Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pickup for that deal.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      Good pickup for that number.

McBob was available @ 5M

Comment

Patterson better play his mind out.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

First, awesome signing - better than Boozer, veteran frontcourt guy that will be a nice tandem with Biyombo off the bench.

Second, at 3 mill think that leaves room to hang onto Nando's rights?

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            I have no issues with PPat starting actually. He rebounded very well. I would like to see how our defensive schemes work next year. I do think Pat has the potential to be draymond esque
            How????

All pat does is shoot 3s and scramble around because he's very mobile
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
              McBob was available @ 5M
              And he still will be. Neither are long term answers at PF and one you'd need to give up assets for.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I'm very afraid of 2pat starting at PF, he's just too soft and he's gonna be killed by starting caliber PF's
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Carroll, CoJo, Wright, Scola, Biyombo, and Powell. Pretty fucking good offseason if you ask me.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                    Good pickup for that deal.

I like that deal. Short-term + cheap. Well done Masai!
                    #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

CoJo
                      Ross
                      JJ
                      Scola
                      Biyombo

That squad looks pretty legit to me.

Delon
                      ???
                      Daniels
                      Bruno
                      Bebe

Do we still have a roster spot to add Dorrell Wright for the vet's min?

Comment

Scola is a surprisingly good rebounder, leading the Pacers with 11.4 per 36 minutes and in RB% at 17.5. He is another jump shooter, so his FG% is only .474, low for a power forward. He is also somewhat prone to turnovers and personal fouls. But he did have a good two years on the Pacers, who paid him handsomely for his services.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2015.html
                        Last edited by caccia; Thu Jul 9, 2015, 01:31 AM.

Comment

He's the best of what's out there. I was hoping that they could work a trade, but happy to hear that they picked up Scola. The team needs as many vets as they can get. My only concern is that this feels a lot like last year when the Raps needed a starting SF and Masai grabbed a solid bench SF (JJ) and drafted a couple SFs who weren't ready. Is Pat pat going to be ready? and does this mean both Psycho T and Chuckwagon are gone?

Comment

I like Scola in a limited role with limited responsibilities

I think people expected too much from him

Comment

Scola is a great rebounder and also a very effective passer for a bigman. Solid pickup. It's the first move of the summer that doesn't really have much "upside" but I think he's definitely an upgrade on Hansbrough. I think we're worse at PF though as things currently stand.

Comment

I don't know why everyone's shocked that we couldn't get a starting caliber PF this offseason. Whoever thought we could fix starting SF AND PF in ONE offseason is crazy. We don't have the assets or money to do that unless we broke up the core. And Masai has kind of made it clear many times he wasn't doing that. If you really thought Terrence Ross who is shit and coming back from injury as well as JJ would get you a Terrence Jones or any of those other guys you guys have been talking about you're out of your mind. I trust Masai tried everything to get one through trade but it obviously wouldn't have worked with the assets we were willing to give up. Also Masai wasn't going to give up an draft picks unless it was a really really good player. He LOVES his draft picks. I like the signing and I think Patterson will be good enough for this upcoming season. Trust me we will get a starting PF next offseason. Maybe at the deadline if need be.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X