Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest issues of the Raptors this past season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Is wrote: View Post
    I know this will sound like a cop out but most of the actual biggest issues of the last season come back to Dwane Casey.
    A lot of the problems were oriented around Casey and that's why most of us wanted him gone because it felt like he was an inherent problem with the Raptors lack of success. I think Casey is kept for 1 more year (He has 2 years left on his contract) to prove himself if he can become a more skillful coach but I have my doubts.

Furthermore, our team's lack of playing like a competitive + cohesive unit is also to blame. I think our team chemistry was really poor come playoff time and our guys didn't trust one and other for reasons I cannot explain. I think this lack of chemistry resulted in overall poor defence and offence play. I hope the new guys Masai brings on helps the locker room culture for the raptors and are more vocal with issues concerning that secret sphere of whispers amongst the raptor' players.
    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
      A lot of the problems were oriented around Casey and that's why most of us wanted him gone because it felt like he was an inherent problem with the Raptors lack of success. I think Casey is kept for 1 more year (He has 2 years left on his contract) to prove himself if he can become a more skillful coach but I have my doubts.

Furthermore, our team's lack of playing like a competitive + cohesive unit is also to blame. I think our team chemistry was really poor come playoff time and our guys didn't trust one and other for reasons I cannot explain. I think this lack of chemistry resulted in overall poor defence and offence play. I hope the new guys Masai brings on helps the locker room culture for the raptors and are more vocal with issues concerning that secret sphere of whispers amongst the raptor' players.
      Tbh it feels like Casey will be the fall guy next season. MU will construct the roster so Wright, Ross, Bebe, 2Pats and JJ get ample burn and maybe Bruno too. Take a step back maybe miss the playoffs then fire the doofus. It might be ugly but guys have to sink or swim

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post

Who gets credit for 2013-14 then?

I think your 2nd paragraph was much more the cause than your 1st. And I don't think you can pin that 100% on Casey.
        Last edited by Mess; Sat Jul 4, 2015, 01:01 AM.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          Who gets credit for 2013-14 then?

I think your 2nd paragraph was much more the cause than your 1st. And I don't think you can pin that 100% on Casey.
          masai gets credit. he removed a player that was being too relied on and disrupted the team so that the crappy system couldnt be used and guys were just playing basketball without the retarded scrambling pressure defense. the heavy iso and defense showed up in the playoffs

Comment

The problem is the type of talent we had on the team. We had guys that thrive as loose canons and no defence. Casey completely changed his schemes to reflect the "skills" of our player, that was the whole problem.

Not to mention we simply did not have enough talent on the team. This team over performed last year and gave Masai a false sense of security, now you're seeing him make changes.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              The problem is the type of talent we had on the team. We had guys that thrive as loose canons and no defence. Casey completely changed his schemes to reflect the "skills" of our player, that was the whole problem.

Not to mention we simply did not have enough talent on the team. This team over performed last year and gave Masai a false sense of security, now you're seeing him make changes.
              That backwards. He had a scheme that didn't fit the roster at all. Getting swept first round to a lower seed is a coaching issue

Comment

Defence & Shot Selection.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Defence & Shot Selection.

You forgot Effort (I thought I was watching a bunch of Bargnanis out there)

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                    You forgot Effort (I thought I was watching a bunch of Bargnanis out there)
                    That too.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                    X