Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain something to me about DJ signing with mavs (raps related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain something to me about DJ signing with mavs (raps related)

People keep saying this hurts our 2017 pick from them. I am just wondering how? How does it make the pick worse?

Their pick is lottery protected. No playoffs, no pick.

Comment

cuz it's lottery protected

Comment

ohhh... I see

Comment

that would suck what chances dj walks?

Comment

Balmer's Clippers aren't missing the playoffs.

Blake's signed through 2017-18, that alone will keep them going strong enough to make the team playoff worthy even if you believe CP3 leaves that year.

Comment

Ya no way CP3 and Blake manage to miss the Playoffs.

Comment

the west is tough lets hope cp/bg best health any idea who they target at C ?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Balmer's Clippers aren't missing the playoffs.

Blake's signed through 2017-18, that alone will keep them going strong enough to make the team playoff worthy even if you believe CP3 leaves that year.
                  This is how I look at it too. If anything, this could allow the Raps to get closer to maximizing the value of that pick by making the Clips just mediocre enough to almost be in the lottery.

Comment

Hopefully LAC get the 8th seed and the pick is in the 19-23 range
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Blake Griffin playing Defense??

Comment

Imo it strengthens the pick.

Changes the Clips from a 55-60 win top 4 seed to a low 50 or even high 40 win 5-8 seed.

Comment

Pick looks really good...

Playoff Teams Last Year are: GSW ... Rockets... Clips... Blazers... Grizz .. Spurs.. Mavs... Pelicans..
                          Likely falloff is Blazers ...
                          In tough to repeat... Pelicans.
                          Outside looking in was: OKC .. Suns...Jazz... Nuggets...Kings ... Lakers.. Wolves..

So... if you believe OKC gets back in again and Portland falls out if LMA leaves...
                          That leaves the Clips to be better than the Pelicans or possibly the Jazz or Suns (if they get LMA) ...

Could be great with the Clips ideally being the 8th seed out west....
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Pick looks really good...

Playoff Teams Last Year are: GSW ... Rockets... Clips... Blazers... Grizz .. Spurs.. Mavs... Pelicans..
                            Likely falloff is Blazers ...
                            In tough to repeat... Pelicans.
                            Outside looking in was: OKC .. Suns...Jazz... Nuggets...Kings ... Lakers.. Wolves..

So... if you believe OKC gets back in again and Portland falls out if LMA leaves...
                            That leaves the Clips to be better than the Pelicans or possibly the Jazz or Suns (if they get LMA) ...

Could be great with the Clips ideally being the 8th seed out west....
                            the 7-8th seed in the West could be 4-5 seed in the East or higher.

Comment

Its still 2 years away. People are forecasting way too early.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X