Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Ideally Ross isn't going to be on the team next year.

Not because I want Ross gone, but because I want us to make a major acquisition and that would almost certainly require him to be traded. What Norman's showing us is great in that case, because it looks like we have a guy who's going to develop into a very solid backup two-way shooting guard.

Well said.
    Assuming we resign derozan and have no cap room the challenge with keeping Ross with the team's current salary structure is as follows:

We have an $11 million back up shooting guard and no cap room to get a starting power forward. If Powell can get a few more minutes and develop his jumper a bit more that would be great growth to see.

Also if best player available with the Knicks pick is a guard it compounds the log jam.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      What is Powell's ceiling at this point? Mo Pete type player?
      I don't know about it being his ceiling but, he reminds me a lot of Avery Bradley. He might be more explosive though.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I don't know about it being his ceiling but, he reminds me a lot of Avery Bradley. He might be more explosive though.
        Might be? Powell is Westbrook-lite. To be fair, everyone in the NBA is but Norm pretty much has the same body. Needs better handles to really get those rim attacks going though.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• All you need to know about Ross and Powell. Is how each one spent their all-star break.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
            Might be? Powell is Westbrook-lite. To be fair, everyone in the NBA is but Norm pretty much has the same body. Needs better handles to really get those rim attacks going though.
            They've been getting him to play some point on 905. Maybe the coaching staff has the same idea.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Been saying it since they both signed their extension. JV/Ross will be packaged for another All-star/superstar.

My guess is Boogie.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                I think he just needs to work on his angles and timing on those drives. Can guarantee he hasn't experienced any Greek Freaks in the D-League

Comment

Been saying it since they both signed their extension. JV/Ross will be packaged for another All-star/superstar.

My guess is Boogie.
                  Seriously doubt it. And Boogie makes no sense if you are packaging both, that's too much salary going out. If you are packaging both (and you aren't), it's for a max free agent sign and trade, or a player on a max deal already, like Bosh or Love.

Can't see them moving both those guys when they are locked in to reasonable long term deals. Ross, sure. Or JV, if a monster is available. Not both. Certainly not in the same deal.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

All you need to know about Ross and Powell. Is how each one spent their all-star break.
                    and how was that?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Seriously doubt it. And Boogie makes no sense if you are packaging both, that's too much salary going out. If you are packaging both (and you aren't), it's for a max free agent sign and trade, or a player on a max deal already, like Bosh or Love.

Can't see them moving both those guys when they are locked in to reasonable long term deals. Ross, sure. Or JV, if a monster is available. Not both. Certainly not in the same deal.
                      I could see a sign and trade for Al Horford. Which would be a great deal. I personally think. Raps are one All star away.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I could see a sign and trade for Al Horford. Which would be a great deal. I personally think. Raps are one All star away.
                        I really don't want Horford on a max. And I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a true superstar.

Horford is 30. You really want to be paying an undersized big man 35+ million when he's 35 years old?
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          and how was that?
                          Ross spent it with Amber Rose in Toronto.

Powell went home to work on his jump shot
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's literally all you know is that Ross spent some time with Amber Rose. You don't know how much time, or how much he spent in the gym. You're using your personal bias to speculate, and this ridiculous obsession some Raptors fans have with the idea that Amber Rose is ruining Terrence Ross.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Yes, because nobody else in the league spent the all-star break taking time off.

Comment

I'm pretty sure all 450 players spent some time with their significant others during allstar break.

Comment

Working...
                                X