Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
    They already announced the rosters
    Just saw that..... why no Norman? The guy deserves to go.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
      He hasn't played all that much to be honest.

Comment

• starting seems to have given norm a confidence boost I wonder as he gains more floor time if the game "slows down for him" as it has for demar as referenced by the raptor's broadcast team.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          Yeah he really hasn't played much to earn recognition from outside of Toronto. If he got consistent minutes and played well then yes he should be in there, but his minutes have been extremely inconsistent.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            where are these locker room problem concerns coming from with Carroll?

I mean, given the guard hegemony that Casey has put in place I wouldn't be surprised if the team isn't actually as cohesive as we're being led to believe (watching the way the guards and bigs "defend" together doesn't really make me think these guys are on the same page), but even so i don't see where you guys are coming from with Carroll specifically.
            I believe this is a constant battle and you have to tip your hat to Dwane Casey's people skills. It's not just a matter of Casey getting the role players to 'suck it up' and do the dirty work to maximize Kyle and DeMar, there are millions of dollars at stake for these players. It's their livelihood and survival.

You can already see that Powell could be an 20ppg player in the Raps system, if given the same patience and opportunity as DeMar was afforded. After one breakout season, Norm could be in line for CJ McCollum money ($23-29M/yr), if not more because of his defense.

This Woj bomb from the Bulls dysfunction sums it up nicely.....

"The Bulls are full of unhappy players," said Wojnarowski. "With the superstars unhappy with the role players and the role players unhappy with the superstars, privately charging them with playing buddy ball, sources say. A two-man game that they believe often intentionally involves no one else."
            http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ing-Buddy-Ball

Comment

• This guy should be our starting SF.

It is what it is.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Let's calm down on pegging Powell as a certified 20 PPG guy.

He hasn't had great efficiency in these starts, and opponents aren't game planning him too crazily I'd assume.

Not to mention it's a three game sample size.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  Let's calm down on pegging Powell as a certified 20 PPG guy.

He hasn't had great efficiency in these starts, and opponents aren't game planning him too crazily I'd assume.

Not to mention it's a three game sample size.
                  Derozan wasn't efficient for the longest time either. The point is that in a system as guard dominated as the Raps, a half decent starting SG should be easily above 18ppg with 20ppg being not that hard to achieve. Ross could probably do it, too. It's not as hard as you think. It comes down to the coach allowing the player to have that high usage, and the team working to maximize his strengths.

Look at a guy like Harrison Barnes. His usage shot up from 16% to 27% and now he's a 20ppg guy - and yes, his efficiency dropped as would Powell's. But if you gave Powell DeMar's 30% USG and got the rest of the team to buy into supporting his game, it would be hard for him not to score 20ppg in the Raps system.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Derozan wasn't efficient for the longest time either. The point is that in a system as guard dominated as the Raps, a half decent starting SG should be easily above 18ppg with 20ppg being not that hard to achieve. Ross could probably do it, too. It's not as hard as you think. It comes down to the coach allowing the player to have that high usage, and the team working to maximize his strengths.

Look at a guy like Harrison Barnes. His usage shot up from 16% to 27% and now he's a 20ppg guy - and yes, his efficiency dropped as would Powell's. But if you gave Powell DeMar's 30% USG and got the rest of the team to buy into supporting his game, it would be hard for him not to score 20ppg in the Raps system.
                    I agree with you.

However, the way it's being posted in these forums sounds as if people believe that not only could he average 20, he could do it while having a positive impact on the team.

There's a ton of players in the league that can average 20 when given enough usage, but it's not gonna lead to W's (Harrison Barnes/Monta Ellis' whole career).

I guess I'm just annoyed of people slotting him in as a career #2 option on a team, which is something he might achieve one day, but he certainly isn't there yet. I feel like Powell's being slightly overrated in these forums.

Comment

• Even jack finally basically came out and said it's time to demote demarre and promote the powell
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Even jack finally basically came out and said it's time to demote demarre and promote the powell

I'm very disappointed with demarre carol, very surprised of his play. Maybe play more Norman and less Corey Joseph..instead of Carroll,I still like his basketball IQ, but he hasn't been playing that good with raptors organization.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Even jack finally basically came out and said it's time to demote demarre and promote the powell
                          I missed the game but i'm pissed off that we keep starting Carroll over this Powell.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I'm very disappointed with demarre carol, very surprised of his play. Maybe play more Norman and less Corey Joseph..instead of Carroll,I still like his basketball IQ, but he hasn't been playing that good with raptors organization.
                            No BOTH Carroll and CoJO need to get weeded out of the rotation. Delon should be taking Corey's minutes and Norm should have Carroll's. This notion that Carroll can defend is absolute fiction, maybe that's due to his knee and lacking mobility, but nevertheless he looks terrible out there getting blown by all game long, making terrible defensive reads, constantly out of position and to top it off is BADLY bricking and even airballing shots. He is utterly atrocious and deserves absolutely no playing time whatsoever.

We already know Powell deserves Carroll's minutes and Delon is ready to take Corey's

Comment

• How much of the Carroll disaster can we hang on the Raptors' medical staff? Did they drop the ball on the pre-signing physical?

Comment

• Or did MU, not listen to them? Too many unknowns. Either way, we don't have anyone else with enough size/speed to guard the beastly wings we are going to face in the playoffs. Just gotta hope he plays out of this funk. I'd be happy if he just focused on stepping up his defence in time for the playoffs. If the shot doesn't drop we have lots of other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X