X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Yeah like idk they didn't make any significant acquisitions.

Afflalo still has a rep for being a good defender for some reason when he isn't one. He's just a very good jumpshooter (from mid-range, deep mid-range and 3).

Any Raptors fan trying to hype up Calderon must've been in a coma from ~2008-2012. He's a backup level PG. Love the guy but he's not good, plus he's like what 34 now?

Lopez is a solid center but he was on a really, really good Blazers team last year. Idk what his impact will be on a much weaker team.

Their only hope to significantly improve is if Porzingis just turns out to be a high impact rookie right off the bat which is extremely unlikely.
    Galloway is probably their starter instead of Calderon, unless he regresses.

Leave a comment:

• Kuh
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Only way is if lebron gets hurt for 20 or more games he's been remarkably durable, its bound to happen.
    It's possible that Cleveland's ranking in the SI figures is affected by the fact that they don't have contracts yet with Tristan Thompson and JR Smith, who were two key contributors to their success last year.

Cleveland without TT is significantly weaker than Cleveland with.

Leave a comment:

• CT2010
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    Possibly, but I dont think they are done yet, they will add a bit more.

And if Melo is healthy and his head is on right he can win ALOT of games on his own.

Lopez is a very good center, OQuinn is gonna have a good year there, If Afflalo finds his shot and Jose stays healthy that team contends for PLayoffs imo.

Jose
    Afflalo
    Melo
    OQuinn
    Lopez
    Really?? What has stopped him up until this point then? He is a selfish blackhole of an athlete and always has been. He is not LeBron dominant which you seem to need to be to win games on your own.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    We're all so focused on NYK it would be just our luck if Denver pulled a stealth playoff run out of their asses... Mike Malone is a good coach, people are sleeping on Nurkic, and Gallo has had another summer to recover. Mudiay's looked good and who knows maybe they can snag an asset from Lawson.

I'll pray for a top 15 pick and Masai being a great scout and anything other than that is gravy.
    I like Malone but he is a really traditional coach. He won't be running a D'Antoni or Karl offense that wins by chucking and hoping for the best. Nuggets will struggle to score while he teaches Mudiuay and Nurkic how to play. He got fired just as pieces were coming together

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    We're all so focused on NYK it would be just our luck if Denver pulled a stealth playoff run out of their asses... Mike Malone is a good coach, people are sleeping on Nurkic, and Gallo has had another summer to recover. Mudiay's looked good and who knows maybe they can snag an asset from Lawson.

I'll pray for a top 15 pick and Masai being a great scout and anything other than that is gravy.
    Ah, the lowered expectations strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm trying so hard not to get too excited about this. It's the Raptors. Something will go wrong.

That's what I told my wife last night and she told me I had a huge smile on my face. Must temper expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Katman
    replied
    What's Tanya Harding doing these days?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    NFL. Not F€CKN LIKELY

NO WAY CAVS DONT GET #1 SEED
    Only way is if lebron gets hurt for 20 or more games he's been remarkably durable, its bound to happen.

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    NFL. Not F€CKN LIKELY

NO WAY CAVS DONT GET #1 SEED

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    In all honesty.....

I don't think were that far off if Casey gets his act together and we stop going full-on ISO ball.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Imo the only team worse than the Knicks in the east is Philly.

Melo is a bonafide star but he's not gonna carry scrubs to a lot of wins lol. Especially if he's not motivated.

Kobe, who was better than Melo, and had every bit of motivation to prove he could win without Shaq, only won 34 games in 04-05 with much better players (Odom and Butler) by his side.

Hard for guys like Kobe and to a greater extent Melo to carry poor rosters to a lot of wins because their games don't really make their teammates better. Aside from drawing defensive attention. They can be devastatingly awesome on good teams though.
    I bet Philly beats the Knicks in the season 2-1 or 3-0! Okafor + Noel are gonna crush Melo's knickerboxers

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    I agree. Lowry will be injured, it's inevitable.
    We will make the poffs at the bottom of the standings.
    Play a good 1st round and lose.

Casey will not be renewed.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Now I'm going to keep this post and brag about it next year.
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    hahaha

Yeah sure....

As long as we maintain iso heavy in iour offense with Demar being the main catalyst we may see regualr season success but we will remain a one and done.

And Lowry will get injured this season, it is bound to happen, and even though he played WAY over his head the last 2 years, he will luckily be replaced by Cujo.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post
    How crazy would it be if we got 1st in the conference, the second round (and possibly the conference finals), and a top 3 pick?
    Raptor fans everywhere would jizz their pants if that were to happened, Masai would be worshipped like a God and would be called the Masaiyah lol.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Bandit wrote: View Post
    I would get a Masai jersey made, no question in my mind
    And we would know for certain that.....

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    BS10 wrote: View Post
    I like the optimism of this thread but let's not get our hopes up.
    Half of me thinks the .500 shit-show from the second half of last season will just continue with a couple new faces in the band. The other half is pretty optimistic that they'll take another step forward.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X