Are we treadmilling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    his playmaking usage is extremely low at 2.3% so its pretty irrelevant. only person lower is biyombo. so i'm not expecting a system where JV passes out of the post for spot up shots any time soon, regardless of whether its going to be to DD or ross or whoever. i don't even know if he can actually do that if it were asked of him anyway.

JV is not a gasol or joakim noah. i don't see him playing the passing game.

but yes i agree the lack of general movement of everyone on the court just exacerbates the entire offensive issue anyway.
    JV is actually a pretty good post passer

Zero off ball movement means lack of opportunity...but we have seen some bullet cross court one handed passes to moving shooters that is on time and on target. Thats tough to do while getting hit (and doubled in some cases)

JV is probably as good as Noah. Dont sleep on him

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
      If The Cavs don't win, do you think LeBron resigns?
      Depends on whether or not he wants to play the villain in Space Jam 2.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

JV is probably as good as Noah. Dont sleep on him
        One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on here, and trust me, there's been a bunch. This is the same board that wanted to trade Lowry for Nick Stauskas last summer.

Comment

• Just a question for those of you advocating letting DeRozan walk etc; are you just ignoring the damage that would do to the club's reputation throughout the league, or do you think it simply doesn't matter?

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
            Just a question for those of you advocating letting DeRozan walk etc; are you just ignoring the damage that would do to the club's reputation throughout the league, or do you think it simply doesn't matter?
            I don't think it really does damage to the club's reputation. It's making a savvy basketball move.

Doing the right thing doesn't become wrong because of what other people think in any walk of life.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              I don't think it really does damage to the club's reputation. It's making a savvy basketball move.

Doing the right thing doesn't become wrong because of what other people think in any walk of life.
              Ya letting Amir walk, a huge fan favorite and a clear staticians wet dream...did zero damage to our reputation

Now let a fan favorite who just laid and egg in the playoffs and is disliked by people who do stats...and I could actually see the opposite fact.

"Toronto Raptors are a very well run organization"

Instead of "LOL Raptors purchase brick house for a 100 million"

Comment

What you call the right thing in this situation is a matter of opinion, not fact. I'd rather call it a big mistake, letting an asset that you've put an enormous amount of time and development into leave without compensation in the misguided belief that somehow the window is down the road another 4 years. Sounds tempting, LeBron is good and Steph is ridiculous and better wait it out. But unless you find the guy that replaces them in that top 5 player category, Kawhi, Anthony Davis, Towns, etc are waiting to fill in those spots. It's always the same problem, whether it's now or it's 4 years from now.

This all comes down to personal preference of course. I'd rather gamble on a team that aims for the conference finals every year and hopes to Mavs it into a Finals while having a ton of assets to upgrade the roster. I'd rather not gamble on the draft in an attempt to see which of the Raptors' current group of youngsters and picks can become the next Bosh, or Bargnani, or DeRozan, or Ross, or JV, etc etc.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  My personal definition of a contender was a team who could reach the conference finals. Because once there, all it takes are a few lucky bouces/breaks to turn a series.

^ The problem with this definition is that I assumed that the final 4 teams would be evenly matched. Although we've made it this far, it's clear to anyone paying attention that the Raptors are no threat to reach the finals without a significant upgrade in talent.

And with DeRozan's max contract looming over our heads, I can't see a realistic scenario where talent infusion is possible.
                  All the more reason to let Lakers sign DD to max contract.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                    Just a question for those of you advocating letting DeRozan walk etc; are you just ignoring the damage that would do to the club's reputation throughout the league, or do you think it simply doesn't matter?
                    Doesn't matter. Results matter.

Comment

• We aren't treadmilling. We have guys like JV who are only going to get better. We have guys like Demar (we will probably resign doesn't matter how you feel). We will stay competitive as a top 4 team in the east all while getting a top 10 pick this year in a decent draft and two draft picks for next year that will allow us to gain someone via trade. I think we are in a very good place to continue organic growth of our baseline core along with good organizational management.

Comment

• so the people who said we were more pathetic than atlanta and detroit. wrong. this team just proved that it has championship potential. it can beat the best of the best, even with significant injuries. demar with his 3rd good game in a row, team playing well. take it away from them and move the bar.

Comment

DeMar isn't a great 1st guy on a contender, but he also isn't a great 3rd guy because he needs the ball in his hands. I really think his ceiling is microwave guy off the bench on a contender, because he doesn't really fit any other roles.
                          Tell us more Obi-Wan

Comment

Working...
                          X