No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norman Powell and Delon Wright are really good at this whole basketball thing. They look like they have some really great chemistry.

I am really excited for whatever the future holds for these two.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      You feel bad for people who compare Norm's game to that of a great player? Not sure how a comparison would deter him from becoming the player he would eventually become anyway, but clearly you are reading something else into the comparison. I would not be disappointed if his game does not mimic that of D. Wade, but at this time I see some similarities.
      I think there's a tendency in fanbases to reach for comparisons for young players, and then get disappointed when they don't hit those heights.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I think there's a tendency in fanbases to reach for comparisons for young players, and then get disappointed when they don't hit those heights.
        Comparisons doesn't mean expectations.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          I would like to know why you think VC had a bad work ethic (or at least not as good as Norm's). Or is dunking over 7 footers is something you think a person is born with? Like blue eyes or blonde hair.
          All he said was Powell has a better work ethic, never said VC has a bad one.

Comment

I actually feel bad for those of you comparing him to Wade, Vince, Westbrook, etc.

Let him become the player he will become. When you compare him to guys who were top 10 league-wide guys, you set yourself up for potential disappointment.
            Agreed. Its funny that after the 51 point game, people started comparing Ross to T-Mac.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Agreed. Its funny that after the 51 point game, people started comparing Ross to T-Mac.
              I think the 51pt game was devastating for Ross from a fanbase and development standpoint. He wasn't mentally ready for those expectations, and it stunted his growth when he didn't immediately become that good.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Production is not the only way you can compare players you know. You can just compare play styles
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Charlie Villanueva had a 48 point game 10 years ago last month. I think he's very Dirk-like. Reminds me of a young 'Sheed. Raptors should probably go ahead and trade Bosh.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    All he said was Powell has a better work ethic, never said VC has a bad one.
                    Then consider this among the first signs of the "Saint Norm' phenomenon backlash.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Kid works hard deserve what ever he gets!
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        I would like to know why you think VC had a bad work ethic (or at least not as good as Norm's). Or is dunking over 7 footers is something you think a person is born with? Like blue eyes or blonde hair.
                        Carter was blessed with a ton of natural ability. There's no denying that. I mean, it doesn't matter how hard Bruno (for example) trains, he'll never jump like Carter.

The knock on Carter (while he was a Raptor), was that he didn't have "the hunger" for greatness. There were indicators of complacency, like stories of him skipping weight training sessions in the offseason.

Either way, my initial comment about Powell's work ethic wasn't meant to be a Carter smear, but a Powell compliment. Aren't there talks of him planning to train with DeRozan this summer, arguably the hardest worker on the team?

Comment

• Face it guys, Normal Powell is the best basketball player ever. Can't wait until he makes Steph Curry his bitch in the finals.

Comment

Agree with the first part, but do not with the bolded.

I can't speak for the fan base, but I don't think people were disappointed that Bargnani didn't turn into Dirk, they were disappointed that he sucked.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Agree with the first part, but do not with the bolded.

I can't speak for the fan base, but I don't think people were disappointed that Bargnani didn't turn into Dirk, they were disappointed that he sucked.
                              Ya, comparisons can be defined as "likely to happen" or "best case scenarios".

For example, Bruno's best case scenario is Durant, but it's highly unlikely to happen....and I don't think anyone will be disappointed if it doesn't.

Nobody is saying Powell will become a top 10 player like Carter was in his prime, but there are similarities in their explosiveness and athletic abilities.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Ya, comparisons can be defined as "likely to happen" or "best case scenarios".

For example, Bruno's best case scenario is Durant, but it's highly unlikely to happen....and I don't think anyone will be disappointed if it doesn't.

Nobody is saying Powell will become a top 10 player like Carter was in his prime, but there are similarities in their explosiveness and athletic abilities.
                                I'm saying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X