Are we treadmilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I don't think you can ever call a team treadmilling that won 56 games and has most of their core yet to reach their prime. I agree we've reached our ceiling with derozan in his current role. But there's still so much u can do with him. A brilliant trade where he and others bring a great return. Or a different move, whether trade draft or free agent, that relegates him to third or even fourth banana.

I will give Masai a little more time and trust. We HAVE slowly got better since his tenure began
    we have slowly gotten better since casey got here

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

not sure when this is from exactly but yeah... cavaliers are blowing the league away with spending.

let them have their Manchester City moment. Once it happens Dan Gilbert is going to cheap out. book it.
      depends. if after all that spending lebron and co. still bring a profit, personally i would keep paying and trying to win. lebron was smart to make his contract two years. they don't give him what he wants and gone. then all profit drops.

i actually would have guessed the 76ers as the lowest paying team. wow

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        we have slowly gotten better since casey got here
        We have quickly gotten better since Masai got here. Better records, better future, better player development, better overall organization.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          We have quickly gotten better since Masai got here. Better records, better future, better player development, better overall organization.
          i credit both casey and masai for the selection of players and i credit masai and leiweke for the increase in the player development curve.

i firmly believe that this team is on the right track.

Comment

• This team is not treadmilling
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat May 21, 2016, 10:47 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              This team is not a treadmilling
              I hope you're right man, cuz if we ain't moving forward(improving) - We're done. East Conf. is on the rise and in my opinion, it's only a matter of time before NBA East becomes a new West.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                I hope you're right man, cuz if we ain't moving forward(improving) - We're done. East Conf. is on the rise and in my opinion, it's only a matter of time before NBA East becomes a new West.
                East has been on the rise. The East was already better than the West this year. Raptors still had a record season.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

This team is not treadmilling
                  What's our path to improvement next year? Just hope LeBron and Steph stop being LeBron and Steph?

Because I don't see a path to a championship in the short term, so I think we're better off retooling to extend our window.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

East has been on the rise. The East was already better than the West this year. Raptors still had a record season.
                    East was not better than the West. East had a better 'middle' than the West, with some terrible teams as well.

East had 1 top-tier team. West had 3.(potentially 4 with the healthy Clippers)

Comment

no it wasn't.

the west had 2 teams combine to win 140 games, with the 3 and 4 seed winning 55 and 53. of course everyone else's win total in that conference was going to be suppressed a little bit by that

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Id say the one lucky think is that the very best players, minus Lebron and i guess Paul George, are still in the west. Although there are a lot of promising young guys in both conferences.

Yes we've had a great season, but can the team realistically get much better compated to the other teams in the conference?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          What's our path to improvement next year? Just hope LeBron and Steph stop being LeBron and Steph?

Because I don't see a path to a championship in the short term, so I think we're better off retooling to extend our window.
                          I've already said that I believe this the summer Masai uses all his assets to get us a superstar like player. Be it Griffin, Cousins or someone we havent even thought of.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I've already said that I believe this the summer Masai uses all his assets to get us a superstar like player. Be it Griffin, Cousins or someone we havent even thought of.
                            Those guys still aren't better than LeBron and Steph, and take the ball out of Lowry/DeMar's hands. You can't just add their production on top of DeMar's(Lowry can play off-ball), because any possession the ball isn't in DeMar's hands, he isn't effective.

DeMar isn't a great 1st guy on a contender, but he also isn't a great 3rd guy because he needs the ball in his hands. I really think his ceiling is microwave guy off the bench on a contender, because he doesn't really fit any other roles.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

this is the same for 28 teams. that was the same as the dreams ceiling. wait for the best player to leave. the rockets didn't give up and they were rewarded for their patience.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                this is the same for 28 teams. that was the same as the dreams ceiling. wait for the best player to leave. the rockets didn't give up and they were rewarded for their patience.
                                That's why I've been advocating for extending our window around JV. The youngest star we have, with the highest potential. He'll still be in his prime when Steph and LeBron leave theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X