• Starting 5 next season?

Assuming the roster stays the same. Here's what i'd like to see:

C - Valanciunas
    PF - James Johnson
    SF - Carroll
    SG - DeRozan
    PG - Lowry
    Mamba Mentality

How on earth would JJ go from DNP-CD to starting?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

No way Johnson starts, we need to balance the floor with some spacing. Patterson or Scola will be the starter at the 4.

I would like to see JJ get some regular time at the 4 spot though.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...n-at-the-four/
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think Patterson gets the starting nod, with Scola off the bench as the primary 4, and JJ playing the 4 when the bench goes small (Wright-CoJo-Ross-JJ-BB).
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What I would like to see:

JV, Scola, Carroll, DD, Lowry

What I see happening:

JV, Carroll, Ross, DD, Lowry

Comment

It sounds like Casey is leaning towards starting Scola. That or he tipped MU's working on bringing in a starting PF. Either way how is Casey still not fired?
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i think patterson starts at the beginning of the season, but theres definitely a possibility that scola takes his job.

i wish jj would just learn the big mans game though. instead of working on his shooting he should learn to set picks and box his man out. he's be awesome as a fast 4
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  It sounds like Casey is leaning towards starting Scola. That or he tipped MU's working on bringing in a starting PF. Either way how is Casey still not fired?
                  "starting PF"

Comment

Also playing JJ at the 4 is really not small ball. He's bigger than Patterson

Playing a 6'9" 250lbs guy at PF shouldn't be considered small ball.

I remember that Clippers game when JJ came in and completely shut down Blake Griffin, That's something Patterson cannot ever do.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Also playing JJ at the 4 is really not small ball. He's bigger than Patterson

Playing a 6'9" 250lbs guy at PF shouldn't be considered small ball.

I remember that Clippers game when JJ came in and completely shut down Blake Griffin, That's something Patterson cannot ever do.
                      My only worry is: Can JJ rebound like a PF?
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        I believe he can, JJ is a hard nosed guy and if he was told he needs to grab 8+ boards a night he could probably do it.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          They have enough other good rebounders on the floor. He can box out JV can get rebounds and demarre is a decent rebounder Demar isn't bad either nor is kyle.

Comment

JJ should be starting based on the roster...Carroll is capable of spacing the floor and if Casey is willing for a fresh start with JJ then good for them, JJ on the floor makes the team better.

Comment

Casey says he sees Patterson coming off the bench which means either Scola or JJ is starting, or we have another move on the horizon
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X