Who is that Paul Pierce type vet we could get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is that Paul Pierce type vet we could get

I was thinking Kevin Garnett seems like the perfect fit for us, as a backup PF. But all reports say he is for sure re-signing with the t-wolves.

Our own players said a part of why Washington beat us is because we needed a Paul Pierce proven vet/champion leader on this team. Is there any out there we could look to get?

Vince Carter
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

there are no current free agent killers available
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

not sure Vince fits that champion leader role. maybe tho? you think they would try and get him?

Clearly Masai is making moves on Casey's behalf with a big shift to defensive minded players.

Will he make a move that his players basically asked for & bring in this champion/vet experienced leader? I'd love to see it

Comment

Boozer is the closest thing I've heard to a veteran former star-type that is realistic.

Comment

How about Marcus Camby the OG Rap of Raps
            #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post

Our own players said a part of why Washington beat us is because we had a player on our team named James Johnson who was signed especially for this to stop and defend against those type of player's but our inept coach did not use him for such
              Fixed.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Fixed.
                I'm sure that single handedly got us swept lol. Regardless the coach is still here, would be nice to get a guy like that since the players openly said they could use it

Comment

This would have been a good thread before free agency started.. now that the Raps only have maybe $4M to spend (and that's only if all their contracts were back loaded) - there is not much available.

You need a grizzled vet that either made it to the third/fourth rounds. David West I guess is the closest, but he's with SA. Carter hasn't really that much playoff experience. He's a grizzled vet but he's not really a guy with that playoff pedigree that you'd be looking for. KG is definitely staying with Minny... I see him as a part time owner/front office guy once he retires.

Comment

DeMarre Carroll might become that guy. Did you see they intensity he played with against Cleveland in the playoffs? When they had their backs against the wall, he looked mad about it.

Comment

How about Dorell Wright?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm not much of an NBA follower outside of the raps so I don't even know this player that well. But what about trading for Udonis Haslem

Comment

Udonis leaving Miami is unheard of, the Miami organization and fanbase have great admiration for Haslem. That is the reason took a salary hit 6 years ago to keep Haslem.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                            Udonis leaving Miami is unheard of, the Miami organization and fanbase have great admiration for Haslem. That is the reason took a salary hit 6 years ago to keep Haslem.
                            Kk. Thought I'd ask. So would have to be a get player with just 1 nba championship. Or none, but lots of playoff experience
                            Last edited by CashGameND; Tue Jul 7, 2015, 03:59 PM.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              Vince Carter
                              VC would actually make a lot of sense but it won't happen. The next time VC wears a Raptors uniform will be at the press conference for a one-day contract so he can retire as a Rap.

Comment

Working...
                              X