Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I could JJ starting if we play Indy, to matchup with George so Derozan wont have to guard him. And Powell if we play Det, as they don't have a wing tandem that should cause a Powell/Demar duo much trouble.
    Pope and Morris are a pretty big tandem, we know Derozam won't want to guard Morris and Powell would give up lots of size.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I could JJ starting if we play Indy, to matchup with George so Derozan wont have to guard him. And Powell if we play Det, as they don't have a wing tandem that should cause a Powell/Demar duo much trouble.
      Harris and Morris play a lot of SF and they're both 6'9" 230lbs
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Damn Powell!!!

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          Pope and Morris are a pretty big tandem, we know Derozam won't want to guard Morris and Powell would give up lots of size.
          Why would DeRozan not want to guard Morris? He often does better against bigger, slower players like that. KCP would be the more difficult cover because he's very quick and moves a ton off the ball.

I don't even understand the logic there at all tbh.

Comment

• This guys is already way more consistent than Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• This guy has excelled on every level which is amazing for a 2nd rounder. Powell killed the summer league than the D-league and now in the NBA.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                Why would DeRozan not want to guard Morris? He often does better against bigger, slower players like that. KCP would be the more difficult cover because he's very quick and moves a ton off the ball.

I don't even understand the logic there at all tbh.
                Morris has been Detroit's 1st or 2nd option on offence down the stretch. Demar would not be guarding a slow guy just camping out on the perimeter, he would be a guarding a very active offensive player that would require 100% attention. Demar could do it, but it may limit him on his own offensive end.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Can't over state what a nice surprise Powell has been thus far. Excellent find by MU.

Comment

• The kicker is that Masai traded GV for Powell, and got enough cap space from that trade to sign CoJo.

That trade may surpass even the Amir trade that Bryan made.

Comment

• At the end of February, Powell was 1 for 14, .071% behind the arc.

Since then, 22 for 49, .445%.

So despite that rough start, his total on the season now up to .365%, better than league average.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        The kicker is that Masai traded GV for Powell, and got enough cap space from that trade to sign CoJo.

And got the Clips 1st round pick next year.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          The kicker is that Masai traded GV for Powell, and got enough cap space from that trade to sign CoJo.

Yep, last season we saw that GV wasn't good enough to continuing being a Raptor. Given that GV missed almost the entire season and even while healthy didn't help The Bucks much, this is one trade the Bucks wish they could have back. Norman Powell looks to be a major steal.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Yep, last season we saw that GV wasn't good enough to continuing being a Raptor. Given that GV missed almost the entire season and even while healthy didn't help The Bucks much, this is one trade the Bucks wish they could have back. Norman Powell looks to be a major steal.
                            I think Jason Kidd influenced that move for GV...and of course not only was Powell the 46th (?) pick but he had yet to play for anyone at this level. That they gave up 1st as well in the deal is what's surprising. Also Weltman (previously with the Bucks) might have had some insight into their thinking. Powell was great right out of the gate (summer league) ...surprised he did not have a better ranking in the draft...must have supressed his game in college.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I think Jason Kidd influenced that move for GV...and of course not only was Powell the 46th (?) pick but he had yet to play for anyone at this level. That they gave up 1st as well in the deal is what's surprising. Also Weltman (previously with the Bucks) might have had some insight into their thinking. Powell was great right out of the gate (summer league) ...surprised he did not have a better ranking in the draft...must have supressed his game in college.
                              Powell dropped cause he did not have a great jump shot in college and he wasn't a point guard so an undersized guard with no jump shot and high motor can mostly turn into a Randy Foye type of a player and they are a dime a dozen. However Powell is much more then that and I do think that his jump shot will only get better next year.

Comment

• His game is like a fusion of Westbrook and Wade, Mostly D Wade though. Which is ridiculous considering we got him in second round. I've been saying since I saw him play in the summer league that he's got massive potential, dude plays so damn hard and he has the physical and mental abilities to give him that advantage. It's gonna be fun seeing how much he improves year by year, I see great things in the future

Comment

Working...
                                X