Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Tony Allen regularly guarded SFs for what it's worth. They used to run Lee and him on the wings and he'd guard the 3s when that was the better player.
    That is a good point. And a lot of y'all see Allen in him so maybe it could work. Allen is definitely the exception. I hope it does work though because I much rather have Norman and Ross than Norman and Demarre or Ross and Demarre
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really like Norm and Ross off of the bench. It sucks that Carroll hasn't really been the player we expected him to be.
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I really like Norm and Ross off of the bench. It sucks that Carroll hasn't really been the player we expected him to be.
        Carroll is much better than last year but still not Atlanta level. At least not defensively or on a consistent enough basis
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Norman's time will come. I personally love Norman would love to see some more PT for him, but I can't really argue with Casey's philosophy. Whose minutes are gonna be cut to fit in Norman on a regular basis? Right now, he's used as "the next man up" and "another tool in the tool belt" for situational basketball, and luckily he has the right maturity and disposition to embrace that role and deliver when called upon.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Carroll is much better than last year but still not Atlanta level. At least not defensively or on a consistent enough basis
            I know there is a lot of scepticism about DRPM, and rightfully so. To paraphrase an old quote, It's the worst all-in-one defensive stat, except for all the others. In other words, it's probably the best we have access to, since we can't see proprietary information.

Carroll DRPM

13-14 +1.76
            14-15 -0.38
            15-16 +0.90
            16-17 +0.20

Admittedly, there will be a lot more noise in the Raptor numbers, the 2 years total sample is under 1400 minutes, whereas the Hawks were based on seasons of 2341 and 2149 minutes respectively. 1 year of excellent D and 1 yr of average D with the Hawks per DRPM. So maybe the year of great D stuck in peoples minds and the slippage wasn't noticed until he got here. The Kobe discussion earlier was similar, with him playing great D early in his career and then winning ALL NBA Defensive awards when he was average or worse. Some people still think of him as some all time great defender.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Leo was saying ATL Carroll is back last night.
              Anyone ever hear VC do play by play in Orlando SL? Yes, I watch that crap, OK. He's not a wiz but he's a nice guy to listen to. That would be a great way to keep him in the league and have him be a part of the raps.
              Drake night with VC and no Trump = were getting Durant 😋

Comment

• I'm only worried Norm should quite easily work himself into a Biz like contract once he gets consistent minutes. I don't care what anyone says, he's our 3rd best player. He is good enough to become heir to DeRozan and very well timed because as DD is ending his prime, Norm will just be starting his. We MUST keep Powell, I would not trade him in any package short of Paul George, not even for Cousins.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Leo was saying ATL Carroll is back last night.
                  Anyone ever hear VC do play by play in Orlando SL? Yes, I watch that crap, OK. He's not a wiz but he's a nice guy to listen to. That would be a great way to keep him in the league and have him be a part of the raps.
                  Drake night with VC and no Trump = were getting Durant 😋
                  I really don't understand the fascination with bringing back VC, I hold no grudge against him but he did the franchise dirty and the time was incredible while it lasted but it's just a bittersweet memory and end of story. We can retire his jersey and just let it be. Personally don't think he deserves much more than that. Show respect for what he did but no reason to include him in the franchise's future with how poorly he ended it.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    I'm only worried Norm should quite easily work himself into a Biz like contract once he gets consistent minutes. I don't care what anyone says, he's our 3rd best player. He is good enough to become heir to DeRozan and very well timed because as DD is ending his prime, Norm will just be starting his. We MUST keep Powell, I would not trade him in any package short of Paul George, not even for Cousins.
                    An important distinction here is that we didn't have Bismack's bird rights. So we'd have to gut guys like ross etc to even sign him. We can go over the cap to resign norman, not to mention carroll will be done his tour of duty by then
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The truth is, Norman's better off at SG.

The issue is this: Would Masai be willing to deal Ross, whose value is high right now for a better SF/PF fit? And if so, who?

Also, how come Patt never plays the 3? He's certainly good enough to do so at times (KL-NP-PP-LN-JV would be a uniquely good lineup for us I bet.)
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        The truth is, Norman's better off at SG.

The issue is this: Would Masai be willing to deal Ross, whose value is high right now for a better SF/PF fit? And if so, who?

Also, how come Patt never plays the 3? He's certainly good enough to do so at times (KL-NP-PP-LN-JV would be a uniquely good lineup for us I bet.)
                        Lots of players have success playing up (3's playing 4, 4's at 5)

Usually a disaster when they play down.

That's just my opinion though.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

He does defend the 3 sometimes depending on match-ups, not sure how often. Also if not the primary defender, he can switch + stay on either the 3 or the 5 and be just fine. They definitely switch more with him on the floor, more often this year than in past years I think.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Assuming there's a deal out there that makes sense, wouldn't the better option be to trade Carroll instead of Ross?

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              I really don't understand the fascination with bringing back VC, I hold no grudge against him but he did the franchise dirty and the time was incredible while it lasted but it's just a bittersweet memory and end of story. We can retire his jersey and just let it be. Personally don't think he deserves much more than that. Show respect for what he did but no reason to include him in the franchise's future with how poorly he ended it.
                              I'm not fascinated by it, I'm just sick of Leo. Some of it was a joke and some was thinking that VC has a lot of respect in the league. Leo is more Can con but he's annoying and not insightful.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                I'm not fascinated by it, I'm just sick of Leo. Some of it was a joke and some was thinking that VC has a lot of respect in the league. Leo is more Can con but he's annoying and not insightful.
                                100% agree. Leo spends all his time telling you what just happened on the last play in a very obvious + condescending "I told you so" kind of way. It's really irritating. I just saw the fucking play with my own eyes Leo, you're the colour guy - please contribute something interesting to the conversation. If I were Sammy D, I would have gotten off that bus, too. He was probably just annoyed af listening to Leo talk.

I don't mind Jack + Matt, Jack is just having fun and it's fine.

Also at least the Toronto guys are not the massive homers that about a third of broadcast teams seem to be. It could be worse.

I have no interest in anything in the future for VC. That day is done.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X