Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CashGameND
    replied
    wow that'd be so sick. seems like more of an in season trade deadline type deal tho, if the mav's aren't in the race & we are. We certainly have some great assets in draft picks we could move. and just give them 1 or 2 of our contracts & we could take on dirk's salary, since its so cheap

Leave a comment:

• symbot
    replied
    Katman wrote: View Post
    They might to tank far enough down that they don't need to give up their pick next year, its lottery protected below 7
    They are talking about it in the Dallas media:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...se-history.ece

The way to do it is to reach out to Dirk directly through Casey and see if he would consider it.

Dirk signed for 3-years for way below market value last season so Dallas could chase free agents. They owe him, and if he wants to chase a title somewhere else I think they would let him go.

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Dallas will never trade Dirk
    They might to tank far enough down that they don't need to give up their pick next year, its lottery protected below 7

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    symbot wrote: View Post

Call Dallas about Dirk Nowitzki right now...

Logic:

1) The Mavs will be looking to tank now that they've been DJ'd

2) Dirk is 37 and Mavs know he should not be part of a tank job
    3) Casey was formerly a Mavs guy
    4) The Raps could be an Eastern Conference contender with Nowitzki

5) Blake's post says the Raps can bring in some more salary in a trade...

Dirk will make $8.3 million in 2015-16. First proposal to Dallas: JJ, Bebe and Ridnour's contract for Dirk.
    Dallas will never trade Dirk

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    MU chose Scola as our Pierce type vet...

Leave a comment:

• symbot
    replied

Call Dallas about Dirk Nowitzki right now...

Logic:

1) The Mavs will be looking to tank now that they've been DJ'd

2) Dirk is 37 and Mavs know he should not be part of a tank job
    3) Casey was formerly a Mavs guy
    4) The Raps could be an Eastern Conference contender with Nowitzki

5) Blake's post says the Raps can bring in some more salary in a trade...

Dirk will make $8.3 million in 2015-16. First proposal to Dallas: JJ, Bebe and Ridnour's contract for Dirk.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Between JV, BB and BeBe, I don't think we need another C. But I see some of our bench wing depth outgoing in a trade for a PF, so Dorrell Wright makes a ton of sense.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I think Joel Anthony could fill the Chuck Hayes-sized hole we will have for sure, and I think Dorrell Wright would also be a great pick up.

Leave a comment:

• Prophet2k
    replied
    Joel Anthony is exactly the guy that I came up with, not that it would be my ideal get but that they could get...He's a free agent, Canadian, gots rings and could slot into the now vacant chuck-wagon role, the short and stout big of last resort...Unfortunately I think it is more of a future HOF type guy who commands unquestioned respect that they need, such guys have been retiring in bunches lately and they just aren't available.
    Last edited by Prophet2k; Wed Jul 8, 2015, 08:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CashGameND
    replied
    Euro Slow Car wrote: View Post
    *Beep beep*

Uros Slokar is available for the right price!

*Vrooooooooooooom*
    Based on my Google search.. I'll take him for c/pf depth. But I don't think he fills this role lol

Leave a comment:

• Euro Slow Car
    replied
    *Beep beep*

Uros Slokar is available for the right price!

*Vrooooooooooooom*

Leave a comment:

• CashGameND
    replied
    We already have a 3rd string pg in wright

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Maybe instead of a Paul Pierce type proven leader, we should get a Tom Thibodeau type proven leader?

Leave a comment:

• breakin_ankles
    replied
    We can't find anybody like Paul Pierce.. Clutch, playoff tested, rotation ready with champion pedigree.
    However I like the idea of Andre Miller, I read he is visiting teams looking for a vet combo guard. We could use a third string pg to mentor and he is a crafty motherfucker

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    LeBron seems like a good fit, he's still a free agent
    And we still have some cap space. Oh the pressure of waiting. I think his decision will be between us and the Cavs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X