Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Work Ethic gives you more sky to work with
    Competitiveness and determination gives you even more sky to work with.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Competitiveness and determination gives you even more sky to work with.
      Yeah but tenacity and desire give you..or wait we're all just saying the same shit
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Yeah but tenacity and desire give you..or wait we're all just saying the same shit
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Let's just all sit down and think for a moment about how good Powell is right now, and how good he could become.

He is quick, can drive on the basket if his man plays him too tight, can hit the open three if he isn't covered well, can leak score in transition, rebounds well, can help on defense and recover quickly, can play suffocating man D, passes well (needs some work), comes into games and doesn't seem to need time to get into rhythm, and never complains about minutes. Oh yeah, there's that 2 more years for about one million per thing as well. Can we at least all agree on these items and stop bickering.

Comment

• Dont resign DD and trade Ross

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Dont resign DD and trade Ross
              Because we should take our biggest position of strength and depth and turn it into a weakness?
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Let's just all sit down and think for a moment about how good Powell is right now, and how good he could become.

He is quick, can drive on the basket if his man plays him too tight, can hit the open three if he isn't covered well, can leak score in transition, rebounds well, can help on defense and recover quickly, can play suffocating man D, passes well (needs some work), comes into games and doesn't seem to need time to get into rhythm, and never complains about minutes. Oh yeah, there's that 2 more years for about one million per thing as well. Can we at least all agree on these items and stop bickering.
                The kid is a stud. He can be as good as he wants to be. Always felt like it would do DD some good to have competition for his position. With Powell he finally gets that.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Norman Powell

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...tball/25562446

Powell said he idolized derozan growing up. Pretty nice article is reccomend for everyone to read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Powell said he idolized derozan growing up. Pretty nice article is reccomend for everyone to read

Kinda funny. He idolized him and their style of play are almost the complete opposite.

Comment

Damn. Great article. Now I like him even more.

"...DeRozan took Powell home after a team visit to SickKids hospital. DeRozan told Powell he used to read criticism of his game and vow to prove every doubter wrong. 'It sounded just like me,' Powell said. In college, he was motivated by people saying he couldn’t lead UCLA to the Sweet Sixteen. After the draft, he looked for stories speculating that he wouldn’t make Toronto’s roster and could spend the year overseas or in the D-League.

'Right now, I’m not reading the articles because it’s all this positive stuff,' Powell said. 'My mom tries to send me to them. My friends, my coaches back home are like read this, that and the other, and I don’t read ‘em. No.'”

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Kinda funny. He idolized him and their style of play are almost the complete opposite.
                        But their refusal to accept the limitations that people put on them is the same. It sounds like their work ethic is the same.

I loved this quote, “He makes my job easy,” Mahlalela said. “He wants to work. He listens. His coachability is unbelievable. You can show him one thing and the next day, he’s doing it. In a game. It’s incredible, his ability to do that.”

Comment

• UCLA has a reputation of not doing a good job developing their athletes while they are there. The list of athletes that come out of UCLA and exceed expectations are long.

If I were a scout ill specifically look at UCLA to find the "diamond in the rough" sort of speak.

Comment

Great read. Thanks for sharing. More players we add with that type of work ethic the better.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thank you Norman Powell, thank you.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for a side-profile picture of that jam. The boy was horizontal.

Comment

Working...
                                X