Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah. OK.

But to that point, Bird Rights won't mean much with so much cap room around, unless he stays in OKC (in which case he keeps the Bird Rights).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      My assumption was that he'd sign with a different team for that 1 year contract.. not stay with OKC. If OKC loses in the playoffs again, KD might switch teams, but want a 1+1 type of deal (and thus lose his Bird Rights). And that can impact him if he wants to win. A team without his Bird Rights can't splurge in free agency to get even better the following year if they go over the cap. That would mean that KD would need to find a new home.

But yes, if he stays with OKC, he'll retain his Bird Rights even if he signs a 1 year deal.
      Most people assume he'll sign a 1+1 in OKC because Westbrook and Ibaka both have 1 year left on their deals, so they'd all expire at the same time. If OKC loses in the playoffs again I don't think he leaves just yet. They're still the 3rd best team in the NBA, and Billy D appears to have them moving in the right direction. I supposed if SA or GSW could make room for him, then he might jump, but barring that, I think he remains with the Thunder for another year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Most people assume he'll sign a 1+1 in OKC because Westbrook and Ibaka both have 1 year left on their deals, so they'd all expire at the same time. If OKC loses in the playoffs again I don't think he leaves just yet. They're still the 3rd best team in the NBA, and Billy D appears to have them moving in the right direction. I supposed if SA or GSW could make room for him, then he might jump, but barring that, I think he remains with the Thunder for another year.
        I've been thinking on OKC's future situation with Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka. Is there a situation where they decide to move from Ibaka due to cap constraints? I mean, Durant and Westbrook will be ~$30M per guys, no? And Ibaka must be valued at least in the $20-25M range right? Even with a ballooning cap, that looks around $80-90M for those three guys, with a cap at around $100-110M. I don't know, but that seems like alot for three players, and not much left over to complete the roster. Now, assuming they are able to retain Durant and Westbrook, will they be open to trading Ibaka I wonder in the offseason? And how important is Ibaka's presence for retaining those two?

Comment

• Pau Gasol is a beast

Comment

• The 3 guys I have at the top of my list:

1. Jared Sullinger

2. Mirza Teletovic

3. Jon Leuer
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Woj reporting today that Durant wants to go to Golden State. God help us all.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Woj reporting today that Durant wants to go to Golden State. God help us all.

Ah, well let me start learning how curling works and watch that instead then lol

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                  Ah, well let me start learning how curling works and watch that instead then lol
                  They'd have to give up Barnes, Igoudala, Bogut, Speights, Barbosa, Rush and Clark to get Durant... but they'd have a starting lineup of Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Ezeli.

Comment

They'd have to give up Barnes, Igoudala, Bogut, Speights, Barbosa, Rush and Clark to get Durant... but they'd have a starting lineup of Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green and Ezeli.
                    I would gladly take barnes off their hands.

Comment

Are you sure he didn't state that he wants to go to the Golden State that Toronto is currently in?
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I read that as well. Bobby marks wrote how they could swing it cap wise and it involved renouncing Harrison Barnes. I'm with Snooch I'd like Barnes on the raps. If they are going to renounce him could he be had for picks at the deadline?

I think he fits well here do you?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                          I read that as well. Bobby marks wrote how they could swing it cap wise and it involved renouncing Harrison Barnes. I'm with Snooch I'd like Barnes on the raps. If they are going to renounce him could he be had for picks at the deadline?

I think he fits well here do you?

Barnes is a stud.

Can play multiple positions, can shoot and really can defend.

Like him alot, you make a spot for a guy like that.

Comment

Durant wouldn't do it.. he has respect for the game of basketball

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Barnes is a stud.

Can play multiple positions, can shoot and really can defend.

Like him alot, you make a spot for a guy like that.
                              He might be a system player. He didn't look at all good under Mark Jackson but has looked fantastic under Kerr. He's a VERY risky player that can easily turn into some other team's regret. I'm personally on the fence about him.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Durant wouldn't do it.. he has respect for the game of basketball
                                Durant wants championships. Going to the Warriors is the easiest way for him to get those.

Comment

Working...
                                X