No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For now stormin Norman will have to sit, but he has a bright future. I could see him as a bit contributor in the ECF guarding guys like JR and Iman Shumpert, Delevadova.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      For now stormin Norman will have to sit, but he has a bright future. I could see him as a bit contributor in the ECF guarding guys like JR and Iman Shumpert, Delevadova.
      His on ball might be good on kyrie as well.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        His on ball might be good on kyrie as well.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
        Didn't even think of that. He could be the x-factor guarding Kyrie.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I don't think it's as much a wall as every time he plays he's giving up 25lbs and 3' to Joe Johnson or Wade is on him playing great defense. They key on the rookie when he's out there and those two are better than most guys he's been matched up with this season. In fact the whole Heat wing and guard crew for the most part are really long, fast and athletic.
          Well that is exactly what a wall is, a barrier like Joe Johnson that prevents Powell from growing and elevating his game. Rookie's tend to hit a wall due to either fatigue or simply competition becoming more difficult which is what Norman is currently experiencing. This is perfectly normal considering he only really got minutes towards the end of the season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Well Powell has seem to hit some kind of a rookie wall in the playoffs 2nd round, but still at this point I would rather for him to take 15 shots then DD.
            Hasn't really been getting the minutes to get into a rhythm.

I'm not saying he deserves more minutes.....it's just, it is what is it.

Quick fouls haven't helped his cause either.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Well that is exactly what a wall is, a barrier like Joe Johnson that prevents Powell from growing and elevating his game.
              Usually when I've heard people refer to the wall it's more around the player being run down because they're not used to that much ball. I get where you're going here now though.
              rightsideup wrote: View Post
              Correct me if wrong is not wade 6'4 220
              I never said Wade had a size advantage. I said Wade guarded him really well, it's messing with him. He can't handle it. Then on the other side of the ball he's getting schooled.

Yeah, he's gotten a few rookie calls but most of those were fouls, just not fouls guys like Wade get nailed for in the post season. Still, Wade and JJ are having their way with the kid on offense. Lets be real, he's struggled right out of the gate even when getting minutes. He's a rookie, its all good. Happens to all of them.
              Last edited by Apollo; Thu May 12, 2016, 09:16 AM. Reason: .

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                Correct me if wrong is not wade 6'4 220
                sorry i missed this

Correct me if wrong but is Wade not 6'4 220?

should be good now. my bad

Comment

Usually when I've heard people refer to the wall it's more around the player being run down because they're not used to that much ball. I get where you're going here now though.
                  I would actually describe Powell's issues as an early sophomore slump.

Rookie wall is usually fatigue - guys come from college where they play a couple dozen games total and just don't have the stamina to survive an 82 game grind. Powell might be seeing a bit of this.

Sophomore slump is scouting - coaches have a full scouting report from the prior season and players who flew under the radar suddenly don't anymore. And the player struggles until they learn to refine/adapt their game enough to be effective when their tendencies are scouted.

Powell's sophomore slump is early because he is the rare rookie who is playing a big role on a deep run playoff team. Two rounds now of intense scouting is giving opponents all they need to know to take advantage of Powell's relative inexperience. It's good news for next season, as he'll be used to it and hopefully uses tape from these playoffs to study how to improve for next year. But in the meantime, it's a very tough learning curve in real time.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I never said Wade had a size advantage. I said Wade guarded him really well, it's messing with him. He can't handle it. Then on the other side of the ball he's getting schooled.

Yeah, he's gotten a few rookie calls but most of those were fouls, just not fouls guys like Wade get nailed for in the post season. Still, Wade and JJ are having their way with the kid on offense. Lets be real, he's struggled right out of the gate even when getting minutes. He's a rookie, its all good. Happens to all of them.
                    I apologize I believe Jack Armstrong had a made that comment on Wades size advantage and as I read you comments about Joe Johnson I thought you theme was his lack of size against both as I had my attention diverted before I closely read your reasoning about Wades reputation and craftiness..
                    Last edited by rightsideup; Thu May 12, 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Yea i think its just a bad matchup for him. In a year or two Powell would be tailor made for stopping Wade, but right now Wade is just too experienced and has too many tricks for Powell to handle. JJ is simply too big, and too good in the post

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I would actually describe Powell's issues as an early sophomore slump.

Rookie wall is usually fatigue - guys come from college where they play a couple dozen games total and just don't have the stamina to survive an 82 game grind. Powell might be seeing a bit of this.

Sophomore slump is scouting - coaches have a full scouting report from the prior season and players who flew under the radar suddenly don't anymore. And the player struggles until they learn to refine/adapt their game enough to be effective when their tendencies are scouted.

Powell's sophomore slump is early because he is the rare rookie who is playing a big role on a deep run playoff team. Two rounds now of intense scouting is giving opponents all they need to know to take advantage of Powell's relative inexperience. It's good news for next season, as he'll be used to it and hopefully uses tape from these playoffs to study how to improve for next year. But in the meantime, it's a very tough learning curve in real time.
                        I don't even think it's a slump. Kids been outclassed plain and simple. It's OK though, he's a rookie, this is round two of the playoffs and the scouting report is out on him now. He has all summer to add to his game and learn from these struggles.

Comment

I don't even think it's a slump. Kids been outclassed plain and simple. It's OK though, he's a rookie, this is round two of the playoffs and the scouting report is out on him now. He has all summer to add to his game and learn from these struggles.
                          He's pretty lucky. He got valuable experience in his rookie year.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

A second round rookie I might add. Overall he has been terrific this season.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Damn, Powell was so, so good against Indy.

Almost all his moves with the ball are going from right to left. Gonna have to learn to go both ways.

I need to see some more Delon Wright. He really looked good in limited minutes and I love his height.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X