X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    If Kawhi resigns norm should get 6th man of the year...even if he doesn't play
    Who says now we overpayed to re-sign Norm?! Never doubt Masai lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    If Kawhi resigns norm should get 6th man of the year...even if he doesn't play

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied

....and so it begins

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Most is just a summation of what's been said but interesting nonetheless for these dog days....

Still too early for Toronto to give up on Norman Powell https://www.raptorshq.com/2018/9/15/...oting-playoffs via @raptorshq

Leave a comment:

• ReubenJRD
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I like it (and I like it for a decent minutes lineup regardless) as a starting lineup except for two things.

One, Serge Ibaka. If he's playing exclusively as a bench C, he's either getting 20 MPG at most or JV is playing way too little (even before any Siakam at C craziness or Monroe minutes enter the equation). One seems unlikely to sit well with him, the other seems a real bad idea.

Two, OG Anunoby. He's coming off his rookie year, and as strong as he is, I'd like to shield him from starting PFs a good bit if possible. So I'd still play him in those transitional lineups as a 4, but I'd like to see a good number of his minutes come on the wing, where he's leveraging his quickness to keep up with a wing rather than his strength to keep up with a big. Just seems like less wear and tear over the course of the season. Same reason why I want to almost exclusively use Kawhi as a wing, not a forward, because we have options there that prevent him from having to take on that physical load over a long season.
    100% agree.

LJ2 wrote: View Post
    You can put me down on record as saying starting OG at PF is an awful idea. Could not think of a worse way to ruin his career than by routinely making him defend bigger, stronger, starting calibre players. I know the position is moving towards longer and more perimeter oriented guys, but you still have the likes of Griffin, Morris, Horford, Love etc...and that's just in the East. Imo, OG at PF should only be used in specific situations. His strength is in guarding the perimeter, not the post. His health should be of high importance to the Raptors current and future.
    Now, to counter both points, I agree -- I think OG with extended time at the four is not a solution. I like his ability to exploit certain matchups and opposing lineups, because he does have the strength, quickness, size, and the length to matchup.

Only reason I say to start him there, is because of the rotation. I fully expect Nurse to have a different rotation each and every night, with OG playing more minutes as a wing than not. However, his physical abilities and shooting provides an advantage that gives Kawhi, Lowry, and JV the focus offensively. Defensively, they'll be able to switch -- this is, to me, an ideal lineup against the Warriors, the Rockets, the Celtics (IF they start Brown/Hayward/Tatum), the Bucks.

Sure, it's a lineup that will not work against the Cavs (K. Love), the Pistons (Griffin), the Celtics (IF Baynes starts at 5, Horford at the 4), or maybe the Sixers (Saric at the 4). But, as I mentioned, the top tier, championship-calibre teams routinely play small, which is why it's ideal to me. I'm not worried about OG vs. Griffin, because it's not a matchup that'll determine the league's fate -- Nurse would likely start Ibaka.

I don't think he'll "routinely" be guarding bigger, stronger, starting calibre players at all. In fact, I think the guys who will be doing that, are Siakam, Ibaka, and at times, Monroe, if the opposing matchup is a traditional big (yes, I know he's awful defensively).

Again, that is my ideal lineup, and the one I'd favour each and every night. HOWEVER, I fully expect the lineup to fluctuate between:

Lowry-Green-Kawhi-OG or Ibaka (depending on the opposing matchup) - and JV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X