No announcement yet.

Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll be fine. Bit of a sophomore wall is all.

Comment

• What ia happening to NP ? He was untouchable just few weeks ago and now this !!!
      We need to design plays and maximize his strength. I hope it is not due tot he fact that he is constantly ignored on the ofence.

He is a much better defender than the other guards who start for this team.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        What ia happening to NP ? He was untouchable just few weeks ago and now this !!!
        We need to design plays and maximize his strength. I hope it is not due tot he fact that he is constantly ignored on the ofence.

The problem is, nobody can expect to be consistent when they go from DNP, to 30 minutes, to DNP, to 7 minutes, to 5 minutes in the 4th quarter, to 32 minutes, to 3 mins in the 2nd and 4th quarter...

Really unfair at this point how this guy is getting jerked left and right. Especially with all these injuries and rest days, and the tendency to go small. There's NO REASON that Powell can't get a consistent 20 min a night in the generally same time frame. Especially with McDribbles getting way too many minutes
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          What ia happening to NP ? He was untouchable just few weeks ago and now this !!!

Honestly I'm not surprised, he has been impressive considering his minutes fluctuate like crazy, but it finally caught up to him.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            The problem is, nobody can expect to be consistent when they go from DNP, to 30 minutes, to DNP, to 7 minutes, to 5 minutes in the 4th quarter, to 32 minutes, to 3 mins in the 2nd and 4th quarter...

Really unfair at this point how this guy is getting jerked left and right. Especially with all these injuries and rest days, and the tendency to go small. There's NO REASON that Powell can't get a consistent 20 min a night in the generally same time frame. Especially with McDribbles getting way too many minutes
            I think you're bang on. In addition to his minutes being inconsistent, his position on the floor is inconsistent. He plays the 3 a lot, plays in 4 guard offenses, will possibly start at the 2 for Derozan tomorrow. It's got to be really tough to get in a flow for him.

Comment

• Problem for Powell is that his ball-handling skills aren't advanced enough for what the Raps system demands for guards, i.e., create advantages off the dribble with no turnovers. So, if Norm's shot isn't falling, there aren't that many ways he can contribute, other than defense. He's great in transition, but the team doesn't rebound well enough, or create enough steals for him to get those opportunities. And the Raps don't run much cutters because they're trying to keep driving lanes open for guards, which could be another way. So basically, Powell needs to keep working on his dribbling and 3-pt shooting if he wants to get more opportunity with the Raps.

Comment

Especially with McDribbles getting way too many minutes

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Problem for Powell is that his ball-handling skills aren't advanced enough for what the Raps system demands for guards, i.e., create advantages off the dribble with no turnovers. So, if Norm's shot isn't falling, there aren't that many ways he can contribute, other than defense. He's great in transition, but the team doesn't rebound well enough, or create enough steals for him to get those opportunities. And the Raps don't run much cutters because they're trying to keep driving lanes open for guards, which could be another way. So basically, Powell needs to keep working on his dribbling and 3-pt shooting if he wants to get more opportunity with the Raps.
                  What? Powell can handle the ball just fine, certainly better than Ross and probably better than Derozan, and he's 39% on 3's for his short career. I think we'd find Powell could work great as a 6th man, defensive weapon, if he got consistent run like Ross or Cojo get

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Problem for Powell is that his ball-handling skills aren't advanced enough for what the Raps system demands for guards, i.e., create advantages off the dribble with no turnovers. So, if Norm's shot isn't falling, there aren't that many ways he can contribute, other than defense. He's great in transition, but the team doesn't rebound well enough, or create enough steals for him to get those opportunities. And the Raps don't run much cutters because they're trying to keep driving lanes open for guards, which could be another way. So basically, Powell needs to keep working on his dribbling and 3-pt shooting if he wants to get more opportunity with the Raps.
                    Disagree. Powell is the perfect 3 and D guy, pretty much what he hoped Carroll would be. He handles the ball fine, its just his minutes have been all over the place.

Comment

• Can we get back to free norman? The best player not named kyle lowry by far these last 2 games. It's a travesty that he hasn't "earned it" yet, give the guy a real part in the rotation and he goes off.

I'm pretty confident in saying he's the 3rd best player on the team

Comment

Can we get back to free norman? The best player not named kyle lowry by far these last 2 games. It's a travesty that he hasn't "earned it" yet, give the guy a real part in the rotation and he goes off.

he sucked for like 3 straight weeks before this. hold your horses lol.

Comment

Can we get back to free norman? The best player not named kyle lowry by far these last 2 games. It's a travesty that he hasn't "earned it" yet, give the guy a real part in the rotation and he goes off.

Well, i've been sayin it for months that he's the 3rd best player on this team.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            And in that 3 weeks, he was averaging what, 5 mins a game?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              Well he's a sophomore getting jerk ed around extremely hard game to game, he has no idea when his next shift is and for how long. Bound to be inconsistent. When he gets in a groove and knows his game plan he balls. By far our best small defender, offensively he's a good supporter of the big 2 as well as jv and ross, all 3 can score 20 easy on any given night with the opportunity. He's a disruptor, pass interceptor, speed to burn.

All I know forsure is he should be playing over carroll. That is blatantly obvious at this point. A lot of people here gave carroll a long leash cause of the injuries etc, but we all know he's "100%". Powell is better.

Comment

Well he's a sophomore getting jerk ed around extremely hard game to game, he has no idea when his next shift is and for how long. Bound to be inconsistent. When he gets in a groove and knows his game plan he balls. By far our best small defender, offensively he's a good supporter of the big 2 as well as jv and ross, all 3 can score 20 easy on any given night with the opportunity. He's a disruptor, pass interceptor, speed to burn.

All I know forsure is he should be playing over carroll. That is blatantly obvious at this point. A lot of people here gave carroll a long leash cause of the injuries etc, but we all know he's "100%". Powell is better.
                                yeah im not disagreeing with you. but lets not put expectations on him that he's not necessarily ready for, given that he has been jerked around so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X