Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the biggest issues of the Raptors this past season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash
    replied
    1.) DeMar
    2.) DeRozan

Leave a comment:

• mjt20mik
    replied
    Defense... everything else fails in comparison

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    No SF
    No PF
    Shoot First PG

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    ISO
    Multiple defenders on the ball - blowbys, open threes
    Bunch of guys standing around on offense
    Guys running into each other on offense or two guys standing on the same spot
    Scrambling resulting in missed defensive rebounds
    Weird ass rotations
    Oh that scramble defence.....ugh...

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    The vast majority of the issues are under the "#FireCasey" thread.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    So you basically started a thread to summarize everything discussed over the last season?
    Lol, sorry i'm new, never used the forums until last month.

I was trying to see what people felt were the most significant ones, as time has pasted and we have time to reflect.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    ISO
    Multiple defenders on the ball - blowbys, open threes
    Bunch of guys standing around on offense
    Guys running into each other on offense or two guys standing on the same spot
    Scrambling resulting in missed defensive rebounds
    Weird ass rotations

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    So you basically started a thread to summarize everything discussed over the last season?

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    started a topic What were the biggest issues of the Raptors this past season?

What were the biggest issues of the Raptors this past season?

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet, but what were some of the things that really stuck for you as watching the Raptors play this past season? What were some of the things that needed imminent fixing that didn't happen? What were some of the things you couldn't stand?

I know there are too many issues to really address them all but some loomed out larger than others.

The most obvious one was our coaching issue of Casey. Him not adapting and countering with his own strategy to the other team's strategy. His favouritism of Demar and Casey giving Demar superstar treatment although he is far from anything that resembles a superstar. This favouritism caused a chasm in our team chemistry. His choice to prioritize winning over team chemistry and player development was also a problem.

Lack of utilization of our younger players. We barely saw Bebe or Bruno on the court but they were not really suppose to be effective players. However guys like JV and Ross were suppose to develop further than what we saw this past year and this didn't happen but this is tied to coaching again. Also not enough playing time and touches given to them to allow for them to develop their game.

Then there was the defensive strategy and our lack of defensive players. Our defensive strategy of constantly switching and not having enough athletic players to properly cover the other team was a thing. Especially watching the lumbering JV run out to the 3 point line to contest the 3 point shot was a sign that this wasn't the best way to cover the opposition's offence.

On the flip side, the lack of ball movement on the offensive end in the 2nd half of the season killed our team chemistry and trickled down to our player's half effort on defence. Too many bad possessions to remember. Stagnant plays of running down the clock for a contested shot. Not enough good plays to get our players high percentage shots. Too much depending on one guy to bail us out on a miraculous shot.

Our "all-stars" were also plagued with injuries. Derozan being hurt for part of the season and coming back at the end to damage the chemistry. I think Lowry missed a couple of games as well which hurt our team's fortunes. I felt this was minor though.

There are many others that I missed but feel free to discuss them.
    Last edited by BS10; Sun Jun 28, 2015, 02:02 PM.
Working...
X