• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
    Is there a ROTM for April?

Cause Norman deserves to win it, IMO.
    Yes there is.

And that was exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      I really notice it with Ross. Seems like Wright specifically looks for him on the three point line and Ross knows it's coming. Deadly

Powell is just a good complimentary player all around
      Yeah you can tell they have great chemistry. Those two are great friends off the court as well.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Spurs traded George Hill, a good pg for a guy in the mid first round that couldnt really shoot, worked for them. Different yes, but i wouldnt say that depth is more important than getting a star player.
        Hill was never an All-Star. Trading a solid role player for Kawhi Leonard isn't the same as trading an All-Star. Not really sure where you're going with this.

Either way, trading DeMar is akin to rebuilding. It dramatically impacts the locker room. Demar is a well liked person in the league. If he's forced out of Toronto all the goodwill built by this regime with the rest of the league is up in flames.

Back to Powell --

With his current play, it bodes well for resting DD and Ross before the playoffs. Also, he's maturing quickly into an NBA player. Both him and Wright prove that drafting Seniors is a good move for teams that want to win immediately. The Raps appear to be doing a great job scouting internationally and ALL of the NCAAs (not just the freshman).

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Hill was never an All-Star. Trading a solid role player for Kawhi Leonard isn't the same as trading an All-Star. Not really sure where you're going with this.

Either way, trading DeMar is akin to rebuilding. It dramatically impacts the locker room. Demar is a well liked person in the league. If he's forced out of Toronto all the goodwill built by this regime with the rest of the league is up in flames.

Back to Powell --

With his current play, it bodes well for resting DD and Ross before the playoffs. Also, he's maturing quickly into an NBA player. Both him and Wright prove that drafting Seniors is a good move for teams that want to win immediately. The Raps appear to be doing a great job scouting internationally and ALL of the NCAAs (not just the freshman).
          I wasn't really referring to DD as much as 'depth'. My argument is that depth is not as important as getting a potential star player. So basically I have no problems giving up a backup if it gives us a reasonable return, even if it may not help us immediately.
          Last edited by DogeLover1234; Sat Apr 9, 2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            ...But let's wait for a bigger sample before we start projecting a ceiling.
            Dog days of the season. Just having some fun speculating. As for Powell's game and the impact scouting will have, he rebounds really well, is a willing passer, is constantly moving, can hit the three if his man leaves him and has tremendous speed and body control which is going to mean transition points and finding cracks in the defense. I don't know how much you can scout that.

Anybody leaves Powell to double someone else, they are going to pay, if he keeps playing like he has. And at 24, I think he has ingrained a ton of good habits and a high BBall IQ. I am not expecting a rookie wall from Norman or a sophomore slump.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Dog days of the season. Just having some fun speculating. As for Powell's game and the impact scouting will have, he rebounds really well, is a willing passer, is constantly moving, can hit the three if his man leaves him and has tremendous speed and body control which is going to mean transition points and finding cracks in the defense. I don't know how much you can scout that.

Anybody leaves Powell to double someone else, they are going to pay, if he keeps playing like he has. And at 24, I think he has ingrained a ton of good habits and a high BBall IQ. I am not expecting a rookie wall from Norman or a sophomore slump.
              Norman is 22. Turns 23 next month. Wright is the one that is 24.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Yeah, both were seniors but Wright was an old senior while Powell was a very young senior.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, both were seniors but Wright was an old senior while Powell was a very young senior.
                  Which is trippy cuz Powell looks way older than Delon. I wouldn't give Delon a day over 19. Maybe it's the braces effect.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    My bad. This just elevates his final ceiling remarkably. As mentioned in the links I posted, performance tends to increase to the age of 25 - 26.

Powell is with the team for 2 more seasons on the current contract. This team, with the veteran support, very good assistant coaches and an obvious propensity to put time and effort into player development, and Powell who seems to have a solid work ethic, are going to ensure he continues to improve in a pretty steady arc.

I am quite excited to see what the Raptors finally wind up with in Norman.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      My bad. This just elevates his final ceiling remarkably. As mentioned in the links I posted, performance tends to increase to the age of 25 - 26.

Powell is with the team for 2 more seasons on the current contract. This team, with the veteran support, very good assistant coaches and an obvious propensity to put time and effort into player development, and Powell who seems to have a solid work ethic, are going to ensure he continues to improve in a pretty steady arc.

I am quite excited to see what the Raptors finally wind up with in Norman.
                      Me too. Every time a game goes by I feel like I have to increase his ceiling. At first I thought Avery Bradley but, his not as fast as Norm with ball. I feel that Norm has a better feel for scoring too.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Spurs traded George Hill, a good pg for a guy in the mid first round that couldnt really shoot, worked for them. Different yes, but i wouldnt say that depth is more important than getting a star player.
                        they traded george hill for Kawhi

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          they traded george hill for Kawhi
                          Kawhi was suppose to be a Bruce Bowen type player. But even that, he couldn't even shoot when he was drafted.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            Kawhi was suppose to be a Bruce Bowen type player. But even that, he couldn't even shoot when he was drafted.
                            Kawhi is like a mutation of Bruce Bowen, Clyde Drexler, and Scottie pippen

Comment

• Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gonna be interesting to see who Casey rolls with to start vs. Paul George.

Powell or Carroll?

I'm thinking all signs point to Carroll.

Comment

Working...
                                X