This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Aldridge is good, but raps fans have never talked all that highly of him in the past... nothing past "oh he's a second tier guy....Bosh is better etc" Now his name is mentioned in the same sentence as the Raptors and were talking him up like he's the next wilt.

Love it.

That said, dude is a massive upgrade over Amir.... but, will he see the ball? Will the chuckers even look at him?
    I think hes good the major concern was the fact that on his team he was a high volume guy. However he is RELATIVELY efficient. Also he has never played with two all star players. Honestly I don't see why he wouldn't want to join our team he would free up demar and klow alot.... and they would instantly be contenders for the title for the next 3-4 years atleast.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
      Aldridge is good, but raps fans have never talked all that highly of him in the past... nothing past "oh he's a second tier guy....Bosh is better etc" Now his name is mentioned in the same sentence as the Raptors and were talking him up like he's the next wilt.

Love it.

That said, dude is a massive upgrade over Amir.... but, will he see the ball? Will the chuckers even look at him?
      If he signs here, he's the unquestioned #1 option. If the chuckers don't pass it they'll be shipped out immediately.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
        The source is bleacher report...
        And I don't believe the report. B/R also said previously that it's 99.9% that he would leave the blazers. Why does he have so many meetings scheduled then?

Anything can change in the meetings. If MU and TL (and Drake) can leave a lasting impression, I still think we got a shot.
        Plus they got rid of batum so they will be worse.... doesn't make sense

Comment

As much as long 2s = bad, you can do a lot more with a PF shooting long 2s, it would open up the paint better than anyone DD has played with. Others will need to adjust their games... Even JV, him and LMA both prefer to operate out of the left side, and it'll take time for them to work together without getting in each others' way.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            I think hes good the major concern was the fact that on his team he was a high volume guy. However he is RELATIVELY efficient. Also he has never played with two all star players. Honestly I don't see why he wouldn't want to join our team he would free up demar and klow alot.... and they would instantly be contenders for the title for the next 3-4 years atleast.
            I don't think aldridge alone makes us instant title contenders. It would move us up a peg to "close but no cigar" with alanta and chicago. We still nneed to add a quality 3 pt shooting defensive upgrade on t ross. We will still be short on "3" and "D" in our starting lineup, two very important things to reach the promised land.i
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I don't think aldridge alone makes us instant title contenders. It would move us up a peg to "close but no cigar" with alanta and chicago. We still nneed to add a quality 3 pt shooting defensive upgrade on t ross. We will still be short on "3" and "D" in our starting lineup, two very important things to reach the promised land.i
              Looks like we are getting wes mathews as well. We could trade T ross or something for it

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Looks like we are getting wes mathews as well. We could trade T ross or something for it
                don't get your hopes up too high. raps are only talking with them, one of many teams who can offer the same money
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I don't see how having Drake there would help. Unless Aldridge is a massive hip-hop fan, it's not like he's 22 years old.

It's unlikely Aldridge (or any player in the NBA) would choose Toronto over San Antonio. That's really the bottom line here.

The big market teams of course have their shot, but they're all rebuilding teams. Dallas can offer too, but it's a logjam over there at his position. It really comes down to the Spurs, who have had their fair share of success over the years, vs Toronto who also has had some success, but not nearly at the level of the Spurs.

Both teams can offer a maximum contract.

The Raptors are built similarly to the Blazers, but the advantage is they are in the East. The Blazers have been knocked out of the first round 4 times in the last 7 seasons and made it to the 2nd round only once. That's as high as they've ever gotten so the one thing Toronto has going for them is that it's the East. Because we are similarly built like the Blazers and have had similar level of success (smaller scale, but same idea) then one should make an easy assumption that adding a player like Aldridge would propel Toronto beyond that first/second round.

I think when you consider who the Spurs have, you have at least 1 more year with Tim Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard and then after that at least 2 more seasons with Parker and Leonard. That beats anything Toronto can offer unless Masai tries to convince him that we're getting Durant (lol).
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    I don't see how having Drake there would help. Unless Aldridge is a massive hip-hop fan, it's not like he's 22 years old.

It's unlikely Aldridge (or any player in the NBA) would choose Toronto over San Antonio. That's really the bottom line here.

The big market teams of course have their shot, but they're all rebuilding teams. Dallas can offer too, but it's a logjam over there at his position. It really comes down to the Spurs, who have had their fair share of success over the years, vs Toronto who also has had some success, but not nearly at the level of the Spurs.

Both teams can offer a maximum contract.

The Raptors are built similarly to the Blazers, but the advantage is they are in the East. The Blazers have been knocked out of the first round 4 times in the last 7 seasons and made it to the 2nd round only once. That's as high as they've ever gotten so the one thing Toronto has going for them is that it's the East. Because we are similarly built like the Blazers and have had similar level of success (smaller scale, but same idea) then one should make an easy assumption that adding a player like Aldridge would propel Toronto beyond that first/second round.

I think when you consider who the Spurs have, you have at least 1 more year with Tim Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Leonard and then after that at least 2 more seasons with Parker and Leonard. That beats anything Toronto can offer unless Masai tries to convince him that we're getting Durant (lol).
                    Leonard is a big plus and Parker is nice, but we have what looks like a lottery pick coming our way next year and some solid young players that will continue to grow and get better in JV and Wright and solid middle aged vets in DeMar, Lowry, and Patterson that will not be in decline anytime soon. Not a bad place to start.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Has any of you considered that the interview might end up in a couple of sentences and it would go something like this:
                      LMA: "You could've drafted me in 2006. That would be all, thanks for coming by."

Jokes aside, Spurs have one thing to offer other teams can't: a legitimate shot at championship and that is why it's the best option for him. There are some question marks though: will they be able to bring back other important pieces and what happens if Spurs don't win the title in 2016? Manu and Tim might (very likely) retire after the next season and although they'd still be a great team, it would be much more difficult to go after a title without them. LMA has 4-5 year window.

If Rockets want to sign him, they would have to get rid of few players and would end up with glaring holes in SF and PG. Then they won't be able to pay up D-Mo or T. Jones next year (whoever stays with Rockets). Close but no cigar.

He would have to play as C in Dallas and they'd still have to get a starting SG and PG after signing him. Not happening.

Suns - no stars, no chance.

LA, NY - huge markets, great places to be, but NY is still a lost cause, LA is building a young team - no place for a 30 year old who wants to win now.

He can go back to Portland, but there're reports, that he doesn't wanna play there anymore. There're so many reports, that nobody really knows what is true and what is not.

Finally - Raptors. As many of you, I see Raps as a 2nd or 3rd best option (2nd if he doesn't want to return to Portland). But even with LMA Raptors are short to legitimate title contention. And there's more taxes in Canada vs. no taxes in the state of Texas.
                      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

JV's new summer coach was famous for operating out of the right block. So that's a good sign in terms of working with LMA.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Spurs would seem like a great option for a free agent looking for one last kick at the can, on a 1 year deal before retiring. But why would anyone want to sign a 4 year deal with the Spurs? Duncan and Manu are on borrowed time. And nobody is confusing a Parker/Leonard core as championship-calibre.

Comment

If Millsap leaves Atlanta, then the Hawks are perhaps the best landing spot for LMA, if he wants to win. Or the Cavs could do a S&T with Love directly to the Blazers or involve a third team. Could see that happening, actually.

Not sure how all-star bonuses work and/or if bonuses allow you to go over the max, but the Raps already showed that we can get a fringe all-star (Lowry) in to the game as a starter. LMA would be an ASG lock in Toronto.

Comment

Based on ESPN.com ( C.B) The top 3 team that have a chance of landing LA, if he decides to leave Portland are:

1) SA
                              2) Dallas
                              3) Lakers

They also said he might get a cold feet about leaving 30 million on the table and not leave but I guess the tax situation in Texas can reduce the blow when it comes to losing money.

Comment

Ramona Shelburne reports:

Sense I get from latest calls is Marc Gasol, Kevin Love & Millsap are staying put. Aldridge, Monroe & DJ are in play

Comment

Working...
                                X