Early Projection of 2015-16 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JWash wrote: View Post
    Yeah you would effectively be using Jonas as a "6th man" while giving him the opportunity to get more minutes and touches.

Unfortunately Casey will likely assign this role to Scola (at the 5 spot) :facepalm:
    I think he'll do the same but I feel like we should really give him a chance to show what he can do.

In the NBA coaches are not really XOs guys, but more motivators/ego managers. If you watch open gym, I feel like casey does that pretty well.

If you can motivate a guy to play, and bring out the best in him, you can create a team that's better than the sum of its parts. We've already seen this in Casey's squads.

Unfortunately after his recent interview, we've all seen he's a bit boneheaded when it comes to basketball XOs. I really hope someone comes and flattens the coaching hierarchy to the point where casey is just the guy who yells "hands" and talks to the media (if possible, bring back sterner for that actually).
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      I think he'll do the same but I feel like we should really give him a chance to show what he can do.

In the NBA coaches are not really XOs guys, but more motivators/ego managers. If you watch open gym, I feel like casey does that pretty well.

If you can motivate a guy to play, and bring out the best in him, you can create a team that's better than the sum of its parts. We've already seen this in Casey's squads.

Unfortunately after his recent interview, we've all seen he's a bit boneheaded when it comes to basketball XOs. I really hope someone comes and flattens the coaching hierarchy to the point where casey is just the guy who yells "hands" and talks to the media (if possible, bring back sterner for that actually).
      So what you're telling me is that Casey is Masai's puppet? Get the F@&% out of here!!!?!!
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
        So what you're telling me is that Casey is Masai's puppet? Get the F@&% out of here!!!?!!
        Not really... Don't know where you read that
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Not really... Don't know where you read that
          Thought you were implying it... must have misread but its late, time for me to call it a night.
          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

0-82
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The East is tricky to predict for me. The Bucks have the development on MCW, Giannis, Middleton and Jabari Parker, so I think they will be a lot better than their RPM suggests. Also teams like the Magic, Pistons and Washington could progress. I dont think any of these teams (except the Bucks perhaps) would have a better record than the Raps but I think they will end up better than projected. The Wiz are funny because aside froma few guys they are pretty old, so who knows how they progress.

I apologize if I am bringing up old info because I didnt read all the posts. Also, thanks Dan for the post!

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                0-82
                Is the opposing team's record versus the Raptors in 2015-2016
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Snooch: "Wow such dreamers. If the pick is top 10 I will be very surprised.
                  KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  You must surprise easy.
                  Haha love the troll callouts - its probable that one of these two picks fall somewhat toward the mean (read end of lottery) based on probability alone. If you own a team's pick it's somewhat likely they succeed or fail compared to a set expectation but for two (or 3 or so on) independant teams to both fail or both succeed compared to expectations is considerably less likely. It's most likely outcome that one of these teams do better than expected and one worse.

Non-elite NBA teams have wide margins between floor and ceiling - Examples:
                  - 17 win difference between 2 similar Knicks squads in 2012-13 and 2013-14
                  - pre/post Rudy Gay Raptors
                  - Milwalkee Bucks last 2 years (especially considering tanking expectations)
                  - Pheonix Suns last 2 years
                  - Charlotte last 2 years
                  When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                    Snooch: "Wow such dreamers. If the pick is top 10 I will be very surprised.

Haha love the troll callouts - its probable that one of these two picks fall somewhat toward the mean (read end of lottery) based on probability alone. If you own a team's pick it's somewhat likely they succeed or fail compared to a set expectation but for two (or 3 or so on) independant teams to both fail or both succeed compared to expectations is considerably less likely. It's most likely outcome that one of these teams do better than expected and one worse.

Non-elite NBA teams have wide margins between floor and ceiling - Examples:
                    - 17 win difference between 2 similar Knicks squads in 2012-13 and 2013-14
                    - pre/post Rudy Gay Raptors
                    - Milwalkee Bucks last 2 years (especially considering tanking expectations)
                    - Pheonix Suns last 2 years
                    - Charlotte last 2 years
                    Losing happens more than winning. Knicks won <20 games, nuggets have no PG except a rookie that cant shoot and Jameer. there is no basis for a huge jump in WINS

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Losing happens more than winning. Knicks won <20 games, nuggets have no PG except a rookie that cant shoot and Jameer. there is no basis for a huge jump in WINS
                      Maybe I should clarify more simply - if you are expecting a team to underachieve you can expect 50/50 odds. If you expect 2 separate teams - 25/75. Three is 1/8, etc..

Now you can argue against my expectations of them both being mid-lottery teams vs bottom 5 teams etc but I would argue that it's likely atleast one of the two are very likely (see math above) to fall outside of the bottom 5 or so.

The point is we got a very likely non-lottery pick at the time for Bargnani (+ 2nd rounders!) and the fact that it may become a future core piece in the mid-late lottery should give us all basketboners.
                      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
                      X