No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Are we going to talk about how Powell's bow legs were created for the defensive basketball stance? Is it a natural gifting on par with Kawhi Leonard's oversized hands?
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Are we going to talk about how Powell's bow legs were created for the defensive basketball stance? Is it a natural gifting on par with Kawhi Leonard's oversized hands?
        bow legs would provide an inordinate amount of strength to the hips (lateral quicks). downside is if Powell ever goes down to injury, I'm betting on hip flexors
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "Being bowlegged means that your knees are further apart than your ankles. When you run, you land on one foot and then your knees swing inward as you step off to the other foot. This pulls your body forward and inward to help you run faster. People who are bowlegged, flat footed, and pigeon toed are usually the fastest runners."

Dr. Gabe Mirkin
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            "Being bowlegged means that your knees are further apart than your ankles. When you run, you land on one foot and then your knees swing inward as you step off to the other foot. This pulls your body forward and inward to help you run faster. People who are bowlegged, flat footed, and pigeon toed are usually the fastest runners."

Dr. Gabe Mirkin
            lol wow

Comment

"Being bowlegged means that your knees are further apart than your ankles. When you run, you land on one foot and then your knees swing inward as you step off to the other foot. This pulls your body forward and inward to help you run faster. People who are bowlegged, flat footed, and pigeon toed are usually the fastest runners."

Dr. Gabe Mirkin
              What do you want to bet that this was Dr Mirkin's pick up line when meeting the female track team on campus?
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Starting to think we've been looking past the obvious this whole time. Powell isn't making ross expendable, he's making derozan expendable. Keep in mind ross is 11 million and derozan 25...
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Starting to think we've been looking past the obvious this whole time. Powell isn't making ross expendable, he's making derozan expendable. Keep in mind ross is 11 million and derozan 25...
                  I think it's way soon to consider anyone expendable (in fact, I don't think it's ever good to set expectations on a player too high)but ... I am really beginning to lean towards this one as I think a platoon of Ross/Powell is more valuable right now in both the short and long term if this is the version of DD we can expect ... at near max price. And the fact that JV is showing what people have been clamouring for; he's beastly when he starts getting touches.

I'd wait until the end of the playoffs before considering anyone expendable though.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    I think it's way soon to consider anyone expendable (in fact, I don't think it's ever good to set expectations on a player too high)but ... I am really beginning to lean towards this one as I think a platoon of Ross/Powell is more valuable right now in both the short and long term if this is the version of DD we can expect ... at near max price. And the fact that JV is showing what people have been clamouring for; he's beastly when he starts getting touches.

I'd wait until the end of the playoffs before considering anyone expendable though.
                    Except Casey. He's totally expendable already.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Future DPOY.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Dr. Gabe Mirkin

Comment

Starting to think we've been looking past the obvious this whole time. Powell isn't making ross expendable, he's making derozan expendable. Keep in mind ross is 11 million and derozan 25...
                          This.

Why pay DD when you have a guy who looks like a solid player in the making in Norman?
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Certainly how I'm feeling after the first two games. Without DeRozan, the Raps would be fine with 2/3 depth. They still need a high caliber pf and when Biyombo leaves they'll need a backup c. I'm not sure Bebe is (or ever will be) ready.

Still so much basketball to play, though. There's definitely some potential for however this turns out to affect DeRozan's and the org's mindsets this summer.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

Isn't the version of Derozan we can expect the one who played a great season of 82-odd games and who has basically improved every season in his time in Toronto? Wouldn't that be a better measuring stick than two games?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Certainly how I'm feeling after the first two games. Without DeRozan, the Raps would be fine with 2/3 depth. They still need a high caliber pf and when Biyombo leaves they'll need a backup c. I'm not sure Bebe is (or ever will be) ready.

Still so much basketball to play, though. There's definitely some potential for however this turns out to affect DeRozan's and the org's mindsets this summer.
                                We absolutely have to resign Demar. Not doing so would be a poor asset management decision. You just have to hope that we get good value back by the deadline or the following off season via trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X