Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    Twitter is the hub of reactionary behaviour. Honestly if we're talking about attracting free agents I really doubt any free agent would think "Masai is so savvy, I wanna play for his organization." All stars attract other all stars and even though I might think that Powell will be a special player, I still think that a free agent would be more enticed to play with Lowry and Derozan, over Lowry and some kid named Powell.
    Seth Partnow and Nate Duncan are big names, and really smart guys in the NBA sphere. These aren't nobodies.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      But that's it. Signing players to the max who aren't worth it is how you don't win championships. Do you realize how few players have ever won championships while being one of the top paid players in the league? It's a very, very small list, and basically top 50 all-time NBA players only.

So if DD's getting the max, better it's somewhere else than herre.
      That's the rate for All-stars wings right now. If Raps want do win a Championship they will need DD + one more All-star.

People are living too much in the moment. I don't know why I'm surprised same thing happen after game 1. Everyone needs to relax and realize 2 games isn't going to make Masai change how his building this team.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Twitter is the hub of reactionary behaviour. Honestly if we're talking about attracting free agents I really doubt any free agent would think "Masai is so savvy, I wanna play for his organization." All stars attract other all stars and even though I might think that Powell will be a special player, I still think that a free agent would be more enticed to play with Lowry and Derozan, over Lowry and some kid named Powell.
        This. The NBA is about names.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Seth Partnow and Nate Duncan are big names, and really smart guys in the NBA sphere. These aren't nobodies.
          Who do they work for?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            That's the rate for All-stars wings right now. If Raps want do win a Championship they will need DD + one more All-star.

People are living too much in the moment. I don't know why I'm surprised same thing happen after game 1. Everyone needs to relax and realize 2 games isn't going to make Masai change how his building this team.
            Demar+Lowry+one more Allstar I assume you mean.

How do you think we get that star?

Because to me it's apparent JV won't break out unless we make him a focal point which only happens when DD's playing like trash

Comment

I'm aware. However I still trust Ujiri to do the GM job better than either of them two.

Comment

I hate the premium people put on the word 'All-Star'. It's such a meaningless word. There's been so many All-Stars who never accomplished anything in their careers.

Chris Kaman was an All-Star!! Does Kaman plus DeMar make us a championship team?

Comment

Yet the story being pushed still isn't "the raptors had a bad organization", the story is still "cold weather, different country, bad franchise history."
                  Antonio Davis
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    And you don't hope to attract other free agents by signing a player who doesn't deserve it with the max.
                    Derozan will receive what the market dictates and even at max will be a movable contract (particularly a little down the road) if that's what it comes down to to make this team better.

Comment

I'm aware. However I still trust Ujiri to do the GM job better than either of them two.
                      I do as well. But keep in mind we have no idea what Masai is doing this summer. He said he's going to pay DeMar, but he can't say he's not going to because that looks way worse.

He has to say he's going to pay DeMar, regardless of whether he's planning on doing it or not. Also, Masai runs the tightest ship in the NBA. His true plans are basically never known prior to him executing them.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Demar+Lowry+one more Allstar I assume you mean.

How do you think we get that star?

Because to me it's apparent JV won't break out unless we make him a focal point which only happens when DD's playing like trash
                        Yeah, Lowry is still under contract that's why I didn't mention him. I've always said that the only way the raps get better this summer is through change.

I'm cool with DD walking if KD is coming in but, not for Powell/Ross. Even know I really like Powell his still a rookie. Ross is just too inconsistent.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I really don't care if the leaders of our team are All-Stars. That doesn't matter one bit.

The last two Finals MVPs weren't All-Stars in the year they won the championship.

Comment

Yeah, Lowry is still under contract that's why I didn't mention him. I've always said that the only way the raps get better this summer is through change.

I'm cool with DD walking if KD is coming in but, not for Powell/Ross. Even know I really like Powell his still a rookie. Ross is just too inconsistent.
                            How would you feel if we let DD leave and we sign Batum

Lowry - Batum - JV would a big three that suit each other's playing styles better than Lowry - DD - JV

Comment

I do as well. But keep in mind we have no idea what Masai is doing this summer. He said he's going to pay DeMar, but he can't say he's not going to because that looks way worse.

He has to say he's going to pay DeMar, regardless of whether he's planning on doing it or not. Also, Masai runs the tightest ship in the NBA. His true plans are basically never known prior to him executing them.
                              And if he decides to not sign him, I'll trust that he has a plan moving forward because he's never given me a reason to doubt how he does his job. I still think though that Masai does re-sign him. Also Masai has a great way of deflecting questions when he doesn't want people to know what he will do. The way he's approached the Derozan question has not been deflective whatsoever as far as i remember.
                              He runs a tight ship but some things he flat out says and the way he's handled questions about demar's free agency remind me of the way he handled them about Kyle two years ago.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                How would you feel if we let DD leave and we sign Batum

Lowry - Batum - JV would a big three that suit each other's playing styles better than Lowry - DD - JV
                                I kinda remember Dan saying we'd only have about $15 mill cap space if DD walks. Is no other team with space going to offer more?
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X