Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Norm likes to push the ball on the fast break though and he's good at that.
    Wish DeRozan would look for more opportunities in transition. Would certainly help his confidence with some easy buckets.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Norm likes to push the ball on the fast break though and he's good at that.

Powell and Ross in a future
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Powell/Ross/Wright seriously looked so good together late in the season.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          How about make the focus of the defense shift to JV, and then Ross and Powell thrive on the open shots they get because 90% of the teams in the league can't deal with JV down low?
          Well, we are going to see a defensive focus on JV in Game 3 for the first time in the series or, well, ever. Let's see how he handles a single game of that before reconstructing the team around him.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            Well, we are going to see a defensive focus on JV in Game 3 for the first time in the series or, well, ever. Let's see how he handles a single game of that before reconstructing the team around him.
            +1
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Let it rain. Kyle better hit those threes on Thursday night.

Comment

See the thing is, even if they stop JV on pick and rolls and double him in the post, he'll still get rebounds and putbacks, DD on the other hand, isn't making shots and is basically useless all around.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  See the thing is, even if they stop JV on pick and rolls and double him in the post, he'll still get rebounds and putbacks, DD on the other hand, isn't making shots and is basically useless all around.
                  Also, JV's defense was awesome last night.

In the first quarter, Indy scored 2 paint points off a transition dunk. He shut down EVERYTHING in the paint.

Comment

• If JV PNR sucks in the defense and forces Pacers to over help than it frees guys on perimeter. He doesn't have to score to impact the game. Set screens, grab boards and defend the rim.

Comment

Even if they take him out of the game I can live with him doing other things on the court unlike that imbecile that runs around the court like a chicken with its head cut off. We realllllly need to reconstruct the offence for next season regardless of what happens next game.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        If JV PNR sucks in the defense and forces Pacers to over help than it frees guys on perimeter. He doesn't have to score to impact the game. Set screens, grab boards and defend the rim.
                        The key being, the guys on the perimeter need to be guys who either hit the open shots, or guys who the defense respects too much for their defenders to help onto JV.

DeMar does neither.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          The key being, the guys on the perimeter need to be guys who either hit the open shots, or guys who the defense respects too much for their defenders to help onto JV.

DeMar does neither.
                          Demar could slash to the basket on a catch. But yeah my biggest pet peeve is that he never learned how to be a role player.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            He made most of them in March and April. Small sample size. No doubt he'll improve though.
                            for a backup I'd be happy with 40% on 3 to 4 attempts per game. He stays consistent on those and there would be ZERO reason to keep Ross
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              If JV PNR sucks in the defense and forces Pacers to over help than it frees guys on perimeter. He doesn't have to score to impact the game. Set screens, grab boards and defend the rim.
                              Agreed. JV has shown glimpses of playmaking throughout the season. He gets doubled, I have no doubt he'll make the right pass. There just needs to be off-ball movement.

Comment

• Man, Norman was a huge surprise for us, the guy was under real test and he could show a great deal of maturity. I think he is going to be a very good player, but my only knock on him is : moving without the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X