No announcement yet.

Everything Luis Scola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not like Amir was a good defensive rebounder anyway. He fell off hard in that category. But he was never that good to begin with. Still better than PPatt but we improved our rebounding at the SF position to make up for it.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Oh ya, congrats to Scola for signing with our team!

#WeDaNorf
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

A vet with more skill than Hayes, though has less strength.

Comment

No one's shocked.

We all knew that getting a decent PF would involve a first round pick. What we couldn't predict was the flip-flop that DJ had with going to the Mavs. If he DID go to the Mavs potentially the value of that pick would be at risk because of all the protections on it, meaning the only way to get value from it would be to use it in a trade.

But DJ exercised his rights as a free agent and returned to the Clips, maintaining the value of the pick and making the rational step for Masai to keep it.

Many of us didn't even suggest trading Ross. Off the bench he now has a clear role. Same with JJ since Caroll is coming. The intrigue was if the Ridnour contract and a draft pick would pique interest from a team with something like 5 PFs. I wasn't picky, but many hoped for Jones. That's all it was, a hope. I think you're misconstruing that for some reason.

Comment

"to any Raptors fans watching, you'll love Luis. loved him as a Pacer here in Indiana. definitely on the back end of his career, not very athletic, but if you appreciate hustle and hard work, you'll love him. he may not always produce at a high level, but he will ALWAYS be playing hard.

oh, and he's a massive improvement over Tyler Hansbrough. you'll notice that pretty quickly, just as us Pacer fans did".

For those of you who think Psycho T is so much better. Tyler has like no coordination. Scola has so much more skill. I don't understand you people.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with this move. Zero downside and he is a solid bench PF. People around this forum always demand these huge sexy trades but they just come around often. We are not going to win the 'chip next year no matter what PF we could get. Let's keep getting momentum each year, win more games and have a winning team to cheer for.

Comment

Who's ready for patterson-scola in crunch time??
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  LOL Oh we better all get ready cause trust me it's gonna happen. Casey is just a mess. That's who we should all be worried about not the players lol. We aren't going anywhere with Casey at the helm.

Comment

Everyone better be ready.

Scola 4 small ball C!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      No one's shocked.
                      Yeah there's a big difference between hopes and expectations.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Carroll, CoJo, Wright, Scola, Biyombo, and Powell. Pretty fucking good offseason if you ask me.
                        BUT. ....still DC. You have to take the bad with the good.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          BUT. ....still DC. You have to take the bad with the good.
                          Lol exactly.

Comment

I like the addition. Scola is a good shooter and well passer/rebounder for the minutes from the bench. Personally I would have kept Psycho T, but i'm ok with Luis.

It's for a me a sign that PP will start at the 4 next season and I can live with that. The Combos PP/JV and Scola/Biyombo will give us shooting/defense/rebounding and that is what we need.

A very good offseason so far from Masai. I´m not a big fan of DC either, but let`s look what he and Masai can bring to the table

Whizzy

Comment

"Coach, why was Luis Scola at center for the end of the 4th quarter instead of JV?"

"*mumble mumble* mobility..."
                              OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                                "Coach, why was Luis Scola at center for the end of the 4th quarter instead of JV?"

"*mumble mumble* mobility..."
                                LMAO that's the thing, he can't really say mobility like he usually does because Scola is slower than JV. At least JV is good at altering shots. So that might save us from seeing too much small ball with Scola. Casey is an idiot though so even though logically it makes no sense he won't see that. When we go small ball, as long as James Johnson is one of the bigs I'm good. He's agile, is really good at contesting perimeter shots and shots in the paint and he's a decent enough rebounder with his strength and athleticism. I would rather see him and Patterson anyday than Patterson and Scola.

Comment

Working...
                                X