Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Raptors Recruit LaMarcus Aldridge?

I don't want to get too excited about potentially signing Aldridge but as we have a sit down with him this week I really hope DD and KL attend this meeting and give Aldridge the full court press. This is a new area for the Raptors. A lineup of KL/DD/TR/LA/JV could be pretty good with JJ/LW coming off the bench.

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I don't want to get too excited about potentially signing Aldridge but as we have a sit down with him this week I really hope DD and KL attend this meeting and give Aldridge the full court press. This is a new area for the Raptors. A lineup of KL/DD/TR/LA/JV could be pretty good with JJ/LW coming off the bench.
    Can we resign Lou with getting LA? I don't think so. But just having a marquee free agent come to Toronto I think is a big boost... The fit doesn't matter at the moment (with DD). It is just LA wanting to come to TO.

Comment

As far as teams in the east go, I really don't know where else he would want to sign. NYK potentially, simply because MSG.

I think if he doesn't go to a Texas team then we are his best bet to win. He is pretty much guaranteed an all star berth every year he's here, and he'll be starting in the all star game in TO. We have the money to throw at him and the team would fit well around him. He would be the guy on the team with enough talent to step up when his shots don't fall. Would get to play with a strong post presence making double teams difficult. We have lots of picks and potentially even more money to attract more talent next year.

I really think he's going to have to think about it hard. Not to mention Timmy is quite the recruiter

Comment

I'm pessimistic about LMA coming to our team but if he does decide to choose the raps its a major victory.

I think the sell for him to come to our team would be this: a new "big 3" of an all-star cast of KL,DD & LMA, true contenders in the weaker Eastern conference than the western conference with addition of LMA, multiple real scoring threats at different positions similar to OKC with Russ + KD, as well as the other stuff like great community, diverse culture of TO, Drake, etc..

If we sign him, although unlikely, we'd have to trade JJ if we were to sign a guy like Aminu. or someone else to upgrade the 3.
        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

I personally see this as a strategy to simply raise the bids invested on him
          I see him going to the Spurs instead, but hopefully he does come to Toronto Raptors

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            I personally see this as a strategy to simply raise the bids invested on him
            I see him going to the Spurs instead, but hopefully he does come to Toronto Raptors
            Same.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
              Same.
              He's getting a max either way. How much can he raise?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I mean I'm jaded as fuck so I don't think it'll happen. But Eastern Conference is weak. He gets his max money. We are playoff team. He will be THE man in Toronto so he won't have to sacrifice.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

There is no better team for him to join in the east.

Boston or New York? Not better..... Possibly even with him for Boston and definitely not better with NY.

Comment

Don't get too excited. Aldridge will sign in LA. He's the Lakers #1 target. There's a reason why they took Russell in the draft instead of Okafor.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

how do you raise a bid above max... He can't get double max or triple max. If he is talking to us there is probably genuine interest.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I can't see him coming here. He'll go to San Antonio if he's smart. Championship.

Comment

Hear me out, but I think Aldridge considering Toronto is not as crazy as it sounds. He clearly wants to be the marquee player on a team, he would get that here but not so much with NYK, LAL, Houston or the Spurs. He would get the same money on any team he goes to (Max), but with Toronto he would get the easier route to the finals being in the Eastern Conference. Plus, he would fit in quite well with the pieces we already have in place and we would instantly be contenders in the east with his addition. I still think it's likely he will sign with the Spurs or a big TV market team like LAL or NYK, but if his primary motivation is to contend for a title next year and also to be the face of a franchise, he would satisfy both criteria with Toronto.

Comment

He's not stupid for choosing Toronto. It can be a viable option to him since it is in a weak East, and the Raptors do have several pieces that are enticing to him.

The two main aspect we lack is defense and a big that can score. LMA can do both (although his defense isn't the greatest). We can then sign some vets and we should be good.

Val / Vet
                            LMA / PP
                            Ross / JJ / Bruno
                            Demar / Vet
                            Lowry / Wright

Comment

With the way Toronto has turned around, and they way that Lowry and derozan are looked upon as gods by the General populace, do you think that the allure of potentially being the face of of basketball in Canada is tempting?

I mean, he could have the same level of fame that VC had. He takes us to the conf finals even and he will be a god to the fans of this team.

That has to be a part of his curiosity. IF I remember didn't MU say something like that to Lowry to get him to resign?

Comment

Working...
                              X