No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notes that Wade was his favourite player.

Honestly one of the best things about being a young pro, aside from making millions of dollars off of ball sports, has to be this - matching up against your childhood hero in the playoffs, guarding him one-on-one on the big stage. Talk about a dream come true.

In the meantime my son and I will keep pretending we're NBA players when we play one-on-one...
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Great read. It was worth going back and reading Part One (link in the story)

Comment

• Sounds like Masai has some big plans ahead for Powell. I wonder if management secretly feel they've found a future franchise cornerstone here. I doubt they ever had Ross focus on becoming a leader, lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Sounds like Masai has some big plans ahead for Powell. I wonder if management secretly feel they've found a future franchise cornerstone here. I doubt they ever had Ross focus on becoming a leader, lol.
          Can't be a leader when no one takes you seriously.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Sounds like Masai has some big plans ahead for Powell. I wonder if management secretly feel they've found a future franchise cornerstone here. I doubt they ever had Ross focus on becoming a leader, lol.
            Look at Powell's work ethic and competitiveness, he has all of the makings of a great leader/player.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Look at Powell's work ethic and competitiveness, he has all of the makings of a great leader/player.
              How long until we can call CoJo/Powell the "best backcourt of the future in the NBA"?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                How long until we can call CoJo/Powell the "best backcourt of the future in the NBA"?
                We can't call them this because Lillard/McCollum hold that tile.

Joseph is nowhere close to Lillard.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• The making plays for others part kinda makes me feel like they're getting him ready to play PG in the future.

Probably not where they're going with that, but maybe they are?

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    The making plays for others part kinda makes me feel like they're getting him ready to play PG in the future.

I would say combo guard. Even Lowry is more of a scoring guard than true PG. Dont really need a pure PG in our system.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      We can't call them this because Lillard/McCollum hold that tile.

Joseph is nowhere close to Lillard.
                      I don't think there's anything "future" about Lillard. He's fully arrived.

Comment

I don't think there's anything "future" about Lillard. He's fully arrived.
                        So has joseph.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          So has joseph.
                          But not Powell, not even close yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            The making plays for others part kinda makes me feel like they're getting him ready to play PG in the future.

Saw him down in Mississauga late Jan vs Erie. He spent about half his minutes running the point. The beauty of DLeague.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'd guess the raps want as many ball handlers that can attack, drive, shoot and pass as possible. We got Lowry, Demar and Cojo presently, and I'm guessing they would love Powell to be able to handle more responsibility with the ball in his hands going forward. Would probably go along ways in reducing Lowry's minutes and make the bench unit more functional in the absence of Lowry or Demar. I'm excited about Powell, he's hungry, passionate and motivated to be a great player. And seeing how contracts are being handed out these days, I'd say he is salivating at the possibility of being seriously paid in a few years. Go Powell!!

Comment

I really like cojo, but I've always seen him more as a great backup who can also end games as a defender on the other teams best guard. He is a great defender, but aside from that isn't great at anything really compared to starting point guards. Not trying to knock him at all because I think he is one of the best backups in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X