Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Will Powell play or he will be traded. I'm guessing it's the latter
    Probably neither? Whoever plays is more likely to be showcased for a trade. Ross playing is the plan. Just as Ross being traded may well be the plan at the same time. Powell will get his chance.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Good to see Powell with the ball in his hands on a field of play again
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Morning all, first time poster.

I don't see the rush in playing Powell big minutes yet, Ross looks to have made an improvement in his attitude, his D (small sample size obviously) looks more alert and he seems to be more engaged.

The only way I can see Powell getting more minutes is if Carroll gets injured or if Ross' defence drops off a cliff, neither of which I hope happens.

I love Powell, have been so impressed by his attitude and approach since he was drafted, but he has to remain patient, I'm sure he will get his chance...

Comment

• The way I think of it with Powell right now is that he's the greatest injury protection in the NBA. Ross, Carroll or DeMar gets hurt, and we might be able to keep going without skipping much of a beat.(yes, even DeMar, with a greater defensive focus)
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• baron wrote: View Post
              Morning all, first time poster.

I don't see the rush in playing Powell big minutes yet, Ross looks to have made an improvement in his attitude, his D (small sample size obviously) looks more alert and he seems to be more engaged.

The only way I can see Powell getting more minutes is if Carroll gets injured or if Ross' defence drops off a cliff, neither of which I hope happens.

I love Powell, have been so impressed by his attitude and approach since he was drafted, but he has to remain patient, I'm sure he will get his chance...
              Based on his attitude, I think he gets the whole "next man up" approach. It worked in his favor last year when Carroll got hurt, but so far this year he hasn't been called upon much. Despite many fans' dislike of Ross, he is an important cog in the machine. If Powell was able to demonstrate that he could shoot as well from deep, then he likely leaps him in the rotation, but until then, if he has to work hard and be patient then I think he will.

PS - welcome aboard
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We are completely wasting this guy, Norman Powell imo is our 3rd best player but he never plays. I get the reasoning though(because of Carroll our "big" free agent signing) but it's not right.

We are SO MUCH better offensively and defensively when Powell starts it's not even funny. Just watch the games that he started.

Powell is like a Tony Allen that can shoot/score. He's that good.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  We are completely wasting this guy, Norman Powell imo is our 3rd best player but he never plays. I get the reasoning though(because of Carroll our "big" free agent signing) but it's not right.

We are SO MUCH better offensively and defensively when Powell starts it's not even funny. Just watch the games that he started.

Not that good yet, but he'll get there. A Tony Allen level defender with a solid 3 point shot is basically the perfect 3&D guy.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Not that good yet, but he'll get there. A Tony Allen level defender with a solid 3 point shot is basically the perfect 3&D guy.
                    He's better than Tony Allen all around

#FreeNorman
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

We are completely wasting this guy, Norman Powell imo is our 3rd best player but he never plays. I get the reasoning though(because of Carroll our "big" free agent signing) but it's not right.

We are completely wasting this guy.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Again, I missed the game, but 21 points in 27 mins tonight for NP. I'm telling you this guy is SPECIAL. I wouldn't even include him in a(potential) package deal for Cousins.

This guy SHOULD be our starting SF next year.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Again, I missed the game, but 21 points in 27 mins tonight for NP. I'm telling you this guy is SPECIAL. I wouldn't even include him in a(potential) package deal for Cousins.

Man if he was like 2 inches taller he would be the perfect SF
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Again, I missed the game, but 21 points in 27 mins tonight for NP. I'm telling you this guy is SPECIAL. I wouldn't even include him in a(potential) package deal for Cousins.

While his effort and toughness are there, his lack of size at the 3 just does not work as a starter for 82 games. I think he would wear down and teams would also learn how to exploit him with match-ups.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              While his effort and toughness are there, his lack of size at the 3 just does not work as a starter for 82 games. I think he would wear down and teams would also learn how to exploit him with match-ups.
                              I agree. I LOVE Norman as we all do but he can't play SF for 82 games and the playoffs. He will be exploited. I know Lebron and Carmelo are the only real big and strong SFs out there right now but even height wise most nights Norman will be giving up like 3 or more inches. That makes a difference. Especially with how many good SFs there are now. They would either shoot over him with ease or back him into the post and use their height to take advantage. But maybe I'm wrong. As much as Ross has been playing well I honestly think at some point we have to make a decision between him and Ross
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Tony Allen regularly guarded SFs for what it's worth. They used to run Lee and him on the wings and he'd guard the 3s when that was the better player.

Comment

Working...
                                X