No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the pressing question is... How good can Norman Powell become? It's all about offensive growth for him, if he can develop that offensive game in the off season he has the potential to be scary good. We're seeing it more nowadays where players come in with not so great offensive skills but develop into amazing two way players (I.E Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green)

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      So the pressing question is... How good can Norman Powell become? It's all about offensive growth for him, if he can develop that offensive game in the off season he has the potential to be scary good. We're seeing it more nowadays where players come in with not so great offensive skills but develop into amazing two way players (I.E Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green)
      If the organization fully commits to developing Powell, sky's the limit. He's got the athletic ability, the poise, and the drive to improve.

I hope he's treated with the importance of a lotto pick going forward, instead of a 2nd round pick.

Comment

So the pressing question is... How good can Norman Powell become? It's all about offensive growth for him, if he can develop that offensive game in the off season he has the potential to be scary good. We're seeing it more nowadays where players come in with not so great offensive skills but develop into amazing two way players (I.E Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green)
        The thing with Norm is that he just needs time. He has shown that he can be scary when going North->South down the court, and has shown that he can hit the three and the midrange. He just needs to get those reps up so that his decision making is better. Every few possessions you see him commit to a move on offense which isn't the best decision. It's no knock on him, he just hasnt failed at that move enough times to know how to read the defense and counter. I am really encouraged by his aggressiveness on the offensive end. He may not have the same silky-smooth jumper as T-Ross, but he has the mentality that Terrence doesn't (excluding two games this series, and the 51 point bonanza). I would think in 2 seasons Norm could be averaging a decently efficient 20-22 ppg line.

Comment

So the pressing question is... How good can Norman Powell become?
          Honestly, in terms of his impact on the court and not how he plays the game, a realistic projection for Powell is Courtney Lee.

Not an all-star because he won't be flashy, but will be a major contributor to winning basketball games

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Honestly, in terms of his impact on the court and not how he plays the game, a realistic projection for Powell is Courtney Lee.

Not an all-star because he won't be flashy, but will be a major contributor to winning basketball games
            You underestimate his powell.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              You underestimate Lee...

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                You underestimate his abi-Lee-ties...
                Fixed.

Comment

• Last night was an off night for the rook and Casey shortened his leash. That's my one issue with Norm: Foul trouble.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

You underestimate Lee...
                    Yeah, people get soo dissapointed as soon as you compare him to a really really solid role player that contributes to very good teams for a long career.

They'd rather call him westbrook and Wade. Rookies are funner that way.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I was literally just thinking that.

Lee at his best is a starter/key bench player who plays d and can score on a championship level team

Imo, that's exactly who Powell can become in terms of sheer impact
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                        Last night was an off night for the rook and Casey shortened his leash. That's my one issue with Norm: Foul trouble.
                        wade is going to get more calls than george did. tough match up for a rookie.

Comment

• Katherynne73 wrote: View Post
                          Last night was an off night for the rook and Casey shortened his leash. That's my one issue with Norm: Foul trouble.
                          I'd say last night was an extremely savvy Dwyane Wade taking advantage of a rookie defender the way a vet of Wade's calibre should. Powell surprised Paul George (probably helped by the difference between his defensive intensity and the way DeMar guarded George in game 1) but Wade has too many miles for that. He's also got round 1 game tape and would have been ready for Powell. He smelled blood in the water.

It's a good learning opportunity for Powell, I hope he gets some more minutes against Wade.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• It's still good to have Powell start, if for nothing else than to burn some fouls that would otherwise go to ross carroll or dd. And if he doesn't foul and has an impact, even better.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, people get soo dissapointed as soon as you compare him to a really really solid role player that contributes to very good teams for a long career.

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              I was literally just thinking that.

Lee at his best is a starter/key bench player who plays d and can score on a championship level team

Imo, that's exactly who Powell can become in terms of sheer impact
                              Another player who has a great impact but isn't flashy that Powell could turn out to be is Avery Bradley

I'd be so happy if we had an Avery Bradley at the 2...you know, someone who can play defense

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Still waiting on Terrence Ross to realize he's actually Ray Allen.

Comment

Working...
                                X