X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Latest on LMA from C.B.:
    "Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge had a second meeting with the Lakers, but Chris Broussard tells SportsCenter that doesn't matter: "I don't think they can sway him to go to L.A." San Antonio -- and Phoenix -- are still out in front"

Phoenix is really puzzling to me ?? who do they have ? What did they say ?
    Phoenix has Bledsoe, Knight and Chandler. I'm not sure who their SF is, but these are very, very good players. In my opinion there's at least 2 players here better than anyone we have which isn't saying much but hey, you asked.

I think Chandler is a pretty attractive piece, you guys see him as an aging vet but the reality is he's widely regarded around the league as one of the best defensive big men out there, not just physically but mentally. He's focused, vocal, a good leader. He does a lot of the things that Aldridge probably doesn't really want to have to focus on. How do I know this? I'm making it up as I go but call it a gut feeling.

And Phoenix just did a bunch of things to make room for him. LMA, at least to me, appears to be a pretty classy guy so my guess is these kinds of moves are, for him, more "Wow, these guys really, really want me. They split up the Morris twins for me!" than "Hahaha they made all these moves and I'm gonna screw them over! F*CK those Morris twins!".
    Last edited by ebrian; Fri Jul 3, 2015, 11:53 AM.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Bit off topic but i dont understand the faried hupe. He is an elite offensive rounbounder because of hos high motor but does he have any other offensive skills? I dont watch denver like ever so i dont really know. Does he play good defense? Ive always thought he just plays really hard to make up for his lack of skills but i honestly dont know much about him.

Comment

• Tyson Chandler at the 5, which is something LMA needs, and Brandon Knight.

McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Latest on LMA from C.B.:
        "Free agent LaMarcus Aldridge had a second meeting with the Lakers, but Chris Broussard tells SportsCenter that doesn't matter: "I don't think they can sway him to go to L.A." San Antonio -- and Phoenix -- are still out in front"

Phoenix is really puzzling to me ?? who do they have ? What did they say ?

Comment

• The Spurs may have hurt themselves by moving Splitter ...and I believe their backup C Baynes has signed elsewhere. LMA has been vocal about not wanting to play C and I dont think Duncan can do that full time any more. Suns may indeed be in the drivers seat here.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            The Spurs may have hurt themselves by moving Splitter ...and I believe their backup C Baynes has signed elsewhere. LMA has been vocal about not wanting to play C and I dont think Duncan can do that full time any more. Suns may indeed be in the drivers seat here.
            Duncan's been a Center for awhile. He doesn't move as well as he used to.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              The Spurs may have hurt themselves by moving Splitter ...and I believe their backup C Baynes has signed elsewhere. LMA has been vocal about not wanting to play C and I dont think Duncan can do that full time any more. Suns may indeed be in the drivers seat here.
              They spent so much time developing Splitter and just giving him away for nothing !!! If LMA goes to Suns, that would be a huge blow to SA and pretty much the end of their era with the current personnel.

Comment

• It's gonna come down to the Spurs and the Suns. I don't see the Lakers or the Rockets have any chance of acquiring LMA. Raptors did their best but we need to move on to trades and possibly snag Markieff Morris from the Suns

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  They spent so much time developing Splitter and just giving him away for nothing !!! If LMA goes to Suns, that would be a huge blow to SA and pretty much the end of their era with the current personnel.
                  To clarify and ironically... they moved Splitter to clear cap space in order to sign LMA. We'll just have to wait & see what happens. They also dealt with ATL and that could be a "favour" to Budenholzer who was Pops right hand man for many yrs....frees up Horford to play PF. These are all connections with short & long term implications which come into play in the nba (imo).

Comment

• Pheonix is a really strong team right now. Even the bench is strong. I can definitely see them push towards conference finals even w/ out LMA

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      Pheonix is a really strong team right now. Even the bench is strong. I can definitely see them push towards conference finals even w/ out LMA
                      I can definitely see them not even in the playoffs without LMA.
                      MeDar ReDozan

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                        Pheonix is a really strong team right now. Even the bench is strong. I can definitely see them push towards conference finals even w/ out LMA
                        Are you drunk.

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            I guess you hit the post button after the last guy posted the tweet that Aldridge didn't see this team as a team on the cusp.

Why does everyone think we have the easiest path to the finals? You guys understand why they say the East is easier, right?

Here's the reason: the teams aren't very good. That includes us, guys. The Raptors are in the East and contribute directly to the East being weak.
                            Adding a superstar to a team that's not very good will make them good. Relative to the conference, you become contenders. A weak conference + a really good player on a good team can go far. It's why Carmelo, LeBron and Bosh aren't even considering going to the West.

Comment

• A thoroughly flabbergasted Rudy Gay asking drunkmunky if he's drunk. Classic.

Comment

• If LMA is going to PHX might as well stayed in Portland
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X