X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I think it's also fair to ask how each guy would look with their situations reversed...

What if JV got free reign like Cousins? What if Cousins was asked to rim run and defend but only get 8-9 shots per game? I really think if JV was getting comparable usage people would be a lot more hesitant with these scenarios.

At this point the only big men I trade JV for is Towns and maybe Davis (Davis is obvious but he seems a bit fragile so I'd have some doubts for that).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Cousins got 21 FGA per game this season and had the highest USG% this season, Jonas got 9 FGA per game...

If Jonas got anywhere between 15-20 FGA per game, he'd be averaging 20+ and 10+.

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    If you have Cousins you don't need JV for anything.
    Meh I don't trust Cousins at Center. He takes possessions off. JV is straight beating every trip on both side.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    If anything Blake has proven to be better than DMC. He delivers in the playoffs.
    He also delivers a mean right hook.

Are you suggesting that Blake is better than Cousins? Otherwise I don't see the point in comparing the two.

Compared to JV, Blake is a one dimensional player who gets by on athleticism. He'll never defend at a high level despite that athleticism and as he gets older the athleticism will wane. JV is a potential two way star built on great fundamental skills and is on a fantastic bargain contract extension.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    ball4life wrote: View Post
    Of course he is better that's not the point... The point is we shouldn't use JV to get cousins/Griffin Because once we get cousins/ Griffin we are gonna want to get a JV. Why waste that when we already have him.

I know it's a tough negotiation not to have JV included in any possible trade but I would do anything to keep JV. We have other replaceable pieces on this roster with value to use in a trade.
    If you have Cousins you don't need JV for anything.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I agree on Cousins. Not so sure about Blake.
    I think it's also fair to ask how each guy would look with their situations reversed...

What if JV got free reign like Cousins? What if Cousins was asked to rim run and defend but only get 8-9 shots per game? I really think if JV was getting comparable usage people would be a lot more hesitant with these scenarios.

At this point the only big men I trade JV for is Towns and maybe Davis (Davis is obvious but he seems a bit fragile so I'd have some doubts for that).

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV. Above anyone on this team actually.
    Of course he is better that's not the point... The point is we shouldn't use JV to get cousins/Griffin Because once we get cousins/ Griffin we are gonna want to get a JV. Why waste that when we already have him.

I know it's a tough negotiation not to have JV included in any possible trade but I would do anything to keep JV. We have other replaceable pieces on this roster with value to use in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Have you seen the numbers Cousins puts up?

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post

A bonafide top 5 guy? so we're talkin LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Davis, Leonard...type of players right? no one in their right mind would trade those type of players for JV. Come on.

I wouldn't even trade Cousins or Blake Griffin or Klay Thompson for JV.

Let's get real here and stop overvaluing the guy,
    Then you're wrong.

Look, you have to put what JV was doing in historical context.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=per

There's the list of guys 7ft tall who put up a 25+ PER in the playoffs before 25. And JV keeps popping up on lists with those type of guys. It's time to realize what we have on our hands here. This guy is the real deal.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    If anything Blake has proven to be better than DMC. He delivers in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a bonafide top 5 guy. Neither Cousins or Griffin is that.

With what JV has shown in the playoffs, he's the guy you build around.
    ball4life wrote: View Post
    JV is a bonafide playoff material. You need that if you have championship aspirations. I'll be very hesitant to move JV at all. JV is close to untouchable in any scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blake Griffin and Demarcus Cousins are head and shoulders above JV. Above anyone on this team actually.

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    JV is a bonafide playoff material. You need that if you have championship aspirations. I'll be very hesitant to move JV at all. JV is close to untouchable in any scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    I don't want to trade JV unless it's for a bonafide top 5 guy. Neither Cousins or Griffin is that.

A bonafide top 5 guy? so we're talkin LeBron, Durant, Curry, Westbrook, Davis, Leonard...type of players right? no one in their right mind would trade those type of players for JV. Come on.

I wouldn't even trade Cousins or Blake Griffin or Klay Thompson for JV.

Let's get real here and stop overvaluing the guy,

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Masai should be working the phones calling two teams during free agency. The Clippers for Blake Griffin and The Kings for DMC

For Blake you can structure a deal around DD/Ross and are 3 first round picks.

For DMC you can package JV/Ross and picks. JV has really improved his stock this playoffs to headline this trade. Kings want to make the playoffs next year so they want proven commodities and future picks. JV/Ross, 9th/27th overall pick this year and the clipper pick next year.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    I'd be up for Meyers Leonard for a decent contract but you'd have to overpay him for Portland not to match. Unless they have some crazy ambitious plans for free agency they'll can hang on to their guys for now and then could always trade them later on.
    Portland has already been connected to Dwight Howard. Obviously who the fuck knows if they have real interest, but I wouldn't think Leonard is a priority. Don't know what they'd be willing to match or if they would even tender a qualifying offer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X