Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about Lou replaces Demar as starting shooting guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Lou replaces Demar as starting shooting guard?

i made a comment on this before, but I feel the idea deserves it's own thread.

Advantages to lou starting at shooting guard and trading demar:
    - if lou is resigned to a reasonable contract, we could save cap space and not worry about demar's free agency next year.
    - Lou can shoot the 3 much more efficiently, fixes spacing issues in the starting lineup. Casey now no longer has an excuse to continue starting ross at the 3 (THANK GOD).
    - Lou doesn't really post up, meaning more post touches for JV which were being taken away by demar's post ups.
    - In this role, IF used properly (that's up to casey, ), lou can be more efficient than demar and be less of a black hole on offense, as evidenced by the times casey used him as backup pg and he actually showed flashes of playmaking.
    - We can now trade demar for a star, or pull a rudy gay and trade him for an entire bench without worrying about taking a big step back at the 2 spot.

Disadvantages to lou starting at shooting guard and trading demar:
    - size, and thus defense. Although lou has shown he can get steals by playing the passing lanes, and he does put effort on defense, his size will make it hard to guard opposing 2s. However, with all these defensive players we are being linked to (aminu), and having delon wright as a defensive pg, masai and casey can work together to create ways to mask his shortcoming on that end.
    - Lowry loses his buddy , well too bad so sad it's a business and lowry tweeted that after vazquez was traded.

no
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like Lou better coming off the bench because Lou creates a mismatch for the opponent's bench team. Starting line ups have problems with guarding him already and this difficulty is multiplied with bench players trying to guard him. If you couple Lou with a defensive guard in the backcourt he wouldn't be so bad. I think Wright + Lou would be effective coming off the bench. I don't mind bringing him back if that's Masai's plan but i'd rather let another team over pay him in free agency. Lou deserves a big pay day.
      Last edited by BS10; Mon Jun 29, 2015, 03:53 PM.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

No.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nope.

He plays well because he plays against bench units. And he still gets lit up.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

No.

For the same reason you don't start Isaiah Thomas over in Boston.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Lou is a bench player.. but if you can trade DD for a PF and have a hole to fill.. I like the idea as a stop gap solution.

Comment

No.
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Imagine guys like jimmy butler and kawhi guarding Lou...

I rest my case
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Can't see it working.

Comment

Never
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yuck, why this obsession with hanging onto Lou Will?

Comment

No.

Comment

How about we don't, and say we never considered it.

Comment

LOL I love the first response. But seriously the guy is undersized. He wouldn't have the same ability to back ppl down in the post. Not a good idea with this roster. He is a bench guy like Jamal Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                              X