No announcement yet.

Looking Ahead: 2016 Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things will definitely be interesting if OKC does not win a championship this season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Things will definitely be interesting if OKC does not win a championship this season.
      Hell, they very well may not get to the Western Finals.

KD must see that the Spurs/Warriors are well positioned in the west for the rest of his prime, and seriously look at the Eastern Conference.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Hell, they very well may not get to the Western Finals.

KD must see that the Spurs/Warriors are well positioned in the west for the rest of his prime, and seriously look at the Eastern Conference.
        That or join the GSW lol

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
          That or join the GSW lol
          80 win season?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Thats definitely a dream.
            Yeah especially the part where that hypothetical roster wins 70 games.

Comment

• Any teams that missed the playoffs that the Raptors might be able to poach someone for almost nothing in the summer time ?! like a Pau Gasol?!

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                My Ultimate Dream Off-Season

Draft: #11- Luwawu, #24- Skal (I have a feeling he drops out the lottery and Masai trades up a for him as a project)
                Resign: DeMar, Biyombo, Thompson
                Sign: Durant
                Trade: OKC accepts defeat and in a sign & trade includes Ibaka for Carroll, Ross & Patterson (OKC gets some talent back and we get cap space)
                Let Go: Scola, JJ

PG: Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                SG: DeRozan/Powell/Luwuwa
                SF: Durant/Powell/Bruno
                PF:Ibaka/Thompson/Skal
                C: JV/Biyombo/Bebe

That is a 70 win team under the cap (assuming it confirms $90-100mil), if only dreams were this easy in reality as it is on paper. lol
                I thought S&T can only include the player being signed and traded from that team. As in the Ibaka trade would need to be separate. Have you done the cap math to see if it is possible?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Any teams that missed the playoffs that the Raptors might be able to poach someone for almost nothing in the summer time ?! like a Pau Gasol?!
                  I thought Pau has publicly stated his preference for playing the 5? In addition I believe the stats back that up, would have to double check though. Doesn't that make him a bad fit for us and potentially just lead to similar problems that Chicago just experienced?

Comment

• Oran wrote: View Post
                    I thought Pau has publicly stated his preference for playing the 5? In addition I believe the stats back that up, would have to double check though. Doesn't that make him a bad fit for us and potentially just lead to similar problems that Chicago just experienced?
                    I don't think it's his preference, he is a big and can play the 4 or 5.

Playing Scola and JV together is a worse fit.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Yeah that is not a 70 win team.

Comment

• Oran wrote: View Post
                        I thought S&T can only include the player being signed and traded from that team. As in the Ibaka trade would need to be separate. Have you done the cap math to see if it is possible?
                        No, you can include existing contracts in a sign and trade.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In what world is trading Carroll, Patterson and Ross for Ibaka a good idea?

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                            In what world is trading Carroll, Patterson and Ross for Ibaka a good idea?
                            The suggestion is to trade those three for Ibaka and Durant.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• in this scenario...

A.I wrote: View Post
                              Things will definitely be interesting if OKC does not win a championship this season.
                              Yea OKC is probably getting bounced out the playoffs by either GS or SA before the WCF, let along the nba Finals...I think IF Durant walks away from OKC and does the smart thing and goes East (T.O!!)...either Westbrook decides OKC is now his team and signs an extension and OKC stays the course or he doesn't commit and OKC starts the transition where trading someone like Ibaka for assets (Carroll, Ross, Patterson) & picks (LAC 1st + our 1st) in the S&T with Durant wouldn't be so unrealistic.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              Yeah that is not a 70 win team.
                              The 70 win team was meant with a touch of sarcasm attached but that starting 5 if healthy could dominate the east and make a run at it...yes the bench depth on that roster is limited to some good role players and relies on Powell taking a big responsibility as a 6th man but those starters would likely play 40mins a game anyway and its still a solid 9 man rotation at least. I mean to add Ibaka's salary plus resign DeRozan & Biyombo and sign Durant...gotta sacrifice salary somewhere (aka the bench) and trust in the development of the prospects and the 905 pipeline.

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                              In what world is trading Carroll, Patterson and Ross for Ibaka a good idea?
                              the world where Durant is attached to it lol throw in a couple picks even if the result was Durant, Ibaka and turning into a true championship contender.

Comment

• If DD does not re-sign, would we have enough money for Horford and Bismack?

I don't think AH is worth the max and if he really wants to win, he will accept a 4 yr/60 M$ deal. Bismack would then have to accept de mid-level.

Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
                                Horford/Patterson/?????
                                Carroll/Rookie/?????
                                Powell/Ross/?????
                                Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X