No announcement yet.

detriot pistons championship team and raptors current roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even think of an active player who is like Sheed?

Anyone? He's a lockdown defensive stretch 4 with the ability to score on the block at an elite level. Can't think of any active player who has his skillset and size.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
      I can't even think of an active player who is like Sheed?

Anyone? He's a lockdown defensive stretch 4 with the ability to score on the block at an elite level. Can't think of any active player who has his skillset and size.
      Healthy Bosh is probably the most similar player in the current league, but Bosh doesn't have the same defensive leadership impact. Sheed was the general on the court defensively, the guy who talked and called out rotations all the time, one of the best ever at that. Bosh is less crazy on offense though (in the good sense).

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Healthy Bosh is probably the most similar player in the current league, but Bosh doesn't have the same defensive leadership impact. Sheed was the general on the court defensively, the guy who talked and called out rotations all the time, one of the best ever at that. Bosh is less crazy on offense though (in the good sense).
        Yeah that is exactly who I was thinking. Sheed had such a good skill set. Give him KGs motor and intensity, and Sheed would easily have been one of the all-time greats.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Individual players its a bit of a reach but u guys can't tell me both teams should be similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't people made this comparison last summer and early in the season this year when everyone was high on MU, Consistency, team Chemistry and ...

I did not see it then and I do not see it now.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              Individual players its a bit of a reach but u guys can't tell me both teams should be similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Similar how?

Great team defence, savy veterans, screen heavy offence and fantastic individual talents.

Our defence and offence looks nothing like them.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Billups, Chauncey kyle lowry
                Hamilton, Richard demar dezoan
                Prince, Tayshaun demaree carrol/ bruno caloclo
                Wallace, Ben bismac biyombo
                Wallace, Rasheed jonas Valanciunas
                Hunter, Lindsey lou williams if we can sign him back
                mike james delon wight

we are getting close to recreating my favorite nba roster of all time their r a few factors tho.
                can jonas be a least be a 15 and 10 guy?
                can he be a weakside shot blocker?

can demar stretch the floor?
                can casey run the right offensive to make up for bismack lack of scoring?

can delon wright defend the perimeter as well as he did in college?

is bruno a nba player?

if we are not the best defensive team in the leage or at least top 5 casey needs to go. no more excuses with this roster
                No.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Goodness gracious I took a double take for a second thinking I'd gone to the wrong site. This is still Raptors Republic right? Has RealGM hijacked the site?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

OP has to be joking

There's no way someone actually believes this team is even close to resembling the Pistons.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yeah no.

Comment

I actually think DeRozan could be a more dangerous version of Rip if he was used in a similar fashion.

As much as people knock DeRozan I think his basketball IQ is actually pretty high (especially on the offensive end). This might not be apparent because he takes quite a lot of bad shots, but it is evident in his ability to create space and use tight spaces to draw fouls without being an elite defender or a superstar athlete (his athleticism is well above-average but not in the same realm as guys like Westbrook, LBJ, etc).

Pistons comparison is a bad one though.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                          I actually think DeRozan could be a more dangerous version of Rip if he was used in a similar fashion.

As much as people knock DeRozan I think his basketball IQ is actually pretty high (especially on the offensive end). This might not be apparent because he takes quite a lot of bad shots, but it is evident in his ability to create space and use tight spaces to draw fouls without being an elite defender or a superstar athlete (his athleticism is well above-average but not in the same realm as guys like Westbrook, LBJ, etc).

Pistons comparison is a bad one though.
                          Actually, DeMar's athleticism isn't that great. He's not particularly explosive or quick, he's just a really good jumper.

EDIT: Basically I'm just saying DeMar isn't even well above average with regards to athleticism, at least to me. He might be just plain above average.

Also, he's not particularly high IQ, he's slightly above average to above average in my books... the man has some attributes, let's not make up new ones.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            Actually, DeMar's athleticism isn't that great. He's not particularly explosive or quick, he's just a really good jumper.

EDIT: Basically I'm just saying DeMar isn't even well above average with regards to athleticism, at least to me. He might be just plain above average.

Also, he's not particularly high IQ, he's slightly above average to above average in my books... the man has some attributes, let's not make up new ones.
                            That was one thing the confused the hell outta me when we drafted DeMar. Everyone said he's a ridiculous athlete but he has pretty bad lateral Quicks for someone who's supposed to be athletic.

Like look at Ross he has insane lateral Quicks for someone who's 6'7" and DeMar is probably average.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Billups, Chauncey kyle lowry
                              Hamilton, Richard demar dezoan
                              Prince, Tayshaun demaree carrol/ bruno caloclo
                              Wallace, Ben bismac biyombo
                              Wallace, Rasheed jonas Valanciunas
                              Hunter, Lindsey lou williams if we can sign him back
                              mike james delon wight

we are getting close to recreating my favorite nba roster of all time their r a few factors tho.
                              can jonas be a least be a 15 and 10 guy?
                              can he be a weakside shot blocker?

can demar stretch the floor?
                              can casey run the right offensive to make up for bismack lack of scoring?

can delon wright defend the perimeter as well as he did in college?

is bruno a nba player?

if we are not the best defensive team in the leage or at least top 5 casey needs to go. no more excuses with this roster
                              I was actually thinking of this comparison after the Biyombo signing. Not exactly player for player as you've broken down, just in terms of the style of play (though the Rip Hamilton - DeMar DeRozan comparison is apt as neither have much 3 range) and the defensive grit and grind style.

Comment

Working...
                              X