X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp
    replied
    Dude's been living in Portland. Dodging penny-farthings on the way to the arena, hanging out at the feminist bookstore... Toronto is going to feel downright mainstream American by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yes, we're all speculating. But you're putting words in Bosh's mouth to help form your opinion.
    No, I'm not putting words in his mouth. I'm speculating on his views of the organization based on everything that happened during the lead up to him leaving and all things after his departure.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Personally, when I'm making a decision I do my research and I talk to people who have experience that I trust. If I'm on the fence or undecided then their advice is going to weigh heavier. Yeah, I don't know what Bosh would say but based on what I do know I would lean more to the side of him not giving a shining endorsement. And really, most of this thread and many others is speculation so come on Nilanka... Shame on me, shame on everybody.
    Yes, we're all speculating. But you're putting words in Bosh's mouth to help form your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Pure speculation on your part on what Bosh might say.

But yes, a logical thinker would take advice from others, but NOT at the expense of one's own research.
    Personally, when I'm making a decision I do my research and I talk to people who have experience that I trust. If I'm on the fence or undecided then their advice is going to weigh heavier. Yeah, I don't know what Bosh would say but based on what I do know I would lean more to the side of him not giving a shining endorsement. And really, most of this thread and many others is speculation so come on Nilanka... Shame on me, shame on everybody.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    @Apollo,

I think that in the past American players might have wanted to leave Toronto, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

The Face of the All Star game isn't a one night thing. Melo was all over the news for months leading up to the All Star game. His face was plastered over every advertisement for it. Professional athletes are ego maniacs. You have to be, you have to crave and love the attention (with some exceptions like Kawhi). But for the most part being a quiet star is not what being a professional athlete is all about. Increasing your brand and being the face of a franchise or an all star game I think carries more weight than you're giving credit for.

Then again, I'm just a guy on the internet, so who knows? Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X