Everything Norman Powell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Well he's a sophomore getting jerk ed around extremely hard game to game, he has no idea when his next shift is and for how long. Bound to be inconsistent. When he gets in a groove and knows his game plan he balls. By far our best small defender, offensively he's a good supporter of the big 2 as well as jv and ross, all 3 can score 20 easy on any given night with the opportunity. He's a disruptor, pass interceptor, speed to burn.

All I know forsure is he should be playing over carroll. That is blatantly obvious at this point. A lot of people here gave carroll a long leash cause of the injuries etc, but we all know he's "100%". Powell is better.
    I'd like to see Powell get more steady minutes but who does he take them from? Everyone ahead of him in the rotation are signed to big contracts or are vets. You risk depreciating value of a trade asset or having a problem in the locker room by cutting into anyone's minutes. Only an injury or a trade to open up a spot for him is going net him more pt.

Comment

• I wish Casey would get it through his thick skull that Corey is a third string PG.

He NEEDS to be giving Norm and Delon his minutes.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I wish Casey would get it through his thick skull that Corey is a third string PG.

He NEEDS to be giving Norm and Delon his minutes.
        He hasn't been playing great, but he was the primary back up in the Spurs roster so the ability is clearly there. He was great for us last year as well. He's definitely slumping though.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I'd like to see Powell get more steady minutes but who does he take them from? Everyone ahead of him in the rotation are signed to big contracts or are vets. You risk depreciating value of a trade asset or having a problem in the locker room by cutting into anyone's minutes. Only an injury or a trade to open up a spot for him is going net him more pt.
          Ummm...Carroll?? Fuck locker room problems, the better play is supposed to play. If carroll doesn't like it, play better. I mean come on, should there be any other reason for whos playing other than "what's best for the team to win games"?
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He hasn't been playing great, but he was the primary back up in the Spurs roster so the ability is clearly there. He was great for us last year as well. He's definitely slumping though.
            That's not even true...Patty Mills was. They didn't increase Corey's minutes from 13mpg until Mills got injured. He was and should be the 3rd string PG.

Comment

Ummm...Carroll?? Fuck locker room problems, the better play is supposed to play. If carroll doesn't like it, play better. I mean come on, should there be any other reason for whos playing other than "what's best for the team to win games"?
              Yup...we have no problem benching JV whether it was Biz or Bebe. Kanter comes off the bench in OKC many times so Carroll can eat a D when he has been the worst wing we have n if he is supposed to be a good veteran that has publicly stated that he's a role player so he should be able to embrace it n EARN his spot back. This is also a guy who spent much of his career having to work his way off the bench so put it on him to play better or sit his ass down. This is about the team's success not Carroll's feelings. If he whines he can pretty much kiss his career goodbye because his skill certainly isn't enough to win over teams.

Comment

The bolded would make an awesome shirt for coaches to wear.

Should Powell eat into Carroll's minutes, yes I agree. Will it cause issues with Carroll in the locker room, yes I believe so. Could that impact team chemistry, and spread through the locker especially to those whom are close to Carroll, I think it could. If coaches didn't have to finesse situations and just make the obvious move, I'm sure we'd all be happier for it. They'd probably get fired at an alarming rate, but that should not concern us.

Comment

• Powell really needs to start over Carroll. As a starter he is averaging 14 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists and shooting 47% FG and 40% from 3.

Carroll has been horrific in general.

Comment

The bolded would make an awesome shirt for coaches to wear.

Should Powell eat into Carroll's minutes, yes I agree. Will it cause issues with Carroll in the locker room, yes I believe so. Could that impact team chemistry, and spread through the locker especially to those whom are close to Carroll, I think it could. If coaches didn't have to finesse situations and just make the obvious move, I'm sure we'd all be happier for it. They'd probably get fired at an alarming rate, but that should not concern us.
                    If you're getting outplayed, and you lose your minutes, and instead of working harder and smarter you choose to sulk and cause problems, I don't want you anywhere near my team, nor should anyone else.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Powell really needs to start over Carroll. As a starter he is averaging 14 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists and shooting 47% FG and 40% from 3.

Carroll has been horrific in general.
                      Let's not forget the gaping difference in defense and the ability to handle the rock

Comment

• where are these locker room problem concerns coming from with Carroll?

I mean, given the guard hegemony that Casey has put in place I wouldn't be surprised if the team isn't actually as cohesive as we're being led to believe (watching the way the guards and bigs "defend" together doesn't really make me think these guys are on the same page), but even so i don't see where you guys are coming from with Carroll specifically.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          where are these locker room problem concerns coming from with Carroll?

I mean, given the guard hegemony that Casey has put in place I wouldn't be surprised if the team isn't actually as cohesive as we're being led to believe (watching the way the guards and bigs "defend" together doesn't really make me think these guys are on the same page), but even so i don't see where you guys are coming from with Carroll specifically.
                          People are assuming carroll would raise a stink if he got demoted even temporarily. But guaranteeing guys jobs in free agency meetings or behind close doors what have you is a recipe for disaster, it's kind of how the Knicks operate, and polar opposite of how the spurs operate

Comment

• I swear to god if I see Carroll put it on the floor one more time, dude is a spot up shooter and he isn't even great at that. Defence is bad, offense is even worse and we're stuck with him

Comment

• Hey guys:

Could Powell get a Rising Stars nod?
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Hey guys:

Could Powell get a Rising Stars nod?
                                They already announced the rosters

Comment

Working...
                                X