Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think this team has an urgent need in PF position ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this team has an urgent need in PF position ?

With all the talks about starting PF for this team, some fans are saying that 2Pat as a starter will be ok. I am just wondering what percentage of RR feel that way and what percentage feel like we have a real need for that position right now.

Edit:

I see that there was some confusion about the poll and the question. I guess the better question is:

In order to achieve more than what we did last year, which means winning a play off series, Does this team need a starting Caliber PF ?
    Yes, since 2Pat is not a starting Caliber PF
    77.27%
    No, Combination of 2Pat, Carroll and Bebe will be enough
    22.73%
    Last edited by McRealistic; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 02:15 PM.

I see your poll question as different than your OP title.

Yes, we need a starting caliber PF, but there isn't an "urgent need" since this team isn't that close to contending. I'm fine rolling PP out on day one rather than overpay to fill the spot (as urgent need might suggest).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

To win a championship next year then definitely have a major issue.

To keep flexibility, while being good enough to make a potential run? I think we're ok. Could be a good excuse to get some minutes for Bebe and Bruno at the 4 this year when they aren't with the 905.

I think the lineup as is could still win 45 games this year if things go their way. More if we see some progress with JV and Ross off the bench, plus they'll be a lot better suited for playoff ball.

Still think Masai is going to play the long game until he can get a top tier talent locked down. Building a team that pretty much any top tier star could play with

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        I see your poll question as different than your OP title.

Yes, we need a starting caliber PF, but there isn't an "urgent need" since this team isn't that close to contending. I'm fine rolling PP out on day one rather than overpay to fill the spot (as urgent need might suggest).
        Basically how I feel.

Comment

of course we do....PP is not a starting calibre PF and more needed off the bench...MU needs to work his magic on a Faried/Gibson/Lee/Henson or any other noted available PG trade asap

Comment

Question Updated ...

Comment

It is july 6

Nothing urgent at this time

Comment

I agree that there is another way to look at this (was going to post in the PF thread). The question is not who do we want for PF, rather, what are we looking for in a PF? Yes, the fantasy of LMA would have been nice but having an all star at every position is not something many teams can afford. Point guard is strong with good depth. SG is strong with good depth (putting ross back to his natural position). SF is strong with some depth (JJ?). Centre is strong with some depth. You can see where this is going. With some (possible starting quality) depth in PP, what do we really need out of our starting 4? I'm not sure if I know the answer but it might be getting someone who is more of a place holder and then make finding a PF, next year's goal.

Comment

PF is clearly our weakest position. Landing another PF (whether a starter: TJones or bench: JThompson) should be the next thing on Masais to do list.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure if I know the answer but it might be getting someone who is more of a place holder and then make finding a PF, next year's goal.
                    Actually the question is all about achieving more than what we did last year. Can we make the 2nd round of play offs with 2Pat being our starting PF ? I think the answer is NO.

Comment

We aren't winning no championship next year, so no we don't have any urgency for a real PF.

Alternatively, I think we can easily wait next year until the draft and get a starting caliber PF through that way and use 2pat as a plug for now at the 4. We have 6 drafts picks in the next 2 years, we're bound to get one through the draft.
                      Last edited by BS10; Mon Jul 6, 2015, 02:34 PM.
                      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                        Actually the question is all about achieving more than what we did last year. Can we make the 2nd round of play offs with 2Pat being our starting PF ? I think the answer is NO.
                        I think with the changes made so far, we are better suited to the playoffs than last year. We may even win a round depending on the matchup.

Of course all this is dependent on Casey not being a complete knob and doing things like rolling out an all guard lineup.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

We should be extremely dangerous with Patterson in the starting lineup. We'd still need a veteran backup though, Casey isn't going to want to count on Bebe, Bruno, and JJ there. A trade for a starter might be nice, but we can also just sign a veteran for now - Boozer works. One just has to choose the right time to consolidate.

Comment

Need, yes. Urgent, no.

I say we give 2Pat his chance to show that he's an NBA starter quality PF. He believes he is a starter and I love it when guys play with something to prove. Re-sign Hans as the backup / platoon starter, with Carroll/JJ for small ball and then re-evaluate up to and until the trade deadline. I don't like the idea of signing "the best PF currently available", just because it's the off-season.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                              I think the more urgent need is to move away from a ISO heavy attack that depends on one of four players driving, getting fouled, taking a contested shot or occasionally passing to a open man. 2 of those 4 are gone, and we have brought in multiple upgrades defensively. If we continue to play the same style, then I agree with you, and we desperately need a Tristan Thompson type player. If we change our offensive game even a little, than there is a pretty good chance we can win a first round depending on matchups. Biggest worries are Love, Millsap, Bosh and Pau and only one of those is a traditional PF in their systems which would make having Patterson guard them worrisome. Plus, each of those teams have better players at other positions. We do have a need no doubt, but I think we can get by with another minor signing.

Comment

Working...
                              X