Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Wow, this reads like irrational logic. If you trade DD you are rebuilding. You want to turn the second best team in the East into a rebuilding team? Furthermore, it appears that Lowry and DD are a package deal. Team chemistry, especially when the 2 catalysts are all stars is not something to mess with. Furthermore, Powell has proven nothing. He makes no one on the Raps a trade-able asset. Powell can't replace DD output, improving efficiency or fouls drawn. Powell can't replace Ross' perimeter shooting.
    I agree. I am not the biggest fan of DD, but if you let him walk we become a team that is looking into the playoffs. I think if we can somehow last a decent 4 (and possibly a defensive 5) in the draft, we should be good for next year. I like our current team, and I think we can address our weaknesses with the two first round picks we have.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Westbrook-esque
      And people laughed when some of us comped Powell to a D-Wade Lite version, in summer league. POW!!!

BTW. That should be his nickname. POW!!! Just POW!!!

Comment

• We've already been over the fact many times that letting DD walk does not open up max cap space for the Raptors. He would not be replaced by a max level FA. You'd either move forward without him and wait for other contracts to expire on the team in order to sign a max FA down the road, or you'd be unloading other players + assets to try to acquire that replacement talent now. There is no linear "DD out, Al Horford in" scenario for this summer.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          I agree. I am not the biggest fan of DD, but if you let him walk we become a team that is looking into the playoffs. I think if we can somehow last a decent 4 (and possibly a defensive 5) in the draft, we should be good for next year. I like our current team, and I think we can address our weaknesses with the two first round picks we have.
          I agree. If/when we sign Demar to the max we won't have money to sign any big name free agents and I don't think there are many starting calibre PF's in free agency this upcoming year from what I remember, so we might have to use our draft picks to fill the voids we have. Are there any really good PF's coming out of college that would be around our pick?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            I agree. If/when we sign Demar to the max we won't have money to sign any big name free agents and I don't think there are many starting calibre PF's in free agency this upcoming year from what I remember, so we might have to use our draft picks to fill the voids we have. Are there any really good PF's coming out of college that would be around our pick?
            There are a few prospects at the 4 for our lottery pick. Again, it is going to be rookies, but if you can put them into a system that is established with all-stars, you can allow them to grow without having to put too much focus and pressure on them. Sadly, the only way I think we obtain a 'quality starting 4 now" is to trade. If we can wait it out, we could have a decent 4 (through the draft) develop in the next few years.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Westbrook-esque
              Thought the same thing actually. He's just SO explosive with that first step.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Thought the same thing actually. He's just SO explosive with that first step.
                Or like LeBron, clearly without the size, but he runs 3/4 of the court and makes it look like other guys are standing still, which is nuts considering all 10 guys on the floor are freak athletes. You know whenever he turns on the jets he can get right to the rim and at least draw a foul, if not dunk it off whatever foot and almost regardless of traffic + balance. He's also got amazing lateral agility at speed. It's fun.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Or like LeBron, clearly without the size, but he runs 3/4 of the court and makes it look like other guys are standing still, which is nuts considering all 10 guys on the floor are freak athletes. You know whenever he turns on the jets he can get right to the rim and at least draw a foul, if not dunk it off whatever foot and almost regardless of traffic + balance. He's also got amazing lateral agility at speed. It's fun.
                  I'm hesitant to compare anyone to Lebron, but I can see the point you are making .. he is very sturdy.. looks almost impossible to interupt his course once he reaches "top speed".

Comment

• So Powell is some sort of Westbrook Wade Lebron hybrid...damn we love our rookies lol
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He's Westbrook-lite with more discipline on defense.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Lol everybody needs to relax with the player comparisons here.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          Lol everybody needs to relax with the player comparisons here.
                          Wait so he doesn't remind you of a young jordan?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            Wait so he doesn't remind you of a young jordan?
                            That's all I see when he's on the court
                            OG is our king

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                              Lol everybody needs to relax with the player comparisons here.
                              It's more about his athletic attacking style of play than anything else. Obviously Powell is not being asked to play PG nor given free reign to run wild on a 23 win team like Westbrook was (and still is on a 55~ win team).

He's not on Westbrook's level but there are similarities.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                So Powell is some sort of Westbrook Wade Lebron hybrid...damn we love our rookies lol
                                And when they don't live up to our full expectations it's " this guy sucks, let's trade him now!"

Comment

Working...
                                X