Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope he doesn't have a bunch of hanger ons in his ear that don't want him in canada, or treat as us much of an afterthought as espn does.

He does seem like a really thoughhtful guy however. He has to see how well he would fit here. Plus, if he wins a title in san antonio, its just business as usual, and he'll be remembered as the robin to kawhi's batman. If he ever won a title in toronto?? There would be a lemarcus aldridge statue outside of the ACC 50 years from now. Endorsements out of this world and more popular than peak vince carter. So I guess it comes down to legacy. More likely to win in SA, but far more impactful to win in "the 6"
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ppersonally id rather help the lakers clear space by taking Russell and Randle to make room for Jordan and LMA

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
        I think there is a decent chance. The teams that are interested in LA are the 3 Texas teams, New York, the Lakers & the Raptors. LA has also made it known that he is not interested in playing at the 5.

Dallas- have the cap space to offer him a max but would then likely have to let chandler go, and a front court of dirk and LA will not work that well together considering he doesn't want to play the 5. Also it looks like DJ is dallas's number 1 target right now
        Houston- Doesn't have the cap space to offer him a max and would need to work on a sign and trade involving trevor ariza and other assets (portland would need to be willing to take them or find another trade partner) and this will deplete the rest of the team. However a center like dwight howard will work perfectly with LA game.
        San Antonio- Don't have room to offer him a max assuming that they max kawhi. Would need to renounce their cap holds and dump splitter/mills to be able to offer him a max contract http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-at-what-cost/. SA however does offer a chance to play in his home state and with Duncan and popovich if they can somehow make the numbers work.
        New York- Can offer him a max contract. But their roster is currently a mess and don't have a viable option at center. Even with LA that roster doesn't look like a contender. NY also seems to be targeting 2nd tier free agents monroe, affalo, west, etc
        Lakers- can offer him a max contract. But again the lakers do not currently have a center and the team seems committed to developing randle at the 4.
        Raptors- Can offer him the max by renouncing cap rights to free agents. Have JV at the 5, who is an above average center and a good fit to play alongside LA. Adding LA to the current roster will immediately make the raptors a contender in the much weaker eastern conference.

I believe San Antonio is the current favorite to sign him but Toronto offers the 2nd best option followed by Houston if they can somehow work on a sign & trade with Portland.
        Amen.
        Exc analysis.
        Would like to add:
        -Dallas -How much does aging Dirk have left? Parsons & LMA will not get you to 2nd round in West much less finals.
        -Houston -Excellent chance, but to make it work would have to decimate bench;
        SA -Would have to do MAJOR cutting (probably at least 2 of Diaw, Splitter, Green). Aging Duncan (and Pops with him) likely have maybe 1, (2 at most) years. Even w Kawai at prime -pretty much MUST win now (not in 2 years); Again good luck in the West.
        NY -Give me a break. LMA is 30. Not going to win for at least 2-3 yrs. And how are 3 PF (Melo, LMA, Porzingis) going to work?
        LA -You said it;
        In the end (IMO) SA & To. My biggest fear is that this years "fiasco" in playoffs will hurt us big.
        Lets hope DD & Kyle (not to mention our "ambassador Drake) can sell him To.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          ppersonally id rather help the lakers clear space by taking Russell and Randle to make room for Jordan and LMA
          Why?? Youd rather tank than add LMA? If we got him, we'd be closer to a title than we've ever been. And guys still want to hit reset with a bunch of maybe prospects. Craziness

Comment

• You guys are really going deep to validate why you think he would pick Toronto lol. Some of the things you guys are bringing up as to why Toronto would be a good choice I don't think he even cares about. I just feel like when greats like Tim Duncan, Pop, Kobe etc. come to talk to him and sell him on their team it will be hard for him to pass up. Masai and Tim and Casey just don't seem as appealing when you compare. I think the history that the Spurs and Lakers have for example is why he would want to play there not the other way around. And he probably does have friends and family telling him negative shit about Toronto. I think he's just going to listen to our pitch because we are literally the only team in the East that can pay him the max and he's doing his due diligence as he should. I don't think we are really a contender for him.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Spurs certainly would be a good option. However in the west even a really good Spurs team have a rough road in the playoffs as evidenced this year. IF LMA decides to move to the east then we are a viable option.
              You gotta beat somebody really good at some point either way. A healthy Cavs team would be world champions right now.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Why?? Youd rather tank than add LMA? If we got him, we'd be closer to a title than we've ever been. And guys still want to hit reset with a bunch of maybe prospects. Craziness
                Yeah you tank to get The next LA so why not just get LA? Lol

If la clearly says that the raps arnt really in contention would it be best to go after a second tier guy like milsap and roll with this newfound intrest in toronto from free agents or do something else?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  You gotta beat somebody really good at some point either way. A healthy Cavs team would be world champions right now.

Exactly.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    You guys are really going deep to validate why you think he would pick Toronto lol. Some of the things you guys are bringing up as to why Toronto would be a good choice I don't think he even cares about. I just feel like when greats like Tim Duncan, Pop, Kobe etc. come to talk to him and sell him on their team it will be hard for him to pass up. Masai and Tim and Casey just don't seem as appealing when you compare. I think the history that the Spurs and Lakers have for example is why he would want to play there not the other way around. And he probably does have friends and family telling him negative shit about Toronto. I think he's just going to listen to our pitch because we are literally the only team in the East that can pay him the max and he's doing his due diligence as he should. I don't think we are really a contender for him.
                    Well said. Some of these competitors have prestige, great history, renowned management who've won in the past and hall of famers in their corner. These have guys with rings. Hardware talks, doesn't it?

It's nice to see the Raptors get a seat at the table for once but they're not at the head of the table, not by a long shot.

Comment

You guys are really going deep to validate why you think he would pick Toronto lol. Some of the things you guys are bringing up as to why Toronto would be a good choice I don't think he even cares about. I just feel like when greats like Tim Duncan, Pop, Kobe etc. come to talk to him and sell him on their team it will be hard for him to pass up. Masai and Tim and Casey just don't seem as appealing when you compare. I think the history that the Spurs and Lakers have for example is why he would want to play there not the other way around. And he probably does have friends and family telling him negative shit about Toronto. I think he's just going to listen to our pitch because we are literally the only team in the East that can pay him the max and he's doing his due diligence as he should. I don't think we are really a contender for him.
                      So why bother hey? Let's just fold up like a cheap, canadian tent. After all, we've never attracted free agents or won like san antonio or LAL. How dare we try to change that perception, or dream big. How dare we forgot for 5 minutes that we're anything other than a cold, losing history of a franchise and you gotta go thru friggin customs. Plus our logo fucking sucks.
                      Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Jun 30, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Yes, but for the Spurs 1) they need to make the room firstoff, and 2) they're damn old with Duncan, Pops, and Manu on the verge of retirement.

For the Lakers, sometimes recent history is more important than 'history'. They've stunk and Kobe has barely played. It's been a pretty toxic environment for a while now.

No one is saying that we're the favorite. We are, however, most definitely in the mix.
                        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Jun 30, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Yes, but for the Spurs 1) they need to make the room firstoff, and 2) they're damn old with Duncan, Pops, and Manu on the verge of retirement.

For the Lakers, sometimes recent history is more important than 'history'. They've stunk and Kobe has barely played. It's been a pretty toxic environment for a while now.

No one is saying that we're the favorite. We are, however, most definitely in the mix.
                          Also going for us is that Aldridge seems to have a bit of a different personality makeup than the "prima donnas" like Paul, James, Harden etc. Seems more like a Karl Malone type, would rather everybody fuck off and let em go fishing or something

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            So why bother hey? Let's just fold up like a cheap, canadian tent. After all, we've never attracted free agents or won like san antonio or LAL. How dare we try to change that perception, or dream big. How dare we forgot for 5 minutes that were anything other than a cold, losing history of a franchise and you gotta go thru friggin customs. Pluss our logo fuucking sucks.
                            You're missing the point. Ujiri and Co. deserve an 'A' for effort, what they're doing is heading in the right direction. Ujiri is the right man for the job but he's gotta undo a lot of damage.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Well said. Some of these competitors have prestige, great history, renowned management who've won in the past and hall of famers in their corner. These have guys with rings. Hardware talks, doesn't it?

It's nice to see the Raptors get a seat at the table for once but they're not at the head of the table, not by a long shot.

Exactly.

Comment

• I don't usually agree with much that Apollo says but I'm with him on this one. LMA is the #1 free agent available that has a realistic chance of signing with a different team than he is currently on, and in my view the chance is 0 for coming here.

Spurs I see as the #1 team he will sign with. I know some guys have done the math, but this article seems to indicate it's possible, and given the Spurs long history of being able to do tons with very little, LMA would have to be an idiot not to sign there. The only scenario I can think of that he would find Spurs less attractive is if Pops decided he wanted to retire at the same time as Duncan and Ginobili.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/30/88...e-agent-rumors

Basically any team that has a realistic shot at reaching the NBA Finals should have a better chance than the Raptors do. I know some of you view Toronto as one of those teams.. sorry, it's not going to happen. Adding LMA to the Raptors is basically like creating the Portland Trailblazers in the East. Would the Blazers come out on top in the East? Doubtful. About the only thing the Raptors can sorta guarantee is winning the Atlantic. Beyond that would the Blazers beat Chicago? Atlanta? Cleveland?
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X