the ability to create his own shot, which wasnt really MoPete's game.

I'd say his absolute best case ceiling is a Monta Ellis/Gilbert Arenas.

Comment

Seems to have a quicker first step, and better handles. Has the ability to create his own shot, which wasnt really MoPete's game.

That is extremely high praise....to the point I'm not sure if you're joking or not. What a pick it would be if it turned out that way.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I like Powell, but I'm not convinced yet that he can be the shooter we need off the bench, where we don't have very many capable shooters.

I have a hard time considering Ross expendable until we have more players who fulfill his skill set.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        I like Powell, but I'm not convinced yet that he can be the shooter we need off the bench, where we don't have very many capable shooters.

I have a hard time considering Ross expendable until we have more players who fulfill his skill set.
                        He's not expendable. I wouldn't trade him for a pick or something. But any high-salary deal that requires youth going the other way? It's JV or Ross (plus more either way, probably). And between those two the choice seems obvious.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That is extremely high praise....to the point I'm not sure if you're joking or not. What a pick it would be if it turned out that way.
                          Not joking. But I'm only comparing skillset and athletic ability at this point. A lot still has to go well for Powell to even sniff those guys. And he still needs the team to heavily invest in his development. But it looks like there's a good foundation to build from.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            He's not expendable. I wouldn't trade him for a pick or something. But any high-salary deal that requires youth going the other way? It's JV or Ross (plus more either way, probably). And between those two the choice seems obvious.
                            Agree completely. I'd far rather keep JV than Ross.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Ideally Ross isn't going to be on the team next year.

Not because I want Ross gone, but because I want us to make a major acquisition and that would almost certainly require him to be traded. What Norman's showing us is great in that case, because it looks like we have a guy who's going to develop into a very solid backup two-way shooting guard.

Comment

Monta is a pretty good comparison still. But Norm with better defence. And ironically Monta was a late second round find too.

Comment

Working...
                                X