Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

power forward prospects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dino4life wrote: View Post
    I don't know what 2pat did to upset people. But it seems like everyone wants to bring in anyone who's ever started at any point on any team to start over 2pat.
    The guy is still only 26 (he looks 35), if you can't bring in a "CURRENT" All-star, bring in a young one on rookie deal to come off the bench and see what 2pat can do in a new role.
    I'm sorry but Demarre Carroll is not the missing piece that puts us at championship level. Next year is gonna be a whole new shift in direction. In the eternal words of Masai its gonna be a year of evaluation, for the 3rd year in a row.
    no one hates ppat. but hes not really starter material.

    Comment


    • Dino4life wrote: View Post
      I don't know what 2pat did to upset people. But it seems like everyone wants to bring in anyone who's ever started at any point on any team to start over 2pat.
      The guy is still only 26 (he looks 35), if you can't bring in a "CURRENT" All-star, bring in a young one on rookie deal to come off the bench and see what 2pat can do in a new role.
      I'm sorry but Demarre Carroll is not the missing piece that puts us at championship level. Next year is gonna be a whole new shift in direction. In the eternal words of Masai its gonna be a year of evaluation, for the 3rd year in a row.
      Tell 2 pat to learn to rebound and some defence would be good too thx.




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • iblastoff wrote: View Post
        no one hates ppat. but hes not really starter material.
        He isn't, but he was third on the team in mpg last year, ahead of both starting forwards :/

        Mind you, PP, Amir, JV, TR, GV, and Lou all played very similar mpg, PP was just slightly ahead of the rest.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • grindhouse wrote: View Post
          Tell 2 pat to learn to rebound and some defence would be good too thx.




          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Don't talk about Captain Scramble like that!

          Comment


          • mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Don't talk about Captain Scramble like that!
            The Avengers Assemble, the Raptors Scramble. Dwane Casey should start wearing an eyepatch whenever he yells "Raptors, scramble!" Then PP jumps off the bench and rips off his tearaways while JV hangs his head and shuffles off the court.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • Just bring back Hansbrough so we can move on.

              Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
              Patterson/Hansbrough/Daniels
              Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
              DeRozan/Ross/Powell
              Lowry/Joseph/Wright

              For those who think that PPat is not good enough to start... I can tell you that he's gonna work his *ss off to get where he needs to be. Plus, if JV plays at least 30min. a game, he'll average more than 10 rebounds, with Carroll doing the same. Seriously, going from an injured Amir to Patterson is not much of a drop.

              Comment


              • Primer wrote: View Post
                David Lee just got traded to Boston, so maybe we could make a deal for Sullinger? Say a Ross for Sullinger swap? I'd do that.
                Me too. I could live with Sullinger at the 4.

                Comment


                • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  Just bring back Hansbrough so we can move on.

                  Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
                  Patterson/Hansbrough/Daniels
                  Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
                  DeRozan/Ross/Powell
                  Lowry/Joseph/Wright

                  For those who think that PPat is not good enough to start... I can tell you that he's gonna work his *ss off to get where he needs to be. Plus, if JV plays at least 30min. a game, he'll average more than 10 rebounds, with Carroll doing the same. Seriously, going from an injured Amir to Patterson is not much of a drop.
                  2pat had a horrendous shooting slump last year. When he scores we win --he clearly us a integral part of our team but we need flexibility and scoring in the second unit and he provides both.

                  Comment


                  • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    2pat had a horrendous shooting slump last year. When he scores we win --he clearly us a integral part of our team but we need flexibility and scoring in the second unit and he provides both.
                    2Pats slumped but he was also under utilized. he just stood on the perimeter making it easy to run him off. he was also used as a C. also playing next to Lou and GV doesnt help

                    Comment


                    • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      2pat had a horrendous shooting slump last year. When he scores we win --he clearly us a integral part of our team but we need flexibility and scoring in the second unit and he provides both.
                      He frequently has shooting slumps. He's not a consistent shooter. He's not a bad shooter by any means, but he's not a guy you know is going to be automatic.

                      Comment


                      • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Just bring back Hansbrough so we can move on.

                        Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
                        Patterson/Hansbrough/Daniels
                        Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
                        DeRozan/Ross/Powell
                        Lowry/Joseph/Wright

                        For those who think that PPat is not good enough to start... I can tell you that he's gonna work his *ss off to get where he needs to be. Plus, if JV plays at least 30min. a game, he'll average more than 10 rebounds, with Carroll doing the same. Seriously, going from an injured Amir to Patterson is not much of a drop.
                        I'd agree to this but personally wouldn't want Psycho T in our roster. Casey might play him to full time as a starter. Would rather get our younger guys minutes so they can develop into nba players. In order for younger players to develop they need time on the nba hardwood.

                        With the available free agents out there that could possibly be acquired for the 4, there doen't seem to be anyone I'd want to sign long term. In next year's free agency we can poach one from another team such as Montiejunas, Jones, Henson, R. Anderson, who all will be RFA's. Or we can draft one via the nba draft, as there are tons of possible young 4 prospects.

                        2pat wouldn't be entirely a bad option as a starter. He can stretch the floor and defend most of the 4's in the league but may have trouble defending the better ones. His main issue is rebounding but insert Carroll beside him and the rebounding issue somewhat gets mitigated. I'm not sold on this yet and would need to see it in real time.

                        Ofcourse he may not be good enough for a starter role and destined to only be a quality back up PF but allowing him to take starter minutes, would help his loyalty for our organization and more likely to keep him long term if he is someone we want here long term.

                        If 2pat could improve his rebounding, he would increase his own value and be more of an asset to our team. Rebounding was one of the major issues for us last year and somehow we need to fill the hole, sooner than later and if 2pat could help with it, it'd save us money and time to go out looking for someone to do the job.

                        I would still take 2pat over any available free agents out there currently to start at the 4.
                        Last edited by BS10; Wed Jul 8th, 2015, 12:46 AM.
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X