Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Seemed more likely when Colangelo was in charge, in my opinion.
    that would have been 3-4 years at $6-10M lol

Comment

• is there a case for starting him over 2pat?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        is there a case for starting him over 2pat?
        No.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          No.
          why not even for 20 minutes a game don't change the minute distribution just him starting.

Comment

why not even for 20 minutes a game don't change the minute distribution just him starting.
            whats the point?
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Well, let's see. He's a high usage post up and passing big man who is mostly effective as an offence initiator. DD and Lowry are most effective as offence initiators. He doesn't really have range anymore, so he clogs up the paint, where DD and JV are most effective. He's a solid rebounder, so that's good, but overlaps with the very good rebounding we get from the 3 and 5 spot already in that lineup, so that strength would be mitigated somewhat.

Plus it's Luis freaking Scola and Patterson has earned a shot at the starting lineup over Luis Scola, nevermind that he fits almost infinitely better with the rest of the starters.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Well, let's see. He's a high usage post up and passing big man who is mostly effective as an offence initiator. DD and Lowry are most effective as offence initiators. He doesn't really have range anymore, so he clogs up the paint, where DD and JV are most effective. He's a solid rebounder, so that's good, but overlaps with the very good rebounding we get from the 3 and 5 spot already in that lineup, so that strength would be mitigated somewhat.

Plus it's Luis freaking Scola and Patterson has earned a shot at the starting lineup over Luis Scola, nevermind that he fits almost infinitely better with the rest of the starters.
                I don't think rebounding works like that. By suggesting an overlap I think the assumption is that JV or DC would otherwise get the rebounds that Scola gets if he wasn't in the game. And of course that isn't the case, there are guys from the other team trying to suck up those rebounds.

I don't think you can have too much rebounding. That is not to say that I think Scola should start, I think 2Pat should be given the opportunity given our current mix at the 4.

I'm hoping that 2Pat can be a better rebounder given more responsibility. It just takes discipline (in addition to talent). To box out every time when the ball goes up, to fight for positioning, not half of the time, or most of the time, every time. If 2Pat can do that then he could at least improve at it.

I do like the competitive nature of the team we're building with Cojo, Demarre and Scola... I'm hoping that kind of work ethic, professionalism and commitment to defence / rebounding / elevated compete level will be contagious.

Comment

Scola can still hit a mid range jumper pretty well.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Scola can still hit a mid range jumper pretty well.
                    Yeah? Last year he shot .386 from midrange. Far below his career average of .442 from there.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      I don't think rebounding works like that. By suggesting an overlap I think the assumption is that JV or DC would otherwise get the rebounds that Scola gets if he wasn't in the game. And of course that isn't the case, there are guys from the other team trying to suck up those rebounds.

I don't think you can have too much rebounding. That is not to say that I think Scola should start, I think 2Pat should be given the opportunity given our current mix at the 4.

I'm hoping that 2Pat can be a better rebounder given more responsibility. It just takes discipline (in addition to talent). To box out every time when the ball goes up, to fight for positioning, not half of the time, or most of the time, every time. If 2Pat can do that then he could at least improve at it.

I do like the competitive nature of the team we're building with Cojo, Demarre and Scola... I'm hoping that kind of work ethic, professionalism and commitment to defence / rebounding / elevated compete level will be contagious.
                      I'm not saying the rebounding wouldn't improve. I'm just saying you take a guy that was rebounding 26% of defensive rebounds beside a crippled Amir and another guy who was rebounding 26% beside Roy Hibbert and put them beside eachother, they aren't going to be getting 52% of total rebounds by themselves. There is a certain element of overlap - yes, overall the rebounding would be better, but not by as much as their individual rebounding rates would suggest. I'm saying that upside is limited, not that there isn't any upside at all. And since it is probably the only upside to starting him, having it limited in that way is less than ideal.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Euro Slow Car wrote: View Post
                        "An astonishing fact is that the vast majority of the wealthy come from middle-class or working-class backgrounds"
                        Bullshit. The vast majority of the wealthy come from wealthy backgrounds, this has been studied exensively and is a well know fact. If your "Dr. James Grubman" actually exists, he is a quack, and the only awards he would have won are butt-kissing awards.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                          Bullshit. The vast majority of the wealthy come from wealthy backgrounds, this has been studied exensively and is a well know fact. If your "Dr. James Grubman" actually exists, he is a quack, and the only awards he would have won are butt-kissing awards.
                          To be fair, I'm almost certain the truth of either of your statements would depend heavily on how one defines "wealthy."

Plus he's already driven away so you're shouting at the wind.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

To be fair, I'm almost certain the truth of either of your statements would depend heavily on how one defines "wealthy."

How embarrassing
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yeah? Last year he shot .386 from midrange. Far below his career average of .442 from there.
                              Ooo good to know.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

No, it doesn't. Social mobility is a well studied field. Google it if you like. No matter how you define wealthy, you are most likely to die in the same strata you where born in. Unless perhaps you defined wealthy in terms of love or friendship or some other equivical way.

Good riddance to slow car.

Comment

Working...
                                X