Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash
    replied
    Imo the only team worse than the Knicks in the east is Philly.

Melo is a bonafide star but he's not gonna carry scrubs to a lot of wins lol. Especially if he's not motivated.

Kobe, who was better than Melo, and had every bit of motivation to prove he could win without Shaq, only won 34 games in 04-05 with much better players (Odom and Butler) by his side.

Hard for guys like Kobe and to a greater extent Melo to carry poor rosters to a lot of wins because their games don't really make their teammates better. Aside from drawing defensive attention. They can be devastatingly awesome on good teams though.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Imo the following teams are just clearcut better than the Knicks:

Cleveland
    Atlanta
    Chicago
    Toronto
    Milwaukee
    Washington
    Boston
    Indiana
    Miami

That's 9 teams. Then you've basically got them fighting with Detroit, Orlando, Brooklyn which imo all have more talent than the Knicks do.
    8-10 that is what I said.

Boston is questionable, they haven't a talent Like Melo.

Indiana is questionable as well, they are far from a complete team imo, further away than NYK

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Ha! Not a chance. But nice to see!

Even nicer to see?

27. New York Knicks 28.0
    28. Denver Nuggets 29.6

29. Minnesota Timberwolves 23.5
    30. Philadelphia 76ers 23.2

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    I'd bet they are 11th or worse in the East.
    Agreed. Imo the following teams are just clearcut better than the Knicks:

Cleveland
    Atlanta
    Chicago
    Toronto
    Milwaukee
    Washington
    Boston
    Indiana
    Miami

That's 9 teams. Then you've basically got them fighting with Detroit, Orlando, Brooklyn which imo all have more talent than the Knicks do.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    The only numbers on that list that look totally wonky to me are Cleveland at 51 and Boston at 47. Although I do think that we're going to begin to see a real decline from Lebron next season...but SI wasn't making their predictions based on anything like that, so it's hard to say how their 51 makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Yup
    Ben. Simmons.

Leave a comment:

• Snooch
    replied
    Possibly, but I dont think they are done yet, they will add a bit more.

And if Melo is healthy and his head is on right he can win ALOT of games on his own.

Lopez is a very good center, OQuinn is gonna have a good year there, If Afflalo finds his shot and Jose stays healthy that team contends for PLayoffs imo.

Jose
    Afflalo
    Melo
    OQuinn
    Lopez

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    You're being awfully optimistic I think.
    It happens bi-weekly

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure what gets me more giddy...

Projections showing Raps finishing 1st in east or Knicks finishing 4th last OVERALL.

At this point regular season means jack.

I said last year, in preseason and very early, the year was a failure without a playoff series win. They couldn't even must A win.

Same goes this year....no playoffs series win, wasted season.

If they can get some on and off ball movement
    while returning to a top 10 D.....that will be tough to stop.
    You're being awfully optimistic I think.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Snooch wrote: View Post
    New York isnt finishing that low either, they will be 8-10 seed in the east.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    I could see the Raps winning 52, but I don't think that's enough to win the east. Cleveland wins close to 60 next year imo.
    I was surprised to see the Top in East at just 52 as well. But hey, it's just a mathematical exercise.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I'm not sure what gets me more giddy...

Projections showing Raps finishing 1st in east or Knicks finishing 4th last OVERALL.

At this point regular season means jack.

I said last year, in preseason and very early, the year was a failure without a playoff series win. They couldn't even must A win.

Same goes this year....no playoffs series win, wasted season.

If they can get some on and off ball movement while returning to a top 10 D.....that will be tough to stop.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    The next time you post "Demar" in a non-Demar thread, I'm banning you for 24 hours.
    Seriously, and i thought I talked about DD too much.

I could see the Raps winning 52, but I don't think that's enough to win the east. Cleveland wins close to 60 next year imo.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    Are they taking into account Melo's injury? Melo's WS total was affected by that was it not?
    FROM SI
    "I also projected how superstars returning from injuries (Kevin Durant, Paul George, Carmelo Anthony) could affect the playoff race by extrapolating their Win Shares in the limited time they played last year to a “healthy” season."
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Mindlessness
    replied
    With a 2.74 win margin of error since 1962.

2.74 win margin likely bumps Raps to 3rd (Cleveland up, then either Chicago or Atlanta jumps us).

2.74 win margin still keeps NYK as a top 6 pick.
    Are they taking into account Melo's injury? Melo's WS total was affected by that was it not?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X