This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir or Lou? Who do you want back?

With the GV trade, Masai has about $23M to spend in free agency. That's enough to bring back both Amir&Lou and a cheap free agent (about a $7M/yr contract).. or a max 0-6 year free agent (Harris/Middleton/etc) and only one of Amir/Lou back.

Who do you bring back (if any) and why?

Current depth chart:

KL/Wright
    DD/Powell
    TR/JJ/Bruno/Daniels
    2Pat
    JV/Bebe
    Amir
    39.13%
    Lou
    13.04%
    Both
    6.52%
    Neither
    41.30%

The poll is expired.

depends on who else were signing, its part of a bigger picture.

i'd only want one of the two back though. need to make some changes
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Most likely neither. Definitely not Lou. If we can't find a better PF, we would need Amir.

Comment

I hope Amir. He is heart and soul of the team, works hard, doesn't whine, been defensive anchor 4 DC.
        I think he can play backup center for 15 min. or smth like that.
        No new friends (c)

Comment

I think Amir is more valuable to the team and I believe would be less expensive. Ideally I'd like him back but to have the same role that Tyler had last year.. essentially a third string big that can play both PF and C.

He'd need to be resigned for cheap though (under $7M/yr).

Comment

I would rather bring back Amir. Hopefully, he'll be healthy for us next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amir. Only if he's signed for next to nothing and slotted into a backup role though; you just can't depend on him to be a steady contributor.

But I have a (bad) feeling we're going to re-up Lou for a big chunk of change.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If Masai can bring in a real star, then neither. I'm holding my fingers crossed for LaMarcus, who would be perfect for this team and might put it over the top. I'm not getting my hopes up, but that's my ideal scenario.

If such things can't happen, then I'd like Lou back on a reasonable contract, like 8 mil a year or such. He would be an asset at that price. That would leave enough room to target a few good players to fix holes.

So, it depends on who's available. I don't mind both of them gone, if Masai can use the cap space for a good cause.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  If Masai can bring in a real star, then neither. I'm holding my fingers crossed for LaMarcus, who would be perfect for this team and might put it over the top. I'm not getting my hopes up, but that's my ideal scenario.

If such things can't happen, then I'd like Lou back on a reasonable contract, like 8 mil a year or such. He would be an asset at that price. That would leave enough room to target a few good players to fix holes.

So, it depends on who's available. I don't mind both of them gone, if Masai can use the cap space for a good cause.
                  I'm really not a fan of Aldridge's.

He's a PF who takes most of his shots from the 16-23 ft area. And he's mostly shot in the low 40s from that area. That's just not good. Generally too many jumpers, and he's not a good enough shooter for that role. He's a volume scoring PF, and his D is nothing special. He can rebound, but meh. And I can't say his personality really wows me. He's not a cancer or anything, but has always seemed high maintenance.

Comment

I really want to keep Amir as a backup, I don't feel comfortable with him as a starter anymore. His ankles are too unpredictable at this point.

I'm indifferent about Lou.
                    OG is our king

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

He's a PF who takes most of his shots from the 16-23 ft area. And he's mostly shot in the low 40s from that area. That's just not good. Generally too many jumpers, and he's not a good enough shooter for that role. He's a volume scoring PF, and his D is nothing special. He can rebound, but meh. And I can't say his personality really wows me. He's not a cancer or anything, but has always seemed high maintenance.
                      Aldridge and his shot selection make DeMar look like a fucking genius
                      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Amir. He is a much better choice than Tyler for the back up big. More expensive but reasonably better. It's not easy to find a decent back up center, and although Amir lacks length, we saw him play at 5 pretty successfully. Not a big fan of Lou's game. Too much shooting, doesn't move the ball, poor defense, will most likely be very expensive. I'd rather have Amir in case Raps can't sign a star PF. However, without Lou there might be some scoring issues (now that GV is gone as well and Wright becomes a back up PG), but I'd use MLE to get a guy who could score off the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        MeDar ReDozan

Comment

Amir, but probably neither.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Yep, he could tone down his jump shots a little. On the upside, teams always respect it. There are players who shoot in the .40-.45 range from midrange and teams don't pay much attention to them. Aldrige always has 1 big on him and usually a help defender close by even when he's off the ball. You don't respect him enough, he won't take a jump shot, he will post up or drive. Teams end up overhelping, often defending him with centers with another guy close by at all times. It distorts defenses, leaves people open even when he doesn't have the ball.

I think he's also developed into one of the better defensive bigs in the league.

I also don't love too much midrange shots, and I think DeMar isn't an ideal fit in that situation with him, DeMar would probably have to be replaced with some shooter to better take advantage of teams overplaying Aldridge at all times. But overall I think he's a massive upgrade for this team.

Comment

I think Masai is gonna try and re-sign Lou and give a max to one of the solid young players like Middleton, Harris etc
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X