Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    So Murray will slide into Wright's role of zero minutes per game? That's the role you want Murray to play, bench warmer and occasional D-League star?

If we somehow got Murray, CoJo is gone, the minutes have to come from somewhere and Murray plays the same exact role at combo guard, but he's just way way better than CoJo, which was obvious to see when they played together for Team Canada.
    Are we assuming Casey is back or not? Or does it not matter? In my view, Casey is not back. So I suspect a coach to give the 3rd string PG more time than Casey has given his. Murray despite being a top 5 pick doesn't guarantee him anything. He's not way way better than CoJo. Team Canada =/= NBA. Otherwise Scola would be a hall of famer.

CoJo knows how to play/defend in the NBA. Murray doesn't. Murray needs at least a half season if not more to figure things out before he gets the reigns. The Raptors are not a lottery team trying to get better. They are trying to get to the next step which is basically a ring at this point.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Powell, Wright and Nogueira are all, in my opinion, well-positioned to play backup roles next season but a lot of that will depend on the playoffs and, subsequently, the offseason. The good news is that all 3 guys look like they can play, which give MU more options. At a bare minimum, I expect to see Powell taking on JJ's role as the 10th man. Everything else (or more) is up in the air....
      I as well think that those three can play greater roles next year, but im hesitant about Bebe, the dude gets hurt so often.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I as well think that those three can play greater roles next year, but im hesitant about Bebe, the dude gets hurt so often.

They can't protect him forever. Sometimes you need to throw them to the doges.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          They can't protect him forever. Sometimes you need to throw them to the doges.
          I totally agree, i just think we should be realistic and have another option for if/when bebe gets hurt.

Also, Nicely done.

Comment

• trade Bebe, keep Byombo. Bebe is gone if Masai can figure out how to make that work.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              trade Bebe, keep Byombo. Bebe is gone if Masai can figure out how to make that work.
              Ultimately I think it all comes down to collateral damage. With the real decisions resting on what big moves are made.

If Joseph ends up being a trade piece, Wright will stay. If Biyombo can't be kept, BeBe will stay. And if they are kept, the rookies become candidates to be included in a deal as prospect filler.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If Joseph ends up being a trade piece, Wright will stay. If Biyombo can't be kept, BeBe will stay. And if they are kept, the rookies become candidates to be included in a deal as prospect filler.
                I would prefer to keep both Joseph and Wright for another season pending Lowry free agency in the summer of 2017, just to see if their progress could justify perhaps not giving Lowry near max contract at the age of 31 with his history of injuries. Of course if they draft someone like Jamal Murray then this changes everything

Comment

• Last edited by consmap; Mon Apr 4, 2016, 08:51 PM.
                  OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    this is great

Comment

• Man, Powells ability to dribble coast to coast at FULL speed its remarkable .. his control is incredible.

Comment

• Look at 'em now

Powell still taking it coast to coast with the big boys of the NBA

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          Really? Lol, norman has made DD expendable but Wright doesn't make Cojo expendable, because of knowledge and experience? Really?
                          YOU ignored what I was trying to say. If Masai feels he can get a better player at another postion, that makes up for us losing DD IMO. Powell seems to have the IQ and motor for us to not have a huge void at SG.

I don't wanna give up on DD, but.... if Masai feels he can use that cash elsewhere and make us stronger, why not?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                            YOU ignored what I was trying to say. If Masai feels he can get a better player at another postion, that makes up for us losing DD IMO. Powell seems to have the IQ and motor for us to not have a huge void at SG.

I don't wanna give up on DD, but.... if Masai feels he can use that cash elsewhere and make us stronger, why not?
                            Wow, this reads like irrational logic. If you trade DD you are rebuilding. You want to turn the second best team in the East into a rebuilding team? Furthermore, it appears that Lowry and DD are a package deal. Team chemistry, especially when the 2 catalysts are all stars is not something to mess with. Furthermore, Powell has proven nothing. He makes no one on the Raps a trade-able asset. Powell can't replace DD output, improving efficiency or fouls drawn. Powell can't replace Ross' perimeter shooting.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Man, Powells ability to dribble coast to coast at FULL speed its remarkable .. his control is incredible.
                              Westbrook-esque
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post

I love Powell, but I think we should consider that teams haven't really scouted for him and its the end of the season, when players are beaten up and possibly not playing as hard as they could. I wouldn't make any fundamental roster changes centered around him until at least after next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X